US v Netherlands, June 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US v Netherlands, June 5

One of my friends at work is going to be in Amsterdam on June 5 and wants to see this match. Should he arrange tickets in advance, or is that something he could sort locally on game day? Likely to sell out, etc?

Any tips also welcome.

US v Netherlands, June 5

Their recent UEFA qual game against Kazakhstan didn't sell out (though it was close at 45k), so a friendly vs the US probably won't sell out either, unless it's held at a venue smaller than Amst. Arena.

Looking at the group A table, Holland might well be headed to the 3rd place playoffs unless they right the ship this fall and beat Iceland at home, which is 5 pts ahead. Lucky that the new format is more forgiving...

Comment

US v Netherlands, June 5

A thread, in Football, started by WOM, on purpose.

Is that a swarm of locusts I see fast approaching ?

Comment

US v Netherlands, June 5

Not only that, it's about football. It's not some ironic wildcard thread to see who's paying attention.

Comment

US v Netherlands, June 5

linus wrote: Their recent UEFA qual game against Kazakhstan didn't sell out (though it was close at 45k), so a friendly vs the US probably won't sell out either, unless it's held at a venue smaller than Amst. Arena.

Looking at their group's table, Holland is likely headed to the 3rd place playoffs unnless they sweep Iceland and the CR at home this fall, and Iceland also loses to Turkey. Lucky that the new format is more forgiving...
          Maybe some of those Yanks based in Germany will make the trip ?

Comment

US v Netherlands, June 5

Looking again at their recent fixtures, it might well sell out, they had over 50K for Ecuador, Wales and Ghana.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netherlands_national_football_team#2015

Comment

US v Netherlands, June 5

It should be Netherlands v US.

You did say any tips were welcome...

Comment

US v Netherlands, June 5

I've never gone to an Oranje match myself but I've had a look. The good news is, is that you don't need an Oranje club card (supporters card) to apply for tickets, it appears to be a free order. The KNVB ticket shop is here

https://knvb.voetbalticket-shop.nl/web/show/id=124391#

and you can pay by credit card for the tickets but will probably require an address in the Netherlands for them to be sent to if you can arrange that. The website is in Dutch only, but translate will be your friend.

As mentioned, it probably won't be sold out and there will probably be the chance of buying tickets on the day or indeed pay in at the gate but don't take it as gospel.

Comment

US v Netherlands, June 5

Billy Casper wrote: It should be Netherlands v US.

You did say any tips were welcome...
                  I was in New York a few years back, found myself in a bar watching the Knicks play the Celtics, and noted with dismay the US TV sports custom of listing the away team first. Put my teeth right on edge, so it did.

Comment

Working...
                  X