Welsh Football (domestic) thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TNS are away to B36 Thorshavn in the UEFA qualifying round next week.

Anyone going?

Fuck the TNS franchise.

Comment

Good call on starting the thread in general though! Hoping to see Port Talbot Town at some point next season.

Comment

Harry Truscott wrote: Fuck the TNS franchise.
        As my Grandma is from the Faroes I will be rooting for Thorshavn. Although I won't be going to the game.

Comment

Harry Truscott wrote: Fuck the TNS franchise.
          Amen to that sister!

Comment

Harry Truscott wrote: Good call on starting the thread in general though! Hoping to see Port Talbot Town at some point next season.
            There are a few fellas that have virtually given up going to watch Swansea in order to watch PTT. They swapped in Swansea's first premier league season.

Comment

If Bala Town get through the first round they play Trabzonspor, that should be interesting as the Turks living in the UK would want to go, where could they stage the tie?

Comment

Presumably the Racecourse Ground would be the nearest "big" stadium?

Comment

Of course, cheers DR.

Comment

Obviously, it's old news at this stage, but amusing to read about Ramsey's Twitterati going mental, would imagine they were east of the Severn!

Comment

Kowalski wrote:
                      Originally posted by Harry Truscott
                      Good call on starting the thread in general though! Hoping to see Port Talbot Town at some point next season.
                      There are a few fellas that have virtually given up going to watch Swansea in order to watch PTT. They swapped in Swansea's first premier league season.
                      I understand Cardiff fans leaving behind their former club, but need you to explain this in more detail to me. Why would a Swansea fan have turned their back on their team after promotion? No Tan figure in charge - they seem to be the template of a well-run club. What have I got wrong about them?

*Sorry to derail thread already.

Comment

To get thread back on topic, I noticed Kowalski posting a snipe at Bala Town on twitter.

What have Bala Town done to deserve criticism, please?

Comment

Kryvbas Gripper Rih wrote:
                          Originally posted by Kowalski
                          I understand Cardiff fans leaving behind their former club, but need you to explain this in more detail to me. Why would a Swansea fan have turned their back on their team after promotion? No Tan figure in charge - they seem to be the template of a well-run club. What have I got wrong about them?
                          I'd imagine it because people are getting disillusioned with top-level football for more general reasons even at relatively well-run clubs like Swansea. There are still problems even when you don't have a Tan/Allam/Glazer figure to exacerbate the issues.

Comment

Kryvbas Gripper Rih wrote: To get thread back on topic, I noticed Kowalski posting a snipe at Bala Town on twitter.

There was a similar snipe on the Europa League thread - along with one at Airbus - and I am also curious.

I did look at Bala's squad and there are one or two lower league names in there, like David Artell and Kenny Lunt, so I'm guessing they've become big-spenders.

Comment

Ton Pentre are appealing for support ahead of their AGM

Can't believe anyone would seriously diss Bala Town. Everyone who's ever been successful in Welsh domestic football has bought success. Except perhaps Caersws.

Comment

Aren't Afan Lido "Port Talbot's arch-rivals"?

Comment

Yes. Good point. You gain the coveted anorac award.

Comment

Diolch yn fawr.

Comment

I've even changed my post, so chastened am I

Comment

hopefully be off to see newtown v Valletta next Thursday. 70 miles so shouldn't be too bad. Would be nice to have a little more representation in the south but I'm sure that's been discussed previously ....

Comment

30 years ja service wrote: hopefully be off to see newtown v Valletta next Thursday. 70 miles so shouldn't be too bad. Would be nice to have a little more representation in the south but I'm sure that's been discussed previously ....
                                          Yes it has. A couple of months ago. On a completely random thread that had some aggro going on it.

Also, enjoy Newtown v Valletta. 19 years ago I saw Newtown play Skonto Riga in a Uefa Qualifier.

Comment

South Wales League champs Caerau Ely are apparently setting up a women's side as well. (According to the Twitter.)

Comment

Kryvbas Gripper Rih wrote:
                                              Originally posted by Kowalski

*Sorry to derail thread already.
                                              They're Dandys

Comment

jameswba wrote:
                                                Originally posted by Kryvbas Gripper Rih
                                                To get thread back on topic, I noticed Kowalski posting a snipe at Bala Town on twitter.

There was a similar snipe on the Europa League thread - along with one at Airbus - and I am also curious.

I did look at Bala's squad and there are one or two lower league names in there, like David Artell and Kenny Lunt, so I'm guessing they've become big-spenders.
                                                I could tell you what I've heard about Bala but I'm not that sort of person.

My jaundiced eye is down to a potent mixture of ennui and frustration. There are two months to go to the start of the season and I've already had enough of it.

We'll be watching the same clubs, some of them four times, we'll see the same players do the rounds, the same UEFA pro-licensed coaches will encourage the same players to surround the officials with same communal "HEY!!!!!"ing. Everyone will be wearing a Macron teamwear template.

The indicators tell us that that only change the FAW are willing to countenance is turning the WPL into a summer league played on artificial pitches. Last season the league's secretary told clubs that the best way to compete with franchise was to get their players to basically sod their full jobs and train harder.

We already know that Bangor City's can't financial dope, so we know that we won't be able to compete. This season we don't just have to contend with the usual pair of Franchise and Airbus, there's also Bala and the new kid throwing money around, Connah's Quay. On the other hand a slim chance of silverware is better than no chance.

In the last two weeks we've lost our captain to newly promoted Llandudno and last season's freescoring midfield "saviour" to freely-spending Connah's Quay.

We haven't even got a two match European adventure to break the monotony.

Comment

Jongudmund wrote: South Wales League champs Caerau Ely are apparently setting up a women's side as well. (According to the Twitter.)
                                                  Caerau (Ely) are champions of the Welsh League, which covers just southern Wales. It's not to be confused with the Welsh Premier League, which mostly consists of clubs from north and mid Wales, or the Welsh National League (Wrexham Area), which is for clubs in the north east of Wales. There are three leagues which have South Wales in their name - the first two of which are the South Wales Amateur League and South Wales Senior League. These two leagues cover the same area (the area administered by the South Wales FA) and the have one promotion place between them to the Welsh League (the league for team from southern Wales), so the champions of the two leagues normally have to have a playoff. However this years playoff (STM Sports of the South Wales Amateur League beat South Wales Senior League side Pontlottyn for those interested) was the last, as the two leagues are merging to form the South Wales Alliance League. This new South Wales league (not to be confused with the National Premier Leagues New South Wales, National Premier Leagues Northern New South Wales or New South Wales State League) will simply promote its champion.

Hope this clarifies things.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X