Welsh Football (domestic) thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
    I don't really get "test events" tbh. (Maybe that's one for the Covid thread, but what are they testing - whether there's an infection surge? Feels a bit cavalier but I choose to hope they know what they're doing.)
    At the bigger test events, they want to test that the flow of people into, through and out of the stadium is manageable. You don't want 2000 people all trying to get the same train afterwards, nor do you want them all going to the bogs at HT. You want to test that staff and stewards know what the rules are and can apply them sensibly and if you've implemented more electronic systems (ie no paper tickets, no cash sales) then you want to test they work too. Not sure how many of those factors will really come into play at a WPL game though.

Comment

Yeah sure, the crowd's not as big. But then maybe that means they should be opening these games up anyway. At the moment it seems to be "no you are too big to have 400 people in a ground that's easily seats 2,000 but you aren't big enough for our purposes so instead of sitting in the open air watching the game, sit in a bar watching it on telly".

Which is just fucking annoying.

Comment

The Europa League play offs start next week. Barry v Caernarfon and Pen-y-Bont v Newtown.

Comment

The 2021-22 Welsh Cup, and Welsh Amateur Trophy start in July and the draws for the opening rounds have already been made for both

Welsh Cup, starting on 10 July

Amateur Trophy, starting on 17 July

I've never heard of Giant's Grave FC, but surely they'll be confident of hosting a few upsets. The Trophy includes the brilliantly named Cardiff Cosmopolitan, which I think is served straight up in a tankard.

Comment

The South Wales Alliance League is starting in July as well. Apparently the thinking is to start early in case there's another winter lockdown. Their are some "inter-club matches" going on at the moment.

Comment

Working...
            X