Weekend Non-Matchgoing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Half time at St Mary's, and my lot are somewhat fortunate to be level 1-1 with Southampton - although, in truth, neither goal should've stood...

2-2 final. Spurs stay a nose ahead of Saints in the 'race' for the Europa League. Not a bad game.

Comment

Leeds break a horrible run of consecutive defeats with an away win at Hillsborough. Kind of like "Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds...... Thursday!"

;-) ;-) ;-)

Comment

Bloody Watford.

Comment

san2sboro wrote: Bloody Watford.
          I'm neutral on the sentiments, but that was definitely a big win for them. If quite expected, given they were playing Brighton.
          In fact it should be just about enough, seeing as their final game is at home to Sheffield Wednesday. I mean, if a side are so bad that they can contrive to lose at home to the current Leeds team...

Comment

Leeds may have had 5 consecutive defeats, but at least 4 of them were incredibly close, including the one where the manager was suddenly and suspiciously deprived of half his preferred team.
            I don't think Wednesday need feel any shame in losing to our great club today.

Comment

I think we can take it as read that Wednesday will always feel it's shameful to lose to Leeds. Whatever the circumstances. Local rivalry will do that.

One win in six, with the most recent defeat being against a side who themselves had five straight loses doesn't speak of a side in prime form. If Watford were given a free choice of all Championship sides to face next week, Wednesday would be right at the top of their list. Alongside Leeds, one suspects.

Comment

Tranmere a goal down early on at Plymouth. In a match they simply cannot afford to lose.

One thing that sometimes happens at this time of a season is that both sets of fans at one game focusing intensly on a specific other one. i.e. that Plymouth-Tranmere game will be heavily on the minds of everyone at Hartlepool-Exeter. Which is currently 0-0.

Comment

Quick exchange of goals at Victoria Park, Hartlepool then Exeter. Cheltenham also losing, but as long as Hartlepool don't win will live to fight another day. Tranmere won't, unless they fight back.

Comment

Tranmere equalise ...

(both those words got the red line spell check)

Leicester fans noisy, but what's that song that sounds a bit Gary Glitter?

Comment

tee rex wrote: Tranmere equalise ...
                      Idiot.

Comment

Bit harsh to blame yourself. Blame the 11 guys in Tranmere shirts.

Oh and Millwall two up on Derby, which is a cat amongst the pigeons score for the Championship play-off and relegation pictures.

Comment

And the ones in Exeter shirts. 2-1 to Hartlepool and as it currently stands the issues at the bottom to be sorted today.

Comment

I love Jimmy Armfield (thanks to the World Service).

Every summariser should be his age.

Comment

Not-regular penalty-taker misses for Burnley ... will they never learn?

Comment

Over in Spain, I do believe that Jordi Alba just got sent off for dissent only (amounting to kicking the ball away, a hand gesture, and some language).

Comment

Janik wrote: I think we can take it as read that Wednesday will always feel it's shameful to lose to Leeds. Whatever the circumstances. Local rivalry will do that.

One win in six, with the most recent defeat being against a side who themselves had five straight loses doesn't speak of a side in prime form. If Watford were given a free choice of all Championship sides to face next week, Wednesday would be right at the top of their list. Alongside Leeds, one suspects.
                                  Today's result aside, our recent form has been pretty good I'd say, especially since we've had nothing to play for since mid March. Last week we drew at Bournemouth and then before that we beat Brentford, both of which results are not to be sniffed at.

I mean Watford don't have anything to fear, obviously, but i hope we manage to stop them going up (nothing against Watford per se, but I'm not keen on this kind of modern global club swapping players between Italy Spain and England on a whim type approach, and sacking managers like they're Palermo)

Comment

Am half-ignoring the commentary of NUFC vs. Swansea. We are fucked, and are hurling all our eggs into the basket of their being worse shite than us in the league.

And as I type, Swansea get a third.

Comment

Meanwhile. Come on Rochdale.

Comment

Am contemplating fucking it off and watching Ajax instead next year. And that's hardly a treat.

Comment

Hartlepool waiting on the final whistle at Whaddon Road to celebrate a survival which didn't look possible five months ago. Tranmere in the Conference, which is hard to get ones head around.

Comment

Ah, there it is. Cheltenham down. And Shrewsbury up, of course. Hope it isn't getting too feisty.

Comment

Oh, and blimey Leicester. Where on earth did the last month come from?!?

Comment

(Of course, some tw*t has to wave at the camera during the minute's silence for Bradford...)

Comment

...the 'tw*t baton' then taken up by Brad Guzan who gifts Sergio Aguero an opening goal within three minutes.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X