Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where You Going?

The weekly match going thread.

Our lot don't have a game, so I'm heading to Mansfield v Wycombe to get another of the 91 ticked off. And you?

Where You Going?

Chelsea V Bradford in the Cup.

I'm underwhelmed at the prospect, if I'm being honest.

Comment

Where You Going?

Home to Brentford to gain points on Ipswich (or maybe not).

Comment

Where You Going?

Brighton v Arsenal. "Arsene Wenger, we're coming for you."

Putting Cup romance aside, I'd be happy to see us put in another decent performance but obviously not expecting much by way of a result.

Comment

Where You Going?

Wimbledon v Accrington Stanley, my first Dons match since they played another red-clad Lancashire colossus, Liverpool.

There's been about eight transfers, in and out, since and they appear to have been much weakened by them. They've also not managed to beat Stanley since being back in the league, recording one draw and six defeats.

I should stop writing actually as I'm talking myself out of it.

Comment

Where You Going?

Having signed up for the FA Cup auto-ticket scheme at the beginning of the season, I'm going to Liverpool v Bolton. Like NS, I'm a bit underwhelmed, and rather uncharitably, I find myself hoping that Bury v Carlisle is postponed so that I will be free to go to the rearranged fixture.

Comment

Where You Going?

I'm not going down to Barnet Queensbury to see the Southport's first match under their new manager - my next trip down that way will be for the game at Dover next month.

Instead I'll be heading to north Wales for the Llandudno derby between Albion and Athletic. That's a 5:30pm kickoff, so I'll head to something in the Anglesey or Gwynedd Leagues beforehand.

Comment

Where You Going?

Where I'm not going. Norwich.

35 quid for a ticket is taking the piss so I've decided to sit in the warm on the sofa, hope to find an internet feed and save myself spending 100 quid or so on a day out.

Comment

Where You Going?

I am definitely going to make it to the Meadow of Kings tomorrow, to see us smash Stanley. Or at least I'll be at the game. The shitter the oppo, the shitter we are, as a rule.

Comment

Where You Going?

I have a ticket to attend one of Britain's most unappealing grounds, the Weston Homes Community Stadium, for an unappealing relegation six-pointer. It will be cold. And grim.

Comment

Where You Going?

This weekend I'll be going to watch Bangor away at Cefn Druids, I said the same thing last week but there was a frozen pitch and a south Walian referee with a half a match fee to claim.

If there hadn't been a postponement I would have been going to watch FC United tomorrow.

Comment

Where You Going?

To the club to watch Man City v The Boro.

Comment

Where You Going?

WOAH THERE!

Comment

Where You Going?

Ha!

Comment

Where You Going?

We'll have none of that, young man!

Comment

Where You Going?

cantagalo wrote: Where I'm not going. Norwich.

35 quid for a ticket is taking the piss so I've decided to sit in the warm on the sofa, hope to find an internet feed and save myself spending 100 quid or so on a day out.
                                For £25 I'll give you live updates from the ground.

Comment

Where You Going?

Hey, we sold out, there were six hour queues, I'm going to Brentford for a 12.15 kick off next week and it's a dodgy foreign channel. I'm doing my best.

Comment

Where You Going?

Six-hour queues? Blimey.

Comment

Where You Going?

There's absolute away match mania at the Boro this season. We had 7000 at Blackburn the other week.

Comment

Where You Going?

TonTon wrote: The shitter the oppo, the shitter we are, as a rule.
                                        Stanley are doing well this season though, so conversely we should play better tomorrow. Can't wait (to meet my chums in the pub before the match).

Comment

Where You Going?

Which is your pre-match pub of choice?

Comment

Where You Going?

Wemberlee for me. If the pitch is up to it...

Comment

Where You Going?

Usually the Prince Of Wales (SW19) but as there's engineering works on the railway will be trying out the Willoughby Arms in Kingston tomorrow. Free onion bhajis and sausages apparently.

Comment

Where You Going?

Bootham Crescent to watch York not score against Burton.

Comment

Where You Going?

I am going to watch Bath City's next instalment in "The Greatest Cup Competition In The World ™"* against the chippy Northerners from Altrincham. I think we are probably doomed but it has buoyed our season.

*this season

Comment

Working...
                                                  X