Matchgoing weekend thread, 16-19 Jan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was at WHL on Saturday. I think we'll stop up but fuck me we bring nowt to the party as they say. If it wasnt for the catching up with old mates I wouldnt bother me arse into going again.

Whatever happened to the linesperson that Gray & Keyes insulted? The PL couldve done with her on Saturday.

Comment

Gangster Octopus wrote: san2sboro and Fussbudget are dead to me. S Club 7 indeed. It's a Bee-Gees song!
      I'll tell you what's a tragedy : people who can't tell the difference between S Club 7 and Steps. Tut tut.

Comment

Fun and games at Goodison. Everton get a penalty late in the first half, Mirallas goes to get the ball and refuses to give it to Baines despite being told to by at least three players. Mirallas takes the penalty, fails to even get it on target and consequently has been subbed at half time.

Comment

Kryvbas Gripper Rih wrote: Hamish! Dougal! - I'd like to know more about Hull United. Had never heard of them until last week when they appointed Woodhouse. And they get 500+ attend.

Is it some sort of protest club against the whole Allam thing at Hull City?

Back on topic, though not strictly as it is midweek now, but I'm off to Mansfield v Stoke in the FA Youth Cup later. Kick-off time 7pm, which I presume is to do with the fact that it is possible that schoolboys (ie 15/16 year olds) could be playing. Is that it?
          It's not a protest club as such, it's borne out of a merger of 2 local amateur sides, and the chairman has himself described it as a 'goodwill club'. Granted, there were a fair few CTWD scarves and badges on display at Saturday's game, but to be fair there's a lot of City fans who'd happily travel anywhere to see Ian Ashbee, such is his legendary standing among our number.

They've got a website, Facebook page and Twitter feed, plus you can always follow Curtis Woodhouse's entertaining Twitter feed as well for more info.

Comment

Ah, I meant the Everton comments for the Armchair thread.

Comment

If we can stretch this to midweek matches, I'm off to Clapton v Ilford tonight.

Unfortunately, as mentioned in the Clapton thread some Toytown fascist group are continuing threats to disrupt their games:

@pienmashsquad
              Various groups on route to Clapton fc who are at home to @Ilfordfcfoxes tonight. Protest to take place regarding use of political flags #5w

Comment

Working...
              X