Playoffs 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playoffs 2015

Congratulations to Kev, VA and all the other Canaries. Norwich is my mother's home city so I'm claiming that tenuous link to confirm my allegiance.

Comment

Playoffs 2015

Kevchenko wrote: And Brentford and Ipswich I should add. It's been a helluva season in the Championship.
      Congratulations - made Boro look half the side they were against us.

No need to commiserate. The Championship's a great league. The most entertaining football and the best Brentford team I've ever seen. Hoping next season is just as good.

Comment

Playoffs 2015

Commiserations to the Boro brigade on here. I had a slight preference for them in a battle between two very likeable clubs, if only because it's been a short while since they were in the top flight.

Comment

Playoffs 2015

Thanks to Norwich's win, next season's premier league will be the most southerly ever, apparently, with an average latitude of 52.47 (the exact latitude of Birmingham City's ground).

Four years ago the average was 52.82, which is almost as far north as Derby County.

You're welcome.

Comment

Playoffs 2015

One can never really shake a Cartesian education, can one?

Comment

Playoffs 2015

Well done to the Norwich chaps. Yay, no derby defeats next season (unfortunate cup draws notwithstanding)!

Comment

Playoffs 2015

ursus arctos wrote: One can never really shake a Cartesian education, can one?
                Ha, I wish. Educated by nuns in Norfolk, me. Down with that sort of thing.

Cartesian data copypasted from facebook.

Comment

Playoffs 2015

laverte wrote: Thanks to Norwich's win, next season's premier league will be the most southerly ever, apparently, with an average latitude of 52.47 (the exact latitude of Birmingham City's ground).

Four years ago the average was 52.82, which is almost as far north as Derby County.

You're welcome.
                  ...and the most Female ran ever. Six owners or CEOs apparently.

Comment

Playoffs 2015

Commiserations to the smoggies on here. Seriously. I was hoping theyd make it as all three in the PL has to be better for the region as a whole.

PS Danny Graham may be available y'know.

Comment

Playoffs 2015

Gary Hooper the next no-mark striker to get called up for England, then.

Comment

Playoffs 2015

laverte wrote: Thanks to Norwich's win, next season's premier league will be the most southerly ever, apparently, with an average latitude of 52.47 (the exact latitude of Birmingham City's ground).

So, 1888-89, then?

Comment

Playoffs 2015

Message to every English sports journo writing about Norwich's triumph: Alex Neil's former employers are Hamilton Academical - there is no "s" in their name.

Comment

Playoffs 2015

Duly acknowledged. But that then raises the question, raised on the WSC letters page many moons ago, why their universally accepted nickname is 'Accies' rather 'Accie'.

Comment

Playoffs 2015

So am I right in thinking only Rangers (so far...) have bucked the trend of the team finishing higher winning the play off?

I have a no. of Boro colleagues, inc. a good friend in the Union cttee., so Ms Felicity's Norwich upbringing and sister, brother-in-law and nephew at the game only just won out in my sympathies.

Plus I love the English media's inability to compute that a player-manager at Hamilton might be any good.

Comment

Playoffs 2015

'Accies' rather than 'Accie'

c.f. (amongst others) Oldham Athletic FC (Athletic being the adjective) who are the Latics (the players, fans as a collective noun).

Comment

Playoffs 2015

Nesta Arantes do Nascimento wrote: Duly acknowledged. But that then raises the question, raised on the WSC letters page many moons ago, why their universally accepted nickname is 'Accies' rather 'Accie'.
                                  Up the Accie!

Comment

Playoffs 2015

Felicity, I guess so wrote: So am I right in thinking only Rangers (so far...) have bucked the trend of the team finishing higher winning the play off?
                                    Nope. Southend also upset the apple cart. Only slightly as they were behind Wycombe in the final League Two table on goal difference, and only 4 goals behind at that. But they were 5th and Wycombe 4th.

Comment

Playoffs 2015

edit: never mind

Comment

Playoffs 2015

In answer to Janik:

Good- wouldn't want Rangers thinking they were special

Comment

Playoffs 2015

Rangers haven't really won a play-off yet either.

Comment

Playoffs 2015

No, but they have eliminated a side from above them in the final table. Which was what only Southend had maanged from the Championship, Leagues One and Two and the Conf National.

Comment

Playoffs 2015

Well, wow, what a great performance from Norwich. The mirror image of us v them at Carrow Road. The second goal was a fantastic team goal. Commiserations to Boro, but we just didn't let you play.
                                              We now move on to aiming to finish 17th or just above for a season (or two), watching our better players and manager being picked off by clubs where they don't achieve as much as with us. Being patronised in the press, cookery puns in every match report, references to feathers being ruffled, described a 'plucky' when we play well against a club above our station. Putting our reserves in our cup teams, because it's all about survival, because relegation costs £x million.
                                              Yeah, can't fucking wait.

Comment

Playoffs 2015

Hmmm, yeah. Sadly sounds spot on. I'll miss the Championship but imagine it won't be too long before we return.

Town fans need the derby, as it goes, as there are some things they need to iron out.

The semi final brings the Old Farm head to head to Ips 41-18-40 Nor. Incredibly close.

Town's current winless run of six is their joint longest in terms of games - they also went six without a win from 1981-83.

Norwich have had a longer winless run in terms of games, with eight from 1978-81 (against "that" Town side, of course).

But Ipswich's current spell without a win dates back to 2009, so is the longest time either side has gone without a derby win.

It also means that "Ipswich in the 2010s" is unfortunately unique, in that both sides have recorded wins in every other decade since the first derby.

Comment

Working...
                                                X