X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new WSC with Villa on the cover

Do I win this month? Woo-hoo!!

Yes. Your prize is in the post. Wait in for it all day Saturday.

Comment

Mine's arrived but remains sheathed.

Comment

I've broken the virginity of mine.

Comment

When Saturday Comes, indeed.

Comment

Jongudmund wrote: Yes. Your prize is in the post. Wait in for it all day Saturday.
            He never goes out on Saturday anyway...

Comment

I'm going to break with tradition and say I liked the cover joke.

Was amused to discover from Harry Pearson's article that in Spot The Ball competitions you're not actually trying to work out where the ball was but where some other people think it was.

Comment

Can I just take a moment to say how much I really like ‘Scenes From Football History’? Apart from the care and attention that obviously goes into each illustration, it provides a comforting reminder that despite several increasingly glossy makeovers, WSC remains at heart the same magazine it ever was. Other features may come and go but ‘Scenes From Football History’ is indomitable, a dependable oasis of continuity in the hectic maelstrom of modern publishing. And the current issue marks quite a landmark for ‘Scenes From Football History’, because it’s the first one that’s made me laugh.

Comment

Hot Orange wrote: I'm going to break with tradition and say I liked the cover joke.
                  Me too.

Comment

Rick Derris to thread!

Comment

Apart from the last line, totally agree with you there Mumpo. Whilst laugh may sometimes be a bit strong, they rarely fail to raise at least a smile.

Comment

This issue was excellent, I thought. Great articles throughout.

Comment

I was astonished to learn that the Football League used goals scored ahead of goal difference for some years in the '90s. The team I support were in the Football League for most of that period and I had absolutely no idea.

Comment

Mine still hasn't arrived...

Comment

delicatemoth wrote: I was astonished to learn that the Football League used goals scored ahead of goal difference for some years in the '90s. The team I support were in the Football League for most of that period and I had absolutely no idea.
                              When Hereford dropped out of the league in 1996-7 after finishing with the same number of points as Brighton, they would have stayed up had the deciding factor been goal difference rather than goals scored.

Comment

Hot Orange wrote: I'm going to break with tradition and say I liked the cover joke.

Was amused to discover from Harry Pearson's article that in Spot The Ball competitions you're not actually trying to work out where the ball was but where some other people think it was.
                                Really?

(The only thing that surprised me is that it's decided by "two wise men" and not the much-vaunted "panel of experts")

Comment

The match report was excellent.

Comment

delicatemoth wrote: I was astonished to learn that the Football League used goals scored ahead of goal difference for some years in the '90s. The team I support were in the Football League for most of that period and I had absolutely no idea.
                                    Count me in on this too. These were formative years following the sport, too: I have no idea how it is I could have completely forgotten this practice ever occurring.

Comment

The match report was excellent.

Indeed, I'd go as far as to say that the match reports in WSC continually attain such a standard that if I've been let down by any they're so rare I can't recall them.

Comment

Working...
                                      X