Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get your kit out for the lads, redux

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-32410016

"I received torrents of abuse - mainly from angry Bolivian men - people saying they would kill me if I went back and that I was designing for the Nazis. The reaction was ridiculous."

VfL Bochum wore something vaguely similar years ago:

Comment

That's awful.

edit - is it a tribute to Dark Side of the Moon ?

Comment

A former colleague of mine, who lived in Bochum, tried to defend that kit by explaining to me that those were actually the colors of the main sponsor that year, which did very little to change my mind about how absolutely awful that kit was.

To make matters worse, this was one of the extremely rare seasons where Bochum qualified for European football. So Bochum-Ajax looked like this:

Comment

smallcaps, I'm surprised that you don't have personal experience with the Faber empire given your time in Germany.

I thought every German postbox got at least one of their missives (with the rainbow logo in the corner) a year.

Comment

Wouldn't that kit be against the rules now?

I'm sure I heard something about having no more than three "main" colours on one set of kit and I severely doubt you could get away with claiming that the rainbow effect was just an accent.

Comment

Is that Dariusz Wosz modelling the Bochum shirt? He was a good player.

He was also about 5'3".

Comment

Yup.

I thought that the colour limitations were limited to national teams.

Comment

The story behind the OP is absolutely ridiculous, of course - not just for the quote in Guy's OP (because the Nazis, of course, were all about championing the rights of downtrodden ethnicities).

If they'd taken exception to the kit on the basis that it's not a solely Bolivian flag, they'd have still looked like twats but would at least have had a point.

Comment

ursus arctos wrote: smallcaps, I'm surprised that you don't have personal experience with the Faber empire given your time in Germany.

I thought every German postbox got at least one of their missives (with the rainbow logo in the corner) a year.
                    I'm pretty good at mentally blocking out commercial messages. So I might have had one of their missives in my postbox, but I would have immediately classified it as the spam it is, and then I would have thrown it into the bin without further inspection.

Comment

Working...
                    X