No announcement yet.

That means 'Manish, bye'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Caroline Barker was on 5 Live at least as much as Bloody Eleanor Sugary I
    Oldroyd the world would be a much improved place. She's a good presenter.

Comment

One of the many pros about being promoted is that I won't have to watch highlights presented by Colin Murray or Caroline Barker. That being said one plus about this is having midweek highlights something that Channel 5 should have done more often.

Comment

Did anyone see the Quest highlights? I’m away and clean forgot they were on but saw some damning comment on my timeline.

Comment

"See" is perhaps going too far. "Peer at" is more like it.

Comment

Is Quest available on Virgin cable? Anyone know?

Comment

Yes, though I forgot about putting it on series link until it was 2/3 of the way through.

Comment

Bugger, I quite liked the Channel 5 highlights, had no idea it had migrated until this morning. I realised this morning before going swimming that it was repeated from last night and I recorded it, and am about to watch it.

Comment

I missed it though it looks to be here for the moment at least.

https://www.questod.co.uk/show/efl-on-quest

Comment

It was fairly indistinguishable from the Channel 5 show. It had a different pundit and a different font, I suppose.

Comment

The National League version is quite enjoyable - gives you a good sense of the rawness of the fifth tier, with the absence of identikit stadia an additional bonus.

Comment

Tonight's EFL on Quest includes them losing summariser Ian Holloway mid-broadcast because Olly is poorly.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                          Tonight's EFL on Quest includes them losing summariser Ian Holloway mid-broadcast because Olly is poorly.
                          And the programme immediately improved. I’m hoping Quest might draw the correct conclusions.

Comment

Nice big bit on us on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by cantagalo View Post
                              And the programme immediately improved. I’m hoping Quest might draw the correct conclusions.
                              Clearly not. He was back on last Saturday and the show was the worst it's been since... well, the last time he was on.

It had seemed to be slowly settling into a reasonable standard of production after the noticeable drop-off even from Channel 5's fairly modest benchmark, but the latest show was barely watchable. We had Holloway being allowed to fumble without even managing to get an actual word out for an uncomfortably long time when even he was unable to pull out yet another variant on the generic "they seem to have a good team spirit and I think they'll be OK", which is about as deep as the analysis can get in a show like this. That was only topped by Colin Murray's Gary-Lineker-in-front-of-the-big-TV-style interview with the Rotherham manager, which went on for multiple minutes without anything of interest actually being said, which is a baffling use of airtime for a show that also needs to cram in a bit of action from over 30 games. It really shouldn't be this hard to put together a enjoyable, or even watchable, basic highlights programme, should it?

Comment

You’re right.

I recognise that there’s a risk of viewer fatigue in watching a string of games, most of which one won’t give two hoots about, so the programme needs something but I doubt the answer is a “personality” wittering.

Without my fast forward button I wouldn’t even bother with the programme.

Comment

Working...
                                X