Copa America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copa America

As I'm 50 this year and as a visit to the World Cup last year confirmed how fucking brilliant South America can be, I've decided to take a week off to go to the Copa America in Chile this summer.

I do need some feedback or suggestions from the knowledgeable people on here though. As i can only wangle a week away In such a huge country I''m limiting myself to one area so it'll have to be Santiago with a possible combination of Valparaiso, Viņa del Mar and Rancagua.

Should i go for some group matches, quarter finals or only aim for a semi and final in Santiago?

Schedule here: http://www.ca2015.com/en/schedule#fndtn-fullcalendar
    Tickets go on general sale on Friday so any advice would help.

Copa America

jv knows Chile, doesn't he?

I'd try to get out of Santiago, but I've never been.

Comment

Copa America

JV had advice about this very subject in this earlier thread:

http://www.wsc.co.uk/forum-index/28-world/946146-going-to-copa-america-2015#947481

Comment

Copa America

Thanks and apologies - the drawback of being an infrequent visitor on here these days. Have got a contact in Santiago so being alone there won't be an issue. Benefits of doing the semi & final include having more free time to visit or revisit other places. The benefits of looking outside the capital include more variety of course. As long as i get to see one Chile match i'll be delighted.

Comment

Copa America

CHI CHI CHI!

Comment

Copa America

I have not been to South America yet (will check out JV's thread) but I heard from multiple folks that Santiago is an amazing city. Although the country is long, it's not as wide as others, so my sense is that the trip from Santiago to other cities is do-able. If you're an urban guy, park yourself there and do day trips to other cities. If you want the beach then you might opt for a different home base and maybe take a day trip to Santiago for a match.

Comment

Working...
            X