Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firhill tonight? (Weekend matchgoing thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do any of our Scottish friends partake of Partick? It seems their home match v St Mirren is the only game in town tonight. It's not one of the (two) Scottish grounds I've been to. I wonder what the pies are like.

Me, I'm missing out this weekend. Morecambe is a nice place, so they tell me. But it's just too bloody far.

So where are you off, for you real-life football fix this weekend?

We're off to the FA Youth Cup 5th round tie tonight, between Liverpool and Birmingham .

Comment

Firhill's pies are great. It's where I discovered about the existence of the Cheese & Macaroni Pie (though didn't actually taste one as they sold out. The clamour for them was so great I missed one of Thistle's six goals that day unsuccessfully queuing).

Comment

Pies are alright but I recall a soggy bottom last time - bane of most football pies. Dingwall is where it is at for quality. The haggis pie is the best in Scotland. Hoping Forfar get promoted for next year.

I'll be going tonight. Usually a good attendance even when on tv. Discount for St Mirren season ticket holders which is nice.

Comment

Doing the Premier League thing - Hull v Newcastle. Going to be sitting with my other half's dad (his friend isn't going so his season ticket is going free), which will be... interesting. Kind of looking forward to it on a sentimental level - my first ever live football match (25.5 years ago with my own dad) was Hull v Newcastle!

Comment

No game for me this weekend - up north visiting a new arrival in the family. It's somewhat typical that since a change in work circumstances enabled me to go to a lot more Saturday matches, I'm gonna have to miss quite a few of them for one reason or the other.

Though given how shit things are at Brisbane Road I can't say I'm feeling much pain about it. An anguished afternoon looking at the Twitters awaits.

Comment

Newport v Shrewsbury.

My mate is the match sponsor so it's gladrags all round plus Mrs HORN has been press-ganged into coming too, so it will be a slightly different match day experience.

Comment

It's likely to be a local Combined Counties League game for me as my schedule is tight over the weekend.

Probably my nearest side Molesey at home to Cove in what would be a 3rd v 2nd in the table clash (having watched Camberley Town go top with a late 0-1 win at Colliers Wood United on Wednesday).

The other likely option is Knaphill (who I have been trying to see at home for ages but keep suffering postponements) at home to Badshot Lea.

Comment

Grimsby v Telford, fingers crossed we can make it 4 wins on a row in the league. Although, our form v the bottom sides would suggest we won't.

Comment

Charlton Athletic away tomorrow. My fourth trip to the Valley, but the first to see something that I've seen there before...

Anyone seen Mat recently?

Comment

Holding off to see what games beat the weather up here, junior/East of Scotland game of some description I hope.

Hearts at Alloa at 5.30 live on Alba as well, there will be beer.

Comment

Big match termoz in the Tin Pot Glue league. FC United v Ilkeston Town. Ilkeston star striker, Che Adams, won't be playing however, as he's busy scoring for Sheffield United v Spurs these days. Consequently we'll win like fuck.

Comment

Ignoring the advice given on the last weekend thread, I'm going to Bromley (assuming the weather isn't crap). Bit worried about TonTon intimating that Hayes Lane is a deathtrap, but what's life if not for taking risks

Comment

Vicarious Thrillseeker wrote: We're off to the FA Youth Cup 5th round tie tonight, between Liverpool and Birmingham .
                            Be interested to know which players catch your eye.

Comment

Jobi1 wrote: Doing the Premier League thing - Hull v Newcastle. Going to be sitting with my other half's dad (his friend isn't going so his season ticket is going free), which will be... interesting. Kind of looking forward to it on a sentimental level - my first ever live football match (25.5 years ago with my own dad) was Hull v Newcastle!
                              How long have you been in relationship with "other half"? I can understand your concern if the answer is 'less than three weeks'.

My first date with the now Mrs KGR was to meet at a Sheffield Wednesday home game. I was sat two seats away from her mum. Worked out ok in the end.

Not sure about which game I'll be at this weekend. Apparently we're all off to Mrs KGR's parents for the weekend, and as it is in snowy Peak District, I suspect that all local games will not go ahead. Looking forward to watching Brentford v Boro on their telly though.

Comment

To KGR: I'll let you know. I've heard good things about Kyle McFarlane.

Comment

via vicaria wrote: Ignoring the advice given on the last weekend thread, I'm going to Bromley (assuming the weather isn't crap). Bit worried about TonTon intimating that Hayes Lane is a deathtrap, but what's life if not for taking risks
                                  I'm not sure why TonTon thinks that, especially when they are willing to actually hinder their team with some of their safety precautions :

Comment

Kryvbas Gripper Rih wrote:

How long have you been in relationship with "other half"? I can understand your concern if the answer is 'less than three weeks'.
                                    A number of months now. I get on very well with his dad thankfully and we've watched telly football together already. The weirdness will be because it'll just be me and his dad sat together, as they don't have their season tickets together!

Comment

This thread always makes me nostalgic for Europe.

The sheer availability of football is one of the things I miss the most.

New York is many things, but a live sport Mecca is not one of them, particularly if one is not fond of basketball.

Comment

Southport v Gateshead. First home game under our new manager. I suspect it will be cold.

Comment

Brentford v the Boro tomorrow morning - does anyone know if I can take a phone charger in Griffin Park?

Comment

You'll be wasting your time; there's no sockets in the away end...

Comment

Brentford v Boro. This time I'm going by car to avoid any train-related fuck-ups.

Oh dear - just had a vision of me and a broken-down car on the hard shoulder of the M1.

Comment

I'll ask for your Hai Karate, GO.

What happened last time, cantalgo?

Comment

Apparently the jam ban reached the ears of Danny Baker...

Comment

Working...
                                                  X