Clear All

2015-16 Europa League

So far:

West Ham v Lusitans (Andorra)
    Newtown v Valletta
    St Johnstone v Alashkert (Armenia)
    Vaduz v La Fiorita (San Marino)
    Aberdeen v Shkendija (Macedonia)
    Glenavon v Shakhtyor Soligorsk (Belarus)
    Crusaders v Levadia Tallinn
    Glentoran v Zilina
    UCD v Dudelange
    Cork City v KR Reykjavik
    Shamrock Rovers v Progress Niederkorn (Lux)
    St. Pats v Skonto Riga.

2015-16 Europa League

I think it would be wonderfully ironic if West Ham (and for that matter UCD) rampaged into Europe on their "Fair Play" entry with a series of bad-tempered matches that descended into dirty fouls, sendings-off and assaults on officials.

Comment

2015-16 Europa League

2nd Round draw hasn't been too kind to Scottish clubs:
      ICT v FC Astra of Romania (who were in Celtics group last season)
      Assuming they make it through Round 1:
      St Johnstone would probably face Serbs FK Crvena Zvezda (Red Star Belgrade to old b*stards like me)
      Aberdeen would play Croatians HNK Rijeka who have played in the group stages for the past 2 seasons and have a pretty formidable home record (less impressive away which offers a sliver of hope)

Comment

2015-16 Europa League

St. Patrick's Athletic will be away in the first leg. Fingers crossed for a good result and a packed out Tallaght Stadium.

Comment

2015-16 Europa League

Skonto Riga only have two men in the Latvia national squad these days. There was a time when there would routinely only be two non-Skonto players on Latvia's panel.

Comment

2015-16 Europa League

Skonto came quite close to going bust and almost didn't get a licence to play last season. They finished second despite having five points deducted for various financial irregularities.

Comment

2015-16 Europa League

I hope Bala v Trabzonspor happens.

Would also like to see Airbus v PAOK

Comment

2015-16 Europa League

Diable Rouge wrote: So far:

UCD v Dudelange
                You taking the piss, Kerryman? We don't slum in the Europa this term. Well not until the group stages at least.

Who allowed Stillorgan Poly into elite Euro competition?

Comment

2015-16 Europa League

Bizarre Löw Triangle wrote: I hope Bala v Trabzonspor happens.

Me too. Where will Bala and Airbus play home ties? I assume Wrexham/Rhyl again(?)

Comment

2015-16 Europa League

Duncan Gardner wrote:
                    Originally posted by Diable Rouge
                    So far:

UCD v Dudelange
                    You taking the piss, Kerryman? We don't slum in the Europa this term. Well not until the group stages at least.

Heh, blame Six County Beeb for that one, Belfield got in with the Fair Play lucky dip.

Comment

2015-16 Europa League

Duncan Gardner wrote:
                      Originally posted by Diable Rouge
                      So far:

UCD v Dudelange

Unless the State Department unexpectedly gets its finger out and sorts out this hardware failure affecting visa processing, I'll still be stranded in the Six next Tuesday and so will make it along to BT15 for the CL game.

Comment

2015-16 Europa League

jameswba wrote:
                        Originally posted by Bizarre Löw Triangle
                        I hope Bala v Trabzonspor happens.

Me too. Where will Bala and Airbus play home ties? I assume Wrexham/Rhyl again(?)
                        Bala will be in Rhyl.

Airbus, or AUK Broughton, will be in Bangor.

I hope every club that's representing Wales, apart from Newtown, gets absolutely hammered.

The only upside of this summer is that the person manning Aberystwyth Town's official twitter feed won't on the banter bus, he was said to have "owned Man Utd" this time last season.

Comment

2015-16 Europa League

Diable Rouge wrote: Belfield got in with the Fair Play lucky dip
                          Gotcha, same deal as West Ham getting a ski holiday in the Pyrenees. My Madrid Hammer mate is quite excited, although he thinks the game may be in Zaragoza or similar as the Andorran ground only holds 1,000 fans.

Sir Moses Hill wrote: Unless the State Department unexpectedly gets its finger out and sorts out this hardware failure affecting visa processing, I'll still be stranded in the Six next Tuesday and so will make it along to BT15 for the CL game
                          Hope yer paperwork gets sorted Sir, but if not I'll be in town and may see you there. Cellphone number attached by PM

Comment

2015-16 Europa League

Oops, can't read basic numbers. Cheers SZ

Comment

2015-16 Europa League

Those are last seasons draws. This seasons are here

Comment

2015-16 Europa League

I had never noticed Progrès Niederkorn (Lux) before, but it turns out they played in the European Cup in the 70s.

The European Cup in the 70s. Now THAT was a competition worth winning.

Comment

2015-16 Europa League

Could Aleshkert have got a less-appetising draw than St. Johnstone?

Comment

2015-16 Europa League

So, despite sneaking in by forgetting to kick a few more people towards season's end, were W. Ham actually seeded?

I only ask cos Andorra> Malta/Armenia seems very favourable compared to the Scottish teams' Serbs and Croats and Romanians.

Comment

2015-16 Europa League

Felicity, I guess so wrote: So, despite sneaking in by forgetting to kick a few more people towards season's end, were W. Ham actually seeded?
                                      Coefficients and all that - even though they've not competed in Europe for a while the fact they're an English team gives them a solid base of points and therefore a favourable draw.

Comment

2015-16 Europa League

Details here.

West Ham have the highest coefficient of any team participating in this round.

Comment

2015-16 Europa League

St Pats will play Skonto in Richmond Park. Quality.

Comment

2015-16 Europa League

Makes a mockery of them as some sort of 'wildcard' entry then, doesn't it?

Comment

2015-16 Europa League

Felicity, I guess so wrote:
                                              Makes a mockery of them as some sort of 'wildcard' entry then, doesn't it?
                                              But let's face it, UEFA dispensed with the notion that all teams should have an equal opportunity to succeed a long, long time ago.

Comment

2015-16 Europa League

The Super Saints kick off in just over a couple of hours. Fingers crossed they can bring a positive result back to Inchicore.

Comment

2015-16 Europa League

Touché.

Is it only The Racecourse, Belle Vue and Nantporth in North Wales that meet UEFA regulations then?

Comment

Working...
                                                  X