X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jah Womble
    replied
    Return of the Kun - weekend football

I mean look at today, they've gone away to a team run by an oligarch and won impressively, playing a different style of football to usual, with barely a murmur of comment.
    Besides that from yours truly, oddly...

Leave a comment:

• The Awesome Berbaslug!!!
    replied

well that depends on how much you know about walmart or alisher usmanov.

Leave a comment:

• DCI Harry Batt
    replied

The Awesome Berbaslug!!! wrote: Well Kroenke isn't really allowed to put money into the team, and he can't even pay off arsenal's stadium debts as to do so would cost the full whack (I sometimes wonder who the fuck negotiated all the deals surrounding the emirates) but I suppose the point is that they're not exactly a cuddly co-operative.
    Indeed not. But this dwarf is a good bit taller than some others.

Leave a comment:

replied

TonTon wrote: Who is Daddy Warbucks?
    he's the billionaire industrialist arms manufacturer who has his heart melted in Annie, and turns to being a fountain of good and generosity.

Leave a comment:

replied

Well Kroenke isn't really allowed to put money into the team, and he can't even pay off arsenal's stadium debts as to do so would cost the full whack (I sometimes wonder who the fuck negotiated all the deals surrounding the emirates) but I suppose the point is that they're not exactly a cuddly co-operative.

fair dues to them yesterday, unfortunately I slept through most of the match. That midfield of the two fernando's, milner and navas seemed to be lacking a certain something when it came to using the ball.

Leave a comment:

• Cesar Rodriguez
    replied

The more you really reflect on it the more it becomes apparent that professional football really is an appalling waste of human endeavour.

The amount of time, effort, energy and resources that are squandered and diverted toward something that is at best a distraction. Imagine if people cared half as much about issues that really affect their lives as they cared about their favourite football team.

Leave a comment:

• DCI Harry Batt
    replied

Who is Daddy Warbucks?

Leave a comment:

• Nefertiti2
    replied

The Awesome Berbaslug!!! wrote: arsenal are majority owned by Stan Kroenke, whose primary source of wealth is being married to Fucking Walmart, and their minority stakeholder is the richest, scummiest oligarch in russia. He makes roman abramovich look like daddy warbucks.
    All true. However Kroenke doesn't put money into the team, and Usmanov is unwelcome- previous majority Shareholder Danny Fiszman sold his shares to Kroenke on his deathbed to prevent Usmanov having any chance of owning the club.

Leave a comment:

replied

arsenal are majority owned by Stan kroenke, whose primary source of wealth is being married to Fucking Walmart, and their minority stakeholder is the richest, scummiest oligarch in russia. He makes roman abramovich look like daddy warbucks.

Leave a comment:

• Janik
    replied

TonTon wrote: They aren't saints or owt. But they are the least awful of the potentials, that's all.
    He speaks for me.

Leave a comment:

• DCI Harry Batt
    replied

It's a fair cop

(Actually, I do love the French, but they are a bit racist)

Leave a comment:

• EIM
    replied

Yeah, but he's French and you LOVE the French. You'd love Marine Le Pen if it turned out she was French.

Leave a comment:

• DCI Harry Batt
    replied

And I LOVE Wenger. He RAWKS.

Leave a comment:

• DCI Harry Batt
    replied

They aren't saints or owt. But they are the least awful of the potentials, that's all.

Leave a comment:

• EIM
    replied

They're baddies, man. Real baddies. Not obvious baddies, like City or Chelsea, but the sort of posh-sounding baddy that you think is a baddy but can't prove until the end of the film when it becomes clear all the bad things they've done.

Leave a comment:

• Seven Saxon Kings
    replied

TonTon wrote: 91.

Are Arsenal really unpopular on here?
    That's certainly my perception.

I mean look at today, they've gone away to a team run by an oligarch and won impressively, playing a different style of football to usual, with barely a murmur of comment.

Leave a comment:

• Wouter D
    replied

So Solidarnosc Crew wrote: Just found out that for all the billions City have invested in the team, the facilities and East Central Manchester (there are now 4 leisure centres for every one child in Beswick) the beer they sell to their fans is Foster's. That's the contempt the Sheikh holds the great unwashed in. Foster's. Unreal.
    The Sheikh still allows the fans to drink beer? They should consider themselves lucky. The F1 drivers in Abu Dhabi have to celebrate their victory with some concoction of carbonated rose water, pomegranate juice and trinj.

Leave a comment:

• DCI Harry Batt
    replied

Are Arsenal really unpopular on here?

Leave a comment:

• Seven Saxon Kings
    replied

TonTon wrote: Well, they aren't Chelsea, they aren't City and they aren't United.
    Quite, and yet of the 92 only MK Dons are less popular on OTF.

Leave a comment:

• Jah Womble
    replied

Well, they aren't Chelsea, they aren't City and they aren't United.
    No, but they 'are' Arsenal.

Leave a comment:

• Outside Agent
    replied

Mike Dean awarding Arsenal a penalty in a game against a top four side? Some people round here must be horribly confused this evening.

After they were beaten by Stoke back in December, I had a sizeable bet on Arsenal finishing third. Price was high, as you could imagine, so I decided to avail. They always get back in the top four, but the collection of sides challenging for the CL spots this year are weaker than in recent years, and I don't think Arsenal have regressed so much. They're certainly nowhere as bad as they've been made out to be lately.

Leave a comment:

• DCI Harry Batt
    replied

Well, they aren't Chelsea, they aren't City and they aren't United.

Leave a comment:

• Jah Womble
    replied

The only vaguely acceptable and vaguely possible winners of the Premiership these days are the Arse.
    Shurely shome mishtake.

Have to admit, however, that they saw off Man City impressively.

Thereby handing the title to the Chelsk.

Sigh.

Leave a comment:

• DCI Harry Batt
    replied

Vaguely. Generally. Not making a claim for this season or owt.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied

TonTon wrote: The only vaguely acceptable and vaguely possible winners of the Premiership these days are the Arse.
    They are "possible winners of the Premiership"?!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X