Can you manage like Nigel Pearson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks. So looks like we should have no trouble sustaining four divisions now then. Remarkable. We may even end up with a fifth if we tick over the 50 mark, though divisions of ten would pretty much rule out all promotions I think.

12/11/11/11 would allow all three promotions from D1 to the top flight and two of the three for the two lower divisions (the fact the D2 is currently an 11 team division helps there).

I have colour coded the positions on the ladder here to show how 12,11,11,11 would count down from the top. (At the overlaps, teams on the right have precedence.)

Comment

Having been underwater with work for the last few days, I only logged in again this morning, to see that my charges had strolled to a 3-0 win in their friendly.

I am strongly considering retirement.

Comment

Hello, long time lurker here. Just applied to join so hope this doesn't balls up the division format too much. Based on fantasy league form I normally just hover above relegation zone so not much of a threat.

Comment

Welcome Livin' Astro and FC Blasé

Comment

Seconded.

Comment

Welcome aboard, LA. Just hovering above the relegation zone is a noble aim and one I am fully on board with. My team, the mediaeval Suth Seaxe Ealdormen, are currently on a similar mission to only finish 4th in our division.

Great to see so many joining up, some completely new, some forum veterans, and I also see ursus arctos loitering around that there Twitter from time to time. Excellent stuff.

Comment

Welcome aboard to everyone, next season looks even better with even more teams added. We could hit five divisions the way it's going.

Comment

Can you manage like Nigel Pearson? Like playing a back five in a defensive formation against a team who have the worst scoring record in the PL in a game which would have given a huge moral boost had you won.

Well can you better him?

Comment

Just thought I'd give this thread a bump for any more budding Nigel Pearsons.

Comment

Or Tim Sherwood, for those of a more attacking bent.

Comment

Sits wrote: Or Tim Sherwood, for those of a more attacking bent.
                        Bump.

As Tim Sherwood makes his managerial debut for Aston Villa this weekend we're still on the lookout for budding Pearsons and Sherwoods for our league, give it a go, you might like it.

Comment

And another bump seeing as the season has drawn to a close.

Comment

There are two vacancies for new teams remaining in the OTF league for next season. Why not give it a try?

Sign up link is http://www.xperteleven.com/?lid=108391

Comment

You are Nigel Pearson. You decide to play 3 centre halves and 5 to choose from.

1.Club captain but woefully short of pace and confidence. Mid 30's.
                              2. Former international now past his best and no pace. Mid 30's.
                              3. Former international on loan now past his best and no pace. Mid 30's.
                              4. Former international released in the summer by team a division below you. Absolutely no pace and mid 30's.
                              5. Current England u21 international, one of the brightest talents to come through the club in years and who you turned down an £8m offer just 12 months ago. A fans favourite. Plenty of pace.

So which of the above do you send to Brentford on loan for the rest of the season?

Comment

Working...
                              X