Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More footie fans showing their class.

Today, it's the turn of West Ham United to feel the wrath -

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/feb/23/kevin-kilbane-west-ham-fans-disabled?CMP=share_btn_tw

Going to stick this here as seems as good a place as any.

Basically all the recent derby matches between Wrexham and Chester have been awful.

They've been awful because the police have made them awful, primarily, but the bubble arrangements have helped to foster a really unpleasant climate including the tit-for-tat mocking of fans who had recently died.

Those incidents have given the police an opportunity to make large numbers of arrests and so justify the ridiculous arrangements they insist on.

In the run up to the fixture at the Racecourse next week, the clubs have launched an initiative aimed at rolling back the pointless nastiness and bitterness that has coloured recent derby matches.

It's probably not going to work. But at least there's recognition that the current arrangements aren't sustainable and that the derby is poisonous and a total waste of everyone's time and energy at the moment.

http://www.reclaimthegame.net/

My preferred solution is still disband Chester, bulldoze their ground/city and salt the earth so nothing will ever grow there again, but I'm willing to see how this plays out first.

Comment

Bizarre Löw Triangle wrote:
      My preferred solution is still disband Chester, bulldoze their ground/city and salt the earth so nothing will ever grow there again, but I'm willing to see how this plays out first.
      Letting them off lightly there? Then again I suppose that's what this initiative's all about...

Comment

I still don't get the fuss this game causes. It appears from here that each relative constabulary use the games as an opportunity to bump up the overtime. The mocking of dead fans is still limited to a very small minority, but the nature of the security arrangements create the conditions for nasty, spiteful abuse without the fear of repurcussions from the fans you're abusing. It's like sticking the Vs up at someone in the car - you wouldn't do it to their face if you were walking down the street, it's the feeling that you're immured from sanction that lets you do it. I'd personally like to see Wrexham and Chester fans police the games themselves - there are plenty of passionate fans from both sides who could control the crowds better than the North Wales or Cheshire old Bill.

Comment

This seems as good a place as any for this:

Steward offends Swansea fans by telling them to sit down in a high-handed manner, then performs Ayatollah during Man Utd game

Comment

Vicarious Thrillseeker wrote: I still don't get the fuss this game causes. It appears from here that each relative constabulary use the games as an opportunity to bump up the overtime. The mocking of dead fans is still limited to a very small minority, but the nature of the security arrangements create the conditions for nasty, spiteful abuse without the fear of repurcussions from the fans you're abusing. It's like sticking the Vs up at someone in the car - you wouldn't do it to their face if you were walking down the street, it's the feeling that you're immured from sanction that lets you do it. I'd personally like to see Wrexham and Chester fans police the games themselves - there are plenty of passionate fans from both sides who could control the crowds better than the North Wales or Cheshire old Bill.
            Yeah, but it's the Police's big day out - a chance to get away from the bread and butter of policing league football, dress up in fancy dress and pretend they're in the TSG or something.

They're not going to let that go. Imagine the look on their little faces if the Chief Inspector was to tell them there'd be no bubble match.

Comment

We get it when we play Rochdale, following the abuse scandal.

Our top boys - the kind of people who'd march stern-faced with pitchfork and flaming torch, singing 'paedophiles, paedophiles, out, out, out' - congregate at the bottom of the South Stand, arms outstretched and palms upturned, treating us to ditties about what opposition fans may or may not get up to with children.

Because, of course, it's funny when it's about the Doleys. Hahahahahaha, Doleys!

Comment

Is this now the thread to expose lower league meatheads and their skewed philosophies? If so let me add some of the finest from the Devon.

Not only the most up to date and topical references - telling a black steward he was a Chelseas fan - to old family favourites, a trip to Exeter brings them all out.

Their particular choice of ditty on a trip to cathedral city is a paean to Nicki Reilly, a poor, unfortunate lad from a Plymouth estate who decided to take a trip up the road armed with fertiliser and a bag of nails. Fortunately it all went wrong for him, but the fact that he did it as a muslim man is an irony I find almost beyond parody.

Comment

Working...
                X