Clear All

What Brentford stewards think are dangerous

October 2013: Lynx pit spray.
    January 2015: A jar of jam.

Which variety of jam?

Comment

What type of jar? Seriously? If that's a glass jam jar you might as well bring a fucking half-brick in. You could easily kill a linesman with that.

Comment

Were there seeds? I don't like seeds. They get stuck in my teeth. Did you ask if peanut butter would have been ok if it was smooth?

Comment

Rogin the Armchair Fan wrote: What type of jar? Seriously? If that's a glass jam jar you might as well bring a fucking half-brick in. You could easily kill a linesman with that.
          And the lynx spray can easily be turned into a flame thrower if used improperly. I can only suggest using a roll on deoderant when visiting that particular part of West London.

Comment

san2sboro wrote: Were there seeds? I don't like seeds. They get stuck in my teeth. Did you ask if peanut butter would have been ok if it was smooth?
            right out of the question. allergy risk.

any lino getting smeared with that stuff could go into anaphylactic shock.

Comment

lynx spray can easily be turned into a flame thrower
              Handy if there's a wasp in your bedroom at two in the morning.

Actually, GO, you should have told him it was a preserve.

Anyway, did you get it back? Was the seal broken?

Comment

Good lord, man, have you no common sense at all? If you go there packing anything but honey then quite frankly you were asking for it.

Comment

Hang on, who did the Lynx belong to?

Comment

Honey for the Bees presumably?

Comment

I understand that there was a fracas in the away end at Griffin Park just last week actually - This may have been the cause of the stewards change in policy.

Reports suggested that one of our fans who was in the upper tier of the away end dropped their flask into the throbbing pleb pit below.

The Thermos, being a pressurised container, exploded on impact showering a bunch of herberts from Haywards Heath with insipid tea AND tiny shards of insulating glass.

Think about it, yeah? Leave you jam jars at home.

Comment

Jam jar = car

Why would you want to take a car into the away end at Griffin Park?

Comment

Someone I used to know was so superstitious that she took a lucky food processor to the Hereford-Brighton relegation decider in '97. I think it stayed in the boot of the car rather than being taken into the ground though.

GO tetchiness is obviously due to Rotherham's visit receiving the dubious honour of being this season's pay-what-you-can game. Well, that and the obvious.

Comment

Did you ask if peanut butter would have been ok if it was smooth?
                            How could that shit ever be ok? Smooth peanut butter. Fuck off.

Comment

TOP TIP: Smooth peanut butter is much easier to hide in the food of nut allergy sufferers.

Comment

Paul S wrote: Jam jar = car

Why would you want to take a car into the away end at Griffin Park?
                                Never mind that. Who takes deodorant and jam to a match?

Comment

So you like smelly jam, do you?

Comment

On a related note, I was at the New York Stadium yesterday afternoon for the beer festival. Thanks to a mishap in the kitchen, Rotherham United FC got to properly test out their evacuation procedure for the first time.

Fair to say it could have gone better. Not padlocking the fire doors would be a good start.

Comment

Sean of the Shed wrote: TOP TIP: Smooth peanut butter is much easier to hide in the food of nut allergy sufferers.
                                      Remind me to never ever eat anything that you prepare. On behalf of fellow sufferers: I hate you.

Comment

Smallcaps wrote:
                                        Originally posted by Sean of the Shed
                                        TOP TIP: Smooth peanut butter is much easier to hide in the food of nut allergy sufferers.
                                        Remind me to never ever eat anything that you prepare. On behalf of fellow sufferers: I hate you.
                                        That includes my young nephew. Just sitting at a table with a bowl of nuts on it can cause a reaction.

Comment

Gangster Octopus wrote: October 2013: Lynx pit spray.
                                          January 2015: A jar of jam.
                                          Richard Dawkins sends solidarity.

Comment

If it's any consolation, I was relieved of a tube of tomato purée at a game last year.

(Not at Griffin Park.)

Comment

Sean of the Shed wrote:
                                              Originally posted by Smallcaps
                                              Originally posted by Sean of the Shed
                                              That includes my young nephew. Just sitting at a table with a bowl of nuts on it can cause a reaction.
                                              I'm confused. Why would you hide smooth peanut butter in the food of your young nephew? How does your family work?

Seriously though, this sounds he has it a lot more severely than I do.

Comment

I thought you were preparing his young nephew to eat.

Comment

Why the fuck are people taking these things to football matches anyway?

Comment

Working...
                                                  X