Football trophies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Football trophies

What's your favourite? For me, the German meisterschale takes some beating...

Football trophies

The old Football League championship trophy, that I think they still give to winners of the Championship, was easily the most beautiful in English football. It's bigger than it looks here, too, because Ron Yeats was about 7 foot 6.

The Premier League trophy, in contrast, looks like something designed by a five-year-old with a set of gold crayons.

Comment

Football trophies

Yep, here it is in action.

Comment

Football trophies

Here's the brilliantly bonkers Fairs Cup with bananas for handles.

http://www.fradi.hu/en/football/first-team/news/icc-trophy-at-home-again/20130309/c/3263

The Fairs Cup was the predecessor of the UEFA Cup, itself a beaut of a trophy.

Comment

Football trophies

Women's football trophies seem to be skinnier and swirlier than the male equivalents.

Comment

Football trophies

I've posted it on here before:
            The Essex Thameside Trophy

Comment

Football trophies

The MLS Cup has a certain je ne sais quoi:

Comment

Football trophies

Three Times A Reddy wrote: The MLS Cup has a certain je ne sais quoi:
                More like quelle le fuck?

Comment

Football trophies

The World Cup.

Surely not just the most beautiful trophy in football but the most beautiful in the entire world of sport.

The fact that England never come close to winning it also gives it an added mystique.

Comment

Football trophies

The Essex Thameside trophy used to be Anglia TV's station symbol, didn't it? Used to come up ahead of Mr and Mrs.

Comment

Football trophies

Three Times A Reddy wrote: The MLS Cup has a certain je ne sais quoi:
                      MLS also hands out trophies to the Eastern and Western Conference champions.

I've drank beer out of the Western Conference trophy.

Comment

Football trophies

surely this is the picture you wanted inca.

Comment

Football trophies

Rogin the Armchair Fan wrote: The Essex Thameside trophy used to be Anglia TV's station symbol, didn't it? Used to come up ahead of Mr and Mrs.
                          Nah, Anglia was the knight on horseback.
                          I think the galleon was used on Westward's ident.

All those hours spent on TV Ark finally come in useful.

Comment

Football trophies

I'm quite fond of my Dearham FC 'Manager's Player of the Year' and 'Player's Player of the Year' trophies, both won in the same season, back in ooooooooohfuckinghellwasitreallythatlongago?

Comment

Football trophies

I like the ones you often see on 19th century team photos that were about the size of an adult human being, and inevitably awarded for winning the North Manchester Invitational Senior Shield or the annual Professionals vs. Gentlemen match.

Comment

Football trophies

I mean, look at this fucker Villa won:

Comment

Football trophies

Warning to a theme, the FA women's premier league and FA Cup trophies were clearly designed before the skinny and swirly trend took hold.

Chunky and clunky.

But the newer WSL gets closer to nailing the brief. Possibly too symmetrical though.

Comment

Football trophies

The Southern League still uses a trophy like that:

Conversely the Isthmian League didn't bother with a trophy for years, as the honour of winning was sufficient.

Comment

Football trophies

beak, in retrospect it wasn't a bad idea giving Villa a trophy that would take four people to carry, let alone nick. They managed to lose the original FA Cup (that's in that picture).

Comment

Football trophies

Rogin the Armchair Fan wrote: beak, in retrospect it wasn't a bad idea giving Villa a trophy that would take four people to carry, let alone nick. They managed to lose the original FA Cup (that's in that picture).
                                        We didn't 'lose' it, someone stole it. If only Pickles had been available...

Comment

Football trophies

Sean of the Shed wrote:
                                          Originally posted by Three Times A Reddy
                                          The MLS Cup has a certain je ne sais quoi:
                                          More like quelle le fuck?
                                          I immediately though there must be some sponsorship deal with the BBC going on:

Comment

Working...
                                          X