Return of the Kun - weekend football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

arsenal are majority owned by Stan kroenke, whose primary source of wealth is being married to Fucking Walmart, and their minority stakeholder is the richest, scummiest oligarch in russia. He makes roman abramovich look like daddy warbucks.

Comment

The Awesome Berbaslug!!! wrote: arsenal are majority owned by Stan Kroenke, whose primary source of wealth is being married to Fucking Walmart, and their minority stakeholder is the richest, scummiest oligarch in russia. He makes roman abramovich look like daddy warbucks.
      All true. However Kroenke doesn't put money into the team, and Usmanov is unwelcome- previous majority Shareholder Danny Fiszman sold his shares to Kroenke on his deathbed to prevent Usmanov having any chance of owning the club.

Comment

Who is Daddy Warbucks?

Comment

The more you really reflect on it the more it becomes apparent that professional football really is an appalling waste of human endeavour.

The amount of time, effort, energy and resources that are squandered and diverted toward something that is at best a distraction. Imagine if people cared half as much about issues that really affect their lives as they cared about their favourite football team.

Comment

Well Kroenke isn't really allowed to put money into the team, and he can't even pay off arsenal's stadium debts as to do so would cost the full whack (I sometimes wonder who the fuck negotiated all the deals surrounding the emirates) but I suppose the point is that they're not exactly a cuddly co-operative.

fair dues to them yesterday, unfortunately I slept through most of the match. That midfield of the two fernando's, milner and navas seemed to be lacking a certain something when it came to using the ball.

Comment

TonTon wrote: Who is Daddy Warbucks?
              he's the billionaire industrialist arms manufacturer who has his heart melted in Annie, and turns to being a fountain of good and generosity.

Comment

The Awesome Berbaslug!!! wrote: Well Kroenke isn't really allowed to put money into the team, and he can't even pay off arsenal's stadium debts as to do so would cost the full whack (I sometimes wonder who the fuck negotiated all the deals surrounding the emirates) but I suppose the point is that they're not exactly a cuddly co-operative.
                Indeed not. But this dwarf is a good bit taller than some others.

Comment

well that depends on how much you know about walmart or alisher usmanov.

Comment

I mean look at today, they've gone away to a team run by an oligarch and won impressively, playing a different style of football to usual, with barely a murmur of comment.
                    Besides that from yours truly, oddly...

Comment

Working...
                    X