Return of the Kun - weekend football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, technically he played a quarter of last week's game, but his first start of 2015 makes it more probable that Aguero will score against Arsenal on Sunday. No real relegation six-pointer, bar Burnley v Palace, perhaps.

The fact that Manchester City are playing Arsenal this week makes it more probable that he will score against Arsenal, surely?

Comment

Is everyone doing their (free) Super 6 prediction on the Sky website before tomorrow's games? Last week the £250,000 first prize was won for the first time in about 6 months ... and shared by 55 different winners.

Comment

It is potentially make or break for Stuart Pearce on TV tomorrow. I'm praying he goes back to the 4-2-3-1 we used well early in the season. All this faffing around with 3 at the back and such is doing my head in, and not giving the side any consistency in formation. Last year our injury ravaged side lost 5-0, so we will struggle to do much worse this time around. Recent injuries to Britt and Fryatt hasn't helped, and Reid is still not being back from the reverse fixture (where we also lost Chris Cohen for a year to a knee injury, for the second time against Derby).

Comment

Louis Van Gaal loses temper with journalist

that's the headline. I must admit, I was a little disappointed by the actual video. I had been lead to believe that he was a volcanic madman. I can see why he's bored or pissed off by the focus on falcao. Falcao is a player with a dodgy knee, having to adapt to a much more physical league than he is used to, and played 5 games in 15 days. He was left out of the squad for one game, and somehow it is a big story.

sure mendes said he might move to another club in the summer, but is that a surprise to anyone? does he look like the sort of player that united should spend £40 million on to sign permanently? (no rogin, that's not an invitation for a contribution on your part)

Comment

Is that "losing your temper"?
            It almost makes me nostalgic for the Glasgow weddings that Ferguson used to reference

Comment

Military alert - Bolton are wearing a green third kit to support some soldier's charity. While I was looking this up in more detail they've gone and bloody well scored as well. FFS.

Comment

Forest won. I'm as surprised as anybody.

Comment

longeared wrote: Military alert - Bolton are wearing a green third kit to support some soldier's charity. While I was looking this up in more detail they've gone and bloody well scored as well. FFS.
                  Jesus, I can't imagine Lennon was too happy about that.

Falcao, back in the Man Utd line-up, has apparently missed a decent chance at Loftus Road.

Comment

Borini scores for Liverpool at Villa Park, helped by some appalling defending.

Not looking good for Lambo, though in truth it is a long time since things were looking good for Lambo.

Comment

Borini scores for Liverpool.

No, really.

Comment

Nice job, Swansea.

Comment

Phil Jones is taking all the corners for Man Utd. Seriously, what the fuck.

Comment

Fellaini puts United ahead with what sounds like a brilliant goal.

Comment

Phew.

Comment

Lambert with a second.

No, really.

Comment

United have apparently been quite good since they junked the 3-5-2. I wonder how stubbornly van Gaal is prepared to cling to three at the back, in the face of a Mount Everest of evidence that it doesn't suit his players whatsoever.

Comment

Incredible comeback by Palace, coming back from 2-0 down to lead 3-2 wirh a couple of minutes left.

Comment

I hate Saturdays where Man Utd and Spurs win.

Comment

Green Calxwrote:

United have apparently been quite good since they junked the 3-5-2.
                                        At half-time, you mean? They started with a back three of Jones, Evans and Rojo and apparently went in 0-0 at half time to their own fans chanting "4-4-2"...

Comment

I hate Saturdays where Man Utd and Spurs win.
                                          You can at least take some comfort from the perfectly-good third goal we had disallowed in stoppage time.

Or you could, y'know, celebrate your own team's victory?

Comment

Where's the fun in that?

Comment

'Fun'? No idea - but then a couple of weeks ago some might've settled for 'novelty'.

Comment

Come on Saints you useless bastards.

Comment

Your prayers, answered.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X