Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I didn't make a game this weekend - did you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We were up at Stevenage. Terrible place, I went once, not again, thanks.

Neal Ardley thinks we deserved something out of the game. But we scored fewer goals than they, so I say we didn't.

Did you get to a game?

FC United v Chorley. Same day as Leeds up in Bolton. Well, it was never going to work, was it?

Didn't go. Still not feeling love for the club. Sounds like I was lucky to miss out, even if the game was a 3-3 belter.

Comment

Why were you lucky?

Comment

Leeds turning up to our pub, our fans hitting our fans, rent-a-thug security hitting our fans in the ground, someone dressed as the Honey Monster, a new song nicked from St Pauli which is fucking terrible, plus Chorley's a shithole.

Comment

someone dressed as the Honey Monster
          That has to be put a stop to.

Comment

That's certainly the one I'm most upset about.

Speaking of adults in furry yellow costumes who should know better, I saw Haydon the Womble's dignified Hillsborough memorial. Touching.

Comment

Friday, Leamington 1-2 Birmingham City in the Birmingham Senior Cup. Saturday, Banbury United 1-1 Frome Town in the Southern League and just back from Banbury United Ladies 2-0 Southampton Women. Exciting stuff.

Comment

So Solidarnosc Crew wrote: Speaking of adults in furry yellow costumes who should know better, I saw Haydon the Womble's dignified Hillsborough memorial. Touching.
                No complaints from any Liverpool, though. They thought we were great, as far as I could tell.

Comment

I didn't get Game in, but not for want of trying with a series of fuck ups on my part.

An hour long bus ride from Bath to Midsomer Norton found that I had mis read the Western League fixtures and they (Welton Rovers) were in fact away at Devizes.

Plan revised with another trip across the North Somerset coalfield to Longwell Green Sports whos game was confirmed as on. Except when I arrived at the ground I had always thought was Longwell Green, it was infact Hengrove who were away at Corsham.

Final plan was to walk to Brislington for the second half of their game against Buckland. However I arrived only to find that the game was called off at 0815 that morning due to a waterlogged pitch.

I gave up on finding a game and got the X39 back to Bath where I bought my own body weight in cheese from the indoor market, and went home and watched How Green Was My Valley.

Being a week ahead with the Western League fixtures also meant that the game I'd watched the previous Saturday, which I thought was Westbury United v Chippenham Park, was in fact a reserve team game in the Trowbridge Saturday league.

Comment

Merlin the happy pig wrote: Friday, Leamington 1-2 Birmingham City in the Birmingham Senior Cup. Saturday, Banbury United 1-1 Frome Town in the Southern League and just back from Banbury United Ladies 2-0 Southampton Women. Exciting stuff.
                    That is a LOT of football.

Comment

went home and watched How Green Was My Valley
                      Any good?

Comment

TonTon wrote:
                        Originally posted by So Solidarnosc Crew
                        Speaking of adults in furry yellow costumes who should know better, I saw Haydon the Womble's dignified Hillsborough memorial. Touching.
                        No complaints from any Liverpool, though. They thought we were great, as far as I could tell.
                        Well it's just a good job none of them read their spam emails, innit.

Comment

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Comment

I made a game yesterday, taking advantage of now having more Saturdays off work. I had a nice drink with good friends. It had that to recommend it, and nothing else.

Comment

E10 Rifle wrote: I made a game yesterday, taking advantage of now having more Saturdays off work. I had a nice drink with good friends. It had that to recommend it, and nothing else.
                              That's all there is most of the time, isn't there?

Comment

Wealdstone v Bath City in the second round of the Trophy as part of a 1927 Club outing. The visitors scored after 90 seconds, were 1-3 up at half time and despite how hard the home side toiled in the second half that didn't change.

Excellent game, first half especially, and afternoon in one of my favourite London non-league grounds. Had the outing not been pre-arranged (and become even more germane with recent events at Tan United) I probably would have gone to Stevenage so I may have dodged a bullet.

Comment

When oh when is Big Boobs and FIRE! going to write the book that clearly pulses within him?

Comment

What is 1927 club?

Comment

Middle class hooligan firm.

Comment

Pretty much, yeah.

Comment

London Cardiff fan organisation - full of RDF boycotters and a fine bunch of people in general

Comment

Nice.

Comment

I attended a north Bucks derby in the (deep breath) Berks & Bucks FA Intermediate Cup 4th round. 40 or so souls were in attendance at the Recreation Ground, Bradville, to watch good triumph over evil as New Bradwell St Peter biffed Buckingham Town 4-1.

Seeing as the Peters play in the Spartan South Midlands League Division 2 (i.e. Step 7) and Buckingham play in the United Counties League Division 1 (i.e. Step 6), on paper it was a giantkilling. But New Bradwell are having a good season and Buckingham are struggling to the extent that one of the home fans was heard to say that the visitors looked "not as good as Pitstone & Ivinghoe". That's gotta hurt.

Comment

Went to Chelsea V Newcastle. Standard fare.

Rémy Cabella is a terrific little player. Gave us a lot of problems in the first half.

Diego Costa ruled the second period, though. You need to see him live and up close to really appreciate his work-rate and speed of movement.

So, Stamford Bridge, a Chelsea win and then a few drinks in what must be one of London's poshest pubs, the Anglesea Arms, just to top off what, for TonTon, would have been his nightmare day.

Comment

Are you up that way, then, Furtho?

Spot on, NS, that sounds like hell. At least it wasn't a pub full of Chelsea fans in Wimbledon town centre, though.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X