Countess Markovic has scored a goal!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hank williams wrote: van Gaal is doing no better than Moyes. Same points, less goals, terrible performances.

Only difference is the lack of criticism and how the other big teams are doing.
    The performances are, by and large, noticeably better than last season. Other than the 5-0 against Leverkusen I struggle to remember one really good display in 2013-14.

The league in general is getting worse. Last year those points got you 7th place, this year it gets you CL qualification (so far.)

Van Gaal's big mistake, which is a huge black mark against him, has been to leave the defence more or less unchanged from last season. United will continue to drop points all over the place until Evans, Jones, Smalling and Rafael have all been replaced with people who actually know what they're doing.

Comment

yes, the defence is more or less unchanged. Apart from the departure of ferdinand, vidic, and evra, the arrival of rojo and shaw, and switching to 3 at the back.

I'd be more impressed if he could create a situation where his defenders managed to go three games without picking up a serious injury

The league in general is getting worse. Last year those points got you 7th place, this year it gets you CL qualification (so far.)

what is this supposed to mean? how is a more even distribution of points supposed to imply that the league is getting worse, when it could just as easily be describing a more competitive and stronger league.

also people comparing man utd's points total at this point of the season with last season are a) missing out on where utd started each season, and b) that utd got most of their points last season in the first half of the season.

Comment

All those players were completely finished -- Vidic is now struggling in Serie A, for christ's sake. Ferdinand is about to be let go by QPR. It's not as them leaving has deprived van Gaal of a phalanx of magnificent warriors.

Rojo appears to be shite, so that doesn't strengthen your argument either. The point is, how could van Gaal look at those losers, who have all been in the first team for between four and seven years, and conclude that he could get by with them?

how is a more even distribution of points supposed to imply that the league is getting worse, when it could just as easily be describing a more competitive and stronger league.
        The standard in the top half is certainly worse.

Comment

Somebody kindly inform Robbie Savage that it's the role of a summariser to provide stimulating and detailed insight into teams' tactical shortcomings, and with this in mind it is not acceptable to simply yelp "I can't believe they're just lumping it up to Fellaini!" every three minutes.

Comment

Neville was terrible yesterday on Sky. When Tadic scored: "It's a big moment in the game." A few minutes later: "It's a real test for United now."

This is the guy who's supposed to be the best pundit in England.

Comment

All those players were completely finished -- Vidic is now struggling in Serie A, for christ's sake. Ferdinand is about to be let go by QPR. It's not as them leaving has deprived van Gaal of a phalanx of magnificent warriors.

Rojo appears to be shite, so that doesn't strengthen your argument either. The point is, how could van Gaal look at those losers, who have all been in the first team for between four and seven years, and conclude that he could get by with them?

But you will accept that the defence is not more or less unchanged?

The standard in the top half is certainly worse.

Explain your thinking. Liverpool and everton are worse, but most other teams are better. Arsenal are the same as always, as are spurs. man utd, southampton and west ham are noticeably stronger.

Comment

But you will accept that the defence is not more or less unchanged?
                Other than a new left-back, who has only made about eight starts due to injury, the defence is still made up of people who were there before van Gaal arrived. People who are proven failures.

Comment

hold on. The departure of three players who played an awful lot of games last season, and over the last 8 years is a major change. And since jones, evans and smalling all played relatively few games, how can you say that they were proven failures? Particularly since since they're so heavily laden down with medals.

Comment

Green Calx wrote: Neville was terrible yesterday on Sky. When Tadic scored: "It's a big moment in the game." A few minutes later: "It's a real test for United now."
                    Are you sure you weren't just playing FIFA?

Comment

Haha. He did sound like he was on a tape loop at times.

Berbaslug -- Evans, Smalling et al have a load of medals for the same reason that Roque Junior won everything there is to win and Phil Neal hoovered up a load of medals at Liverpool. They're blatantly inadequate defenders and they can't use the youthfulness excuse any more. Evans is 27 for fuck's sake, yet still he shits himself any time someone puts mild pressure on him.

Comment

Green Calx wrote: Neville was terrible yesterday on Sky. When Tadic scored: "It's a big moment in the game." A few minutes later: "It's a real test for United now."

This is the guy who's supposed to be the best pundit in England.
                        Land of the blind and all that.

Comment

Somebody kindly inform Robbie Savage that it's the role of a summariser to provide stimulating and detailed insight into teams' tactical shortcomings, and with this in mind it is not acceptable to simply yelp "I can't believe they're just lumping it up to Fellaini!" every three minutes.
                          Well, if people will ask Robbie Savage, etc.

Comment

I'm also a twat from Wrexham with crap hair who can talk bollocks for an hour and a half and makes Andy Townsend look insightful - d'you think it's worth me sending off my CV?

Hello by the way.

Comment

Bourbon creams are shite.

Comment

They're the only ones that ever seem to be in the staff room biscuit barrel - probably because they're the cheapest ones in the Iceland next door and we're only allowed so much out the petty cash each day.

Comment

Join a union. Organize. Strike. You deserve better than this.

Comment

Wish I could but I'm only on a placement...

That reminds me - I'm just about to open MS Word and type up a cover letter to BT Sport.
                                    Surely I'd be better than Michael Owen?

Comment

Working...
                                    X