Matchgoing weekend thread, 16-19 Jan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of you may have gone to a game tonight of course, I believe there are a couple.

Me, I am off to the Meadow of Kings tomorrow to see what's likely to be my only double of the season. That is, I went to Carlisle away too.

New boys David Connolly and Alfie Potter may well feature.

Where you off?

Southport v Chester tomorrow. Hopefully a better performance than the game at their place when we lost 2-0 to a rather poor Chester side. Quite possibly the nadir of Martin Foyle's brief reign of error.

Comment

Any exciting transfer window business to look out for?

Comment

I reckon frost and ice may do for a raft of games tomorrow.

Home Park for to see one of my more disliked teams, Luton. Rumour has it they've sold over 600 tickets so for once we may get a bit of atmosphere.

Comment

The big east Devon derby; Seaton Town v Beer Albion.

A double whammy of being able to go to a game by 1/3 scale miniature tramway, and also visit the permanent exhibition of the uk's leading supplier of model railway track at Pecorama.

Comment

Wimbledon v Carlisle. Tubbs has gone, a pity but always seemed likely to happen. Connolly comes in to replace him, it will be interesting to see how that works out.

Comment

Brighton v Brentford. Hughton's first home game, should be fun.

Comment

Oooh

I've yet to see a game at the Amex.

Comment

Well worth a visit, TonTon. Especially now we might provide some entertainment.

Comment

My football watching and worrying for the weekend is already done, in front of the office telly, watching an occasionally erratic and mostly hard-earned 2-2 draw at Deepdale. Pain in the arse though it was that this game was shifted to a Friday night for Sky (depriving me of a live-watching fix), it's kind of nice to not have any football angst now for the rest of the weekend.

Comment

Rossvale v Musselburgh Athletic, Scottish Junior Cup last 32.

It's on a 3g pitch but for some reason I'm still worried about it being on.

Comment

Went to Friday Night's big Reading Senior Cup 2nd round tie between Binfield and Bracknell Town. It finished 5-0 to the hosts. That's Bracknell out of all seven of the cup competitions they entered at the first hurdle. Odd thing is, they're doing OK in the league. Just rubbish in the cups.

It was cold. Damn cold. Great crowd, about 200+, for this B3018 derby though.

Comment

Are Reading Town still around?

Comment

Planned for a trip to prenton park for Tranmere v Accrington, but I'm deterred by this frost & ice.
                            I know, lightweight.

Comment

Shrewsbury vs Hartlepool. Salop haven't scored in three games and 'Pool, who appear to be improving, won last week.

I've leave you all to guess the outcome.

Comment

Spurs v Sunderland today.

Are we going to back to our WHL torpor or carry on providing some attacking footy.

Good luck to Chrissy Houghton at Brighton.

Comment

Eredivisie starts again this weekend after the winter break. Off to watch PEC Zwolle v NAC Breda this evening.

Comment

TonTon wrote: Are Reading Town still around?
                                    Yes. Though they've been usurped as the town's second team by Highmoor Ibis who play at a ground that not only has an Athletics track, but also a cycle track around the pitch. It's not the best place to watch football.

Comment

Bloody hell, you're not wrong there ;

Ah, it's actually the original Reading Velodrome, one of the oldest in the country I think. I would have loved to have gone to this;

"In 1962 the "Reading Chronicle" hatched the idea of mixing different sports into one meeting and on a blazing hot June night that year Palmer Park's biggest ever crowd watched athletics, cycling and professional five a side football"

They should get Reading Racers Speedway in there too.

Comment

TonTon wrote: Any exciting transfer window business to look out for?
                                        Wrexham signed (yet another) forward. He's called Luke Waterfall.

I don't know if he's any good but he's probably enabled the sort of bellends who think setting football chants to the Stone Roses is possible/a good idea so I'm against him already.

Comment

SouthdownRebel wrote: Well worth a visit, TonTon. Especially now we might provide some entertainment.
                                          It's the sort of new-build stadium that makes you think new-build stadiums aren't such a terrible idea after all.

Of course they are, though.

Comment

Wealdstone v Chelmsford City for me. It looks bloody cold out there...

Comment

Donny v Barnsley

I'm expecting trundling mid table football and songs about caravans. *sigh*

Comment

TonTon wrote:
                                                Me, I am off to the Meadow of Kings tomorrow to see what's likely to be my only double of the season. That is, I went to Carlisle away too.
                                                So much for that - I'm crying off from illness. Sitting outside all afternoon would be a stupid idea.

Comment

I'm going to Colchester v Walsall. Hopefully there will be some goals.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X