The owner of Burscough sounds like a right dick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I arrived at the turnstile of Burscough FC on Saturday 31st January as I usually do to watch the team play. On arrival I was met by a large Security Guard; who I had never met before; and was told in an aggressive manner that I had been banned from the club and could not come into the ground.

I asked the reasoning behind the decision; as I was very surprised; and who had taken it and he informed me that the owner had told him not to let me in and that I had been sent a letter explaining the reasons why. I explained that I had never received a letter nor any communication of any sort from the club but he was insistent that he would explain it all outside. I asked him how he could explain when he didn’t know the reasons as to why I had been banned and could he not get one of the committee to explain. He then stated that he would forcibly make me leave and I told him that if he laid a hand on me I would call the Police and have him charged with assault.

He told the gatekeeper to give me my money back but when he was told I was a season ticket holder this confused him and he stated I would have to write to the football committee about this. I then left the gate and went into the Barons for a drink to calm me down as I was so upset.

I would point out that I am 72 years of age and have high blood pressure and can be a little unsteady on my feet and to be treated in this fashion can only be described as despicable. I abhor violence and have never been party to it and I was very upset by this threatening treatment and the manner in which I was talked to.

I have watched Burscough Football Club for over 35 years and been a loyal supporter and never witnessed anyone being treated in this way. In fact I can never remember seeing Security Guards before at Victoria Park.

On arriving at the Barons I was informed that the football club have indeed hired two Security Guards and it was believed that as well as keeping me off the ground they were there to prevent the door to the ground from the Barons being opened at Half Time. This was indeed the case.

They also informed two of the BISA committee members who had opened the shop on the ground that the treasurer of the club had said it had to be closed.

It further came to light that the Security Guards are expected to be on duty for the rest of the season.

I and my BISA committee have had a few meetings with the owner over the years and I have always insisted when we have met that he be treated with respect and allowed to have his say even if individual members have not agreed with him and members of my committee will confirm this.

It is now becoming apparent that as one plan after another for the redevelopment of Burscough FC that is submitted by the owner of Burscough FC is opposed by various factions of the community that he becomes more and more confrontational towards those who he feels opposes him. My treatment as described above being the latest example.

He has already banned Mr Keith Forshaw, one of our committee, but failed to produce one shred of evidence of the complaints that was levelled against him.

We have tried to have a dialogue with the club and to this aim I have written to the officials on numerous occasions on a number of issues which were a concern to our Association and hand delivered them to those involved, copies of which I have, but these have not been answered.

We have, as you all know, contributed large sums of money to purchase services and facilities for the club over the years but this is the way we have been treated.

I can assure the owner and committee of the club that I am not one to frightened easily and will not be bullied and I will continue to speak out on issues that I feel are important even if this leads to the owner and committee of Burscough FC taking the attitude towards me and my committee that they have.

Our Solicitors have been informed.

A.D.Hardisty
    (Chairman BISA)
    https://ibsa2013.wordpress.com/2015/02/02/statement-2/

If he's got high blood pressure they're doing the right thing stopping him going in for a few pints. Probably saved his life.

Comment

Isn't there a Top Gear thread you can be laughing at immigrants and protesters on? Leave the football stuff for people who actually take a proper interest in the sport.

This doesn't read as jocular as was intended. Which suggests I probably meant it. Apologies, Rog, if offence was taken. If not, then fuck off some more until you are offended, so I've not wasted an apology.

Comment

It appears that the cunt quotient among "owners" of English football clubs is increasing exponentially, and will soon approach 100%

Do you think this is indicative of a new "more commercial / hard edged" attitude towards "bizness" in general over there, or particular to football clubs?

Comment

Working...
        X