Polish football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polish football

They have indeed halved all the points totals from the first 30 games, and then rounded up for those with 21.5 etc. Which is what leagues that split like this generally do.

Polish football

Janik wrote: They have indeed halved all the points totals from the first 30 games, and then rounded up for those with 21.5 etc. Which is what leagues that split like this generally do.
    Thanks. I thought most leagues just carried over the full points. It seems extraordianry to me that a team could avoid relegation (or win the league) by virtue of getting a free half point. It brings up all sorts of strange sceanrios. For example, any team on an odd number of points one game before the split knows that a defeat is as good as a draw (apart from goal difference, obviously).

Comment

hopefully attending Jagiellonia Bialystock-Korona Kielce and LKS Lodz-Wisla Plock this weekend,anyone any advice regarding seeing these particular clubs?ive been to a half a dozen other Ekstraklasa games before so I know about avoiding the ultras/how much of a pain it is buying a ticket

Comment

Clearly my post wasn't the start of this thread. I wonder where the rest of it went?

Comment

Stevie, I'm not aware of club specific advice for either of those two clubs

You obviously know the general routine by now.

Korona, who are from my mother's ancestral region, are considered a bit of a moneybags club by some traditionalists.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post

Korona, who are from my mother's ancestral region, are considered a bit of a moneybags club by some traditionalists.
            didn't know that,cheers.seen them away once,at arka a couple of years back-had about 50 of a travelling support but it was a Monday fixture,certainly better than the 9 gornik Zabrze took with them 2 days earlier to lechia Gdansk on a Saturday afternoon.
            really looking forward to this,a real last minute job as I was sitting in the house bored during the storm last sunday and thought "sod it,ill see if I can go anywhere for my long weekend next week",didn't expect to find reasonably priced flights or accommodation so late on

Comment

I'm not sure that they will take more to Bialystock. Kielce just isn't that big

Comment

I tried to go to Arka Gdynia Vs lechia Gdansk in October, but they wouldn't sell us tickets as the governor of the voivod had decreed all attendees had to have been to at least one other home match before.

Went to see Cracovia the year before no bother, but it wasn't a derby. Also enjoyed the beer with cheapo Ribena in, sok?

Comment

Originally posted by Janik View Post
                  Clearly my post wasn't the start of this thread. I wonder where the rest of it went?
                  That's all right then. I just looked at this thread for the first time and was perplexed at the way it appears to begin in medias res, so I'm relieved to learn that you're equally baffled Janik.

Comment

"Sok" is just juice.

I wonder if that particular tipple was inspired by the Berliner Weissbier mit Schuss

Comment

"Sok" is just juice.
                      Interesting to see how "juice" is rendered in various languages:

https://www.indifferentlanguages.com/words/juice

Comment

Originally posted by steviecowden View Post
                        hopefully attending Jagiellonia Bialystock-Korona Kielce and LKS Lodz-Wisla Plock this weekend,anyone any advice regarding seeing these particular clubs?ive been to a half a dozen other Ekstraklasa games before so I know about avoiding the ultras/how much of a pain it is buying a ticket
                        well,given how apparently horrendous conditions were in Scotland over the weekend,this last minute trip was a pretty good idea,apart from a cold fog in warsaw on Saturday morning it was lovely if a bit nippy.both games unfortunately 0-0 but they were enjoyable enough and it was nice to travel to places I doubt id go to other than for footy.Bialystoks stadium is a fine modern one,lodz's is currently undergoing complete refurbishment in 3 of its 4 sides(currently at groundwork/foundations stage) so id recommend anyone attending against big opposition to consider buying a ticket online.

Comment

I take it that this is very much an aspirational artist's rendering, then

Comment

I'm guessing the thread was started by Magik.

Comment

Comment

There was a video a couple of seasons back of Arka Gydnia and Lechia Gdansk fans hoying flares at each other, looked a bit worrying.
                                Last edited by RobM; 27-02-2020, 01:04.

Comment

Yes, Lechia have previous in this respect (as do a number of other Polish nutters)

Comment

that's appalling behaviour
                                    saw lechia at home to gornik Zabrze in august 2017 and their behaviour was truly moronic then,too-they went 1 down near the end of the first half and their response was not only to let off flares totally obscuring the ultras end but to also shoot loads of fireworks onto the pitch,resulting in the ref adding on no time at the end of the half(when they were actually chasing the game!)
                                    whwen I was in Bialystok a couple of weeks back the ultras let off a load of flares midway through the first half and appear to have seriously miscalculated it,the entire stadium was covered in dense yellow and red smoke resulting in the game being suspended until it had cleared

Comment

I take it that this is very much an aspirational artist's rendering, then

is that what lks lodz's ground is going to look like?if so then that may be what the future looks like but certainly not the present-id download photos but it wont let me

Comment

That's the architectural rendering, yes.

I'm not holding my breath.

Comment

Working...
                                        X