• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Famous Broken Noses of Football

Ogrizovic

Bruce

van Gaal

Cowans (dunno if this one counts, looks like there's a bit more going on..)

Comment

Not sure whether it was ever broken, but it always looked like it had been:

Comment

I understand, especially if you're a big ugly centre-half, why you wouldn't get your nose fixed when you're playing; after all, it's reasonably likely it's going to get broken again.

But why Bruce and McCarthy don't pop down Harley Street is beyond me.

Comment

I would have thought a quick fix-up could help with the whole breathing aspect of being an athlete (of sorts).

Van Gaal looks to my untrained eye like he has paid someone to dig his nose out of his skull somewhere along the way.

Comment

As with Gorlukowitsch, I'm not sure whether this little centre-half's nose was ever broken:

Comment

Comment

When Steve Bruce was at Gillingham, I saw him break his nose during a match, bleed copiously for a bit, pop it back in place and carry on playing as if nothing had happened.

His nose was already a mess back then, so I imagine he was used to it.

Comment

Can't find a very good photo of Leonardo elbowing Tab Ramos.

Comment

Comment

Stumpy Pepys wrote: But why Bruce and McCarthy don't pop down Harley Street is beyond me.
                      Maybe because of the stick David O'Leary got when he had his "re-set"...

Comment

Mate of mine went to get his re-set many moons ago.

He was kind of expecting some sort of numbing agent and then a process of gentle manipulation to slot his snib back into something approaching place. He was a bit stunned when the doc came along and whacked him in the coupon with a hard rubber hammer.

Comment

I've never really noticed it before, but old Katsche looks like he could be Schweinsteigers's dad there.

Comment

Comment

If anything, he's broken his nose too well.

Comment

Three Times A Reddy wrote: If anything, he's broken his nose too well.
                                Haw haw haw haw haw haw haw haw.

Magic.

Comment

15 replies in and no Luis Enrique yet? For shame!

Comment

And Nicolas Burdisso (with arms pinned at his side) has his beak broken by the coward David Navarro, sparking the Battle of the Mestalla:

Comment

Comment

Alderman Barnes wrote: I've never really noticed it before, but old Katsche looks like he could be Schweinsteigers's dad there.
                                        I've been accused - yes, I think 'accused' is the right word - by two different people of looking like Schweinsteiger's big brother. Which means you've just accused me of looking like Katsche Schwarzenbeck.

Last weekend, I was accused of looking like this bloke, who is almost definitely another of Schweinsteiger's blood relatives:

Comment

treibeis wrote: I've been accused - yes, I think 'accused' is the right word - by two different people of looking like Schweinsteiger's big brother.
                                          But do you mean not-untalented-but-lazy ex-Hachinger Tobi Schweinsteiger? He's not a bad-looking chap.

I was once accused by a drunken Bavarian of looking like former Bayern striker Roy Makaay. Which I wasn't happy about at all.

Comment

treibeis wrote: Not sure whether it was ever broken, but it always looked like it had been:

I had no idea Adrian Chiles had played in the Bundesliga.

Comment

Stumpy Pepys wrote:
                                              Originally posted by treibeis
                                              I've been accused - yes, I think 'accused' is the right word - by two different people of looking like Schweinsteiger's big brother.
                                              But do you mean not-untalented-but-lazy ex-Hachinger Tobi Schweinsteiger? He's not a bad-looking chap.

[IMG] size=200]http://www.innsalzach24.de/bilder/2011/02/07/1112618/1226845752-tobias-schweinsteiger-g77aNPOLa09.jpg[/IMG]

I was once accused by a drunken Bavarian of looking like former Bayern striker Roy Makaay. Which I wasn't happy about at all.
                                              I've been accused by two different drunk chaps of looking like both Rio Ferdinand and Juan Verón just because I used to have short hair back then. No, I don't look like either and no, I'm not black.

Comment

Stumpy Pepys wrote: I was once accused by a drunken Bavarian of looking like former Bayern striker Roy Makaay. Which I wasn't happy about at all.
                                                That's marginally better than being accused of sounding like Roy Makaay.

Hang on: You look like Roy Makaay. Roy Makaay looks like Luis Suárez.

Do you look like Luis Suárez?

Comment

treibeis wrote: Hang on: You look like Roy Makaay. Roy Makaay looks like Luis Suárez.

Do you look like Luis Suárez?
                                                  The majority opinion is that I look like Adam Sandler.

I don't look as gormless as Roy Makaay and I don't look like Luis Suarez.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X