Desperately Seeking Summat- midweek matchgoing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully I'll get to Wembley v St. Margaretsbury this evening, but I've an appointment in Highgate first, so I'll probably miss the beginning. Oh, and I'll spend the entire time staring at my phone for updates from New York...

Think I am going to Harlow Town v Thurrock in the Isthmian North play-off semi-final. I'm out elsewhere this evening and there's slim pickings in London itself tomorrow night.

Comment

There are a few Thursday games on this week as Friday is a public holiday. I think I'll be going to the final of the Kreispokal Heidelberg in St. Ilgen - Viktoria Bammental v. Schatthausen.

Comment

Looks like I'm either going to be late, or not going to make it at all to Royston-Barton Rovers. Work is getting in the way. B*****r.

Comment

Shettleston v Rob Roy last night, 10 man Shettleston getting a 4-0 doing.

Hopefully Blantyre v Carluke tomorrow with torres but if I can't get down there in time then games at Maryhill or Vale of CLyde in Glasgow.

150th ground last night.

Comment

I'm off to Colchester v Swindon. Ground number 74ish of 91.

Comment

What a whining set of "Ref Ref" screamers are St Margaretsbury.

Comment

I don't get the impression St Margaretsbury's reputation is particularly angelic.

Comment

Player Manager Bates gets sent off again...

Comment

Red cards at Royston as well. A straight one for the home side's Scott Bridges for a bad tackle, and a second yellow for Barton's Pete Gatti stemming from the same incident.
                    That is according to twitter. I didn't make it.

Comment

Saints score immediately after half-time and start whining again...

Comment

The rumours in the club house at halftime are that we might finally seen the last of Ian Bates as a player. After more than 900 games in a Wembley shirt...

Comment

Wembley have now joined in the "Ref Ref" screaming. Very dispiriting.

Comment

In the bar at Colchester after a 1-1 draw with Swindon. Good game.

Fucking gutless Liverpool wankers though I suppose Rodgers thought they were tremendous.

Comment

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Er, that's nowt to do with what I've been watching...

Comment

Third season in a row that Rotherham fans end celebrating wildly.

Gits.

Comment

Last night I watched Upton AA beat Capenhurst Villa 3-0 in the West Cheshire League. Tonight I watched Lostock St Gerard's get a late equaliser against Coppull United having missed about a dozen chances from within the six yard box.

Tomorrow I'm going to Ingleton v Trimpell & Bare Rangers in the North Lancashire League, Thursday will be Halebank v Windle Labour Club in the Warrington League and Friday will be a North East Wales League match between Flint Mountain and Cefn Albion.

Comment

Royston game has finished 0-0 after extra time. Seems I didn't miss much. Penalties being taken (or have been and the twitter hasn't caught up yet).

Comment

Nope, happening now. 2-2 after 2 each.

Comment

Royston's 5th penalty is saved, so Barton win.

Oh well, next year.

Comment

Congratulations, GO.

Comment

There were a lot of ex-footballers and managers at Colchester/Swindon last night, presumably to do some scouting. At various points I saw Mick Harford, Peter Taylor, David Pleat, Mark Venus and Dave Beasant.

Harford and Pleat left early, Mick probably had a fight he wanted to get into and Pleat would have wanted to avoid the slow moving traffic.

Comment

Haha, made me chuckle that. Nice one.

Comment

Desperately seeking a mid-week fixture? Tonight is the Greg Cup-Final at Top Field, Hitchin. Supposedly, the oldest footballing cup in Hertfordshire. Played between non-professional teams — mostly village or "works" clubs — it's the only competition in which players can only compete once in their life. For the completist it sounds like a must.

Comment

Bammental 3-1 Schatthausen

Heavy rain in the hour before kick-off kept the crowd down to around 300 for the final of Kreispokal. Game was slow to start (no idea if the Schatthausen players' pre-match preparation of Red Bull and a smoke played a part in this...) as Kreisliga champions Bammental thought they were in for an easy ride, having beaten the same opponents 9-0 a few weeks ago. Schatthausen took the lead and that stirred Bammental into action as they equalised a minute later and went ahead with a deflected goal just before half-time. Schatthausen toiled away gamely after the break but once the third goal came, there was no way back. Bammental do the double and continue to make their way back up the leagues to the Verbandsliga, where they last played in 2006...

Comment

Working...
                                                  X