This will be the last Stone - weekend matchgoing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wealdstone v Whitehawk for me. Last Stones game I'll get to this season. Apparently it's a Raider special...

To the one ground in the Conference I've not been to for Bristol Rovers v Southport. Hopefully it'll be our first win in Bristol since 1967 but I don't out hold out a great deal of hope having seen our "performance" on Monday.

Comment

Shrewsbury Town v Exeter City for me. Taking a friend who is a bit of a ground-hopper and wants to cross the Greenhous Meadow off his list (he had been to Gay Meadow).

Could be a promotion clincher if Town win and the teams in 4th and 5th lose or draw.

Comment

Ipswich v Blackpool for me. Maybe I've been unlucky with the games I've seen, but my hopes aren't that high if Ipswich don't get an early goal.

Comment

The all-singing, all-dancing, all-ticket crap-a-thon that will be York v Hartlepool. Might actually turn out to be my final City game of the season. I'm anticipating a massive let down.

Comment

I think I'll be the first one in action on Saturday with the early kick-off at Derby. A must not lose game.

Likely to be the biggest crowd Brentford have played in front of in a league game since Newcastle away in 1992-3.

Comment

Gangster Octopus wrote: Wealdstone v Whitehawk for me. Last Stones game I'll get to this season. Apparently it's a Raider special...
              The mind boggles. Didn't he do the crossbar challenge on Monday? (I nipped out for a pint at half time.)

3pm on Saturday will find me strolling in Kew Gardens with Mrs Benjm, her friend and friend's fanily. For tangential footballing interest, friend's dad was a professional player in Uzbekistan during the Soviet era. Hope to find out more about this.

Comment

Darlo v Mossley Sat.
                Worcs v Yorks Sun.

Comment

Benjm wrote: For tangential footballing interest, friend's dad was a professional player in Uzbekistan during the Soviet era. Hope to find out more about this.
                  Please report back, it sounds very intriguing.

Comment

Witton Albion v FC United, but probably won't go as Witton are dicks and we can't win the league until Tuesday at the earliest.

Comment

Middlesbrough vs Rotherham. I intend to have a pint for GO, which means he owes us three points, which is coincidentally the same as the FA.

Comment

I don't get back from holiday until Saturday night so, having not seen a game for a fortnight, I may try and sneak out to catch a match on Sunday.

Not much on but may try the Kent Senior Trophy final between Greenwich Borough and Hollands & Blair FC at Bromley's Hayes Lane ground.

Comment

I'm still trying to convince Mrs Torres that there is no requirement for me to go to her Mothers 75th birthday lunch/dinner. So, probably off to Linlithgow v Musselburgh Junior Cup Semi-Final.

Comment

Jongudmund wrote: Shrewsbury Town v Exeter City for me. Taking a friend who is a bit of a ground-hopper and wants to cross the Greenhous Meadow off his list (he had been to Gay Meadow).

Could be a promotion clincher if Town win and the teams in 4th and 5th lose or draw.
                            It won’t be because Bury and Southend have a game in hand. It’s against each other mind so a draw would do nicely when they get around to playing it.

As for tomorrow with Woods and Goldson both suspended and Salop still unsure if they want to play to their full potential I see an away win.

Exeter 5/1, lump it on.

Comment

Harry Truscott wrote: I don't get back from holiday until Saturday night so, having not seen a game for a fortnight, I may try and sneak out to catch a match on Sunday.

Not much on but may try the Kent Senior Trophy final between Greenwich Borough and Hollands & Blair FC at Bromley's Hayes Lane ground.
                              So were you abusing me for praising Mesut Özil whilst on holiday? That's special. Was it raining?

Comment

Argentinos Juniors v River Plate for me, at bloody half past nine on Sunday night, thanks very much AFA.

Comment

Barnsley v Chesterfield

We're all just basically killing time until BB&F replies aren't we?

Comment

After watching 5 of the last 6 Carlisle games I think I deserve a weekend off, too much of that could break a man. I'm going to Burton on Wednesday so it's not like I'm walking away altogether.

Comment

NickSTFU wrote:
                                      Originally posted by Jongudmund
                                      Shrewsbury Town v Exeter City for me. Taking a friend who is a bit of a ground-hopper and wants to cross the Greenhous Meadow off his list (he had been to Gay Meadow).

It won’t be because Bury and Southend have a game in hand. It’s against each other mind so a draw would do nicely when they get around to playing it.

As for tomorrow with Woods and Goldson both suspended and Salop still unsure if they want to play to their full potential I see an away win.

Exeter 5/1, lump it on.
                                      I saw Dom Smith play for Wales U21 last week and he might be shoved in in place of Goldson.

Lumping the ball over the top instead of passing it short in midfield might catch Exeter out. Anyone know how big their defenders are?

Comment

Ipswich v Blackpool. I have a bad feeling about these sort of games. And there's a new fanzine to sell.

Comment

I think its worth saying that wealdstones last game of the season, away at maidenhead will be sponsored by the 1927 club. alas I will be watching dynamo berlin that day, but have chucked in my share

Comment

I have my ticket. Off to watch the York Hartlepool 0-0. Should be poor.

Comment

There's a hell of a lot of monkey hangers here.

Comment

It's Raider Mania here at the Vale. He's being followed by an ITN camera everywhere he goes.

Comment

Whitehawk take the lead to the raptures of their fan.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X