Semi-detached from reality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talking of poor finishers, Rae and Odejayi have both given their teams 1-0 leads.

Comment

Are Cardiff going to be rubbish tonight

Yes, they were. Not quite as clueless as their opponents, however.

Comment

I thought we were OK for the hour, then just ran out of puff, it was peculiar to see a bit of squad rotation given that ours is very small.

That Danny Haynes is a very objectionable little boy, isn't he?

Comment

Chant of the season at Vicarage Road last night. With Barnsley up by three goals and ten minutes left, the home crowd began to stream out...

We can see your
          We can see your
          We can see your Watford Gaps.

(Please don't tell me it's been done before.)

Comment

That Danny Haynes is a very objectionable little boy, isn't he?

He certainly can be, and I was disappointed to see him ranting away at the linesman over some innocuous thing last night.

I bet you're devastated you don't have Lee any more after his "contribution", which I'd say was slightly less effective than mine.

I thought Ramsey was fabulous. He was taking the piss out of our midfield from the first minute.

Comment

Hot Orangey Thing wrote:
              [quote]

He certainly can be, and I was disappointed to see him ranting away at the linesman over some innocuous thing last night.
              Was that the same incident where he literally kicked Ledley off the pitch and then screamed in his face posturing with his arms flexed despite Ledley having to have treatment as a result of the foul?

I bet you're devastated you don't have Lee any more after his "contribution", which I'd say was slightly less effective than mine.
              He actually looks a lot fitter than when he was with us but his impersonation of a forward is even worse. We did replace him with the equally pathetic Steve Thompson, mind. Talk quietly though, or GO will hear.

I thought Ramsey was fabulous. He was taking the piss out of our midfield from the first minute.
              Yes, he's special isn't he? I am getting increasingly desperate for him to start in the Cup Final as it could well be his last game for us and he could be a slim chance of causing a shock. He'll be the youngest ever Finalist if he plays too.

Comment

Was that the same incident where he literally kicked Ledley off the pitch and then screamed in his face posturing with his arms flexed despite Ledley having to have treatment as a result of the foul?
                I think it was, yes. Certainly the arm-flexing rings a bell.

By contrast, he seemed to take the decision to rule out his last-minute goal fairly calmly. Perhaps he had actually seen Miller kick Whittingham up the arse.

Comment

Yes, I am surprised the decision was deemed at all "controversial" by anyone, it was a real Mark Hughes of an arse-kicking and you could see Whittingham propelled in to the air from our far corner.

Comment

I didn't notice it at the time but have no complaints after seeing it on the telly. I think Miller may have been attempting to make contact with the ball rather than Whittingham, but even so. It would have been as close as he'd got to it all night...

Good luck at Wembley, by the way. I hope you noticed that there was a polite round of applause from our lot when the PA mentioned your semi-final success. Not as much as I'd hoped but the PA sounded a bit ropey last night and I don't know if everyone would have heard. I had hoped we might win and then sing "2-0 in your Cup Final" or something. But we didn't.

Comment

Yes, the applause was commented on by many actually. It seems strange that quite a lot of people seem to want us to do well, I suppose a lot of it is anti-Premiership feeling but I am more than happy to milk it.

Comment

a guy on a barnsley board swears he took this pic on sunday

Comment

Not only are the hamburgers a rip off, they're not even cooked properly!

No wonder Rick Wakeman looks stunned.

Comment

I can only wish that our fans were so fashionable

Comment

Actually, there are genuinely three 1927 club members that look like people in that photo

Comment

yeah, looks right to me

Comment

bored.

i have got Mr K (obvious) and RH. struggling for the third

Comment

Can we talk about Swansea's marvellous weekend now please?
                                    All this getting lucky in the lottery of a cup competition is getting a little tiresome.

Comment

well done for yesterday. looking forward to a decent derby next year

Comment

Not half mate.
                                        Would it be fair to say that we might be the two best footballing teams in the division?

Comment

Working...
                                        X