We are all Villans now - FA Cup semi-finals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, this is the last chance for someone to step up and prevent the climax of the greatest cup competition in the world being reduced to The Steven Gerrard Farewell Show this year.

If Liverpool get to the final then the weeks prior will be dominated by waffle about if he'll play and hype about his "legacy" and whether Liverpool win or lose the day will be spoiled.

Good people and players of Aston, we need you now like never before.

Some of us are more concerned about the Arse being enabled to retain the trophy than any 'Stevie G' tie-in.

Can't say it especially bothers me either way, however.

Comment

It's a tricky one. I'd dearly love Villa to win, but a small part of me would be like to see Liverpool lose the final on penalties with Gerrard missing the decisive spot-kick.

Comment

I'll be there on Sunday. I'm not a fan of Wembley semi finals but the boy wants a chance to see Villa at Wembley and who knows when a play off final appearance will occur.

I doubt Gerrard will play on Sunday but I'm hoping Lovren and Johnson do to give us a sporting chance.

Comment

I hope he wins it for his team with a 30-yard comet of a shot in the 95th minute. Then goes home to stare hauntedly at the big old space in his trophy room annexe.

Comment

I can't say Gerrard offends me as much as many over-hyped players in the PL era. He has remained loyal to his team when he could have easily walked away to Chelsea or City - I don't think we'll see too many more of his kind. The title last year would have been a fitting farewell for him but if he departs with an FA Cup Final win at Wembley then I certainly wouldn't begrudge him it. Would add a nice little bit of old-fashioned sparkle to the Cup's fairly drab recent history. They'll probably bottle it v Arsenal anyway.

Plus, can you imagine how much more insufferable Sherwood would be if he won the FA Cup?

EDIT: It should be 'We are all Villans' now too.

Comment

So it should, the spell-checker changed it erroneously. This is especially embarrassing in the light of Wookieewithoneegate.

Altered now though.

Comment

Urgh... the mention of the "grateful nation" in the article on the front page is really rather grating.

I do love the concept of going to Wembley, the occasion, etc. but I don't really like the stadium, the area or the pubs.

Anyway, Sunday won't be a patch on the FA Cup semi-final of 2012.

Comment

Harry Truscott wrote: So it should, the spell-checker changed it erroneously. This is especially embarrassing in the light of Wookieewithoneegate.

Altered now though.
                  Bravo!

Comment

I hope Liverpool get to the final and Gerrard scores 6 unanswered goals after coming on as a 60th minute sub, before tearing off his clothes, roaring like an angry bear and urinating in both goal mouths to mark his territory.

Comment

That seems more likely than Villa winning it.

Comment

It's more likely that he'll either score the crucial own goal like Gary Mabbutt, or underhit a backpass, before getting sent off. He only seems to scale the heights any more in order to fall further.

Comment

Why is it not "Villains"?

Comment

Because they're from the 'Villa' - they aren't guilty of criminal activity.

Unless a smash-and-grab at White Hart Lane counts.

Comment

I'm going. Everyone I know is equally sick of the Gerrard narrative. I'd like Liverpool to win, obviously, but the last few performances give little hope of that unless Villa misfire horribly. If Rogers starts Johnson I will be hoarse by half time, he is one feckless twat.

Comment

Reading to edge out Arsenal 2-1. You read it here first.

Comment

I think Reading might upset the odds today, as well.

Comment

"Come on the Villa" and "Up The Arse" is the frenzied cry from this house.
                                    We play Arsenal in the last midweek and want Villa as preoccupied as possible. Even then we'll still go down.

Comment

Normally would root against the BRC's but a Villa-Reading final would be shite.

Comment

I was thinking Reading up against their old boss Brendan.

Comment

Comment

Minging new font on Reading kits. Should default tie for that.

Comment

Red boots with red socks just is not acceptable.

Comment

I have come across plenty Villa fans who use the "i".

Comment

There's no I in team!

What?

Comment

Working...
                                                  X