• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Asian Cup 2015

Heads have dropped

Comment

The Asian Cup 2015

Harper blaming ref. Why? I have no fucking idea. Too many silly quick free kicks and giving possession away in last five minutes. Not streetwise enough. Korea deserved the equaliser, but still gutting.

Comment

The Asian Cup 2015

James Troisi restores Australia's lead after some good build-up play - and once again, right on the whistle...

Comment

The Asian Cup 2015

More excellent refereeing ends with Juric producing some magic and Troisi finishing it off.

Australia playing much better in ET so far.

Comment

The Asian Cup 2015

Epic stuff.

Comment

The Asian Cup 2015

Australia win their first major football tournament. Congrats to them.

Comment

The Asian Cup 2015

Fantastic effort. Glad it went to extra time because it would have been burglary to nick it in the 90. South Korea were excellent.

Comment

The Asian Cup 2015

Newman's tosspot tea-party government getting booted in Queensland after having a margin of over 60 seats and Australia win. That'll do for a decent Saturday night.

Comment

The Asian Cup 2015

Jah Womble wrote: Australia win their first major football tournament. Congrats to them.
                    The Oceania cup could have been considered one when both Australia and NZ were involved.

Comment

The Asian Cup 2015

Well, I was thinking more of any tournament they weren't nailed on to win before it had even started.

Comment

The Asian Cup 2015

Well that sounds like it was dramatic. Korea obviously used all their football karma up in one go in 2002.

Comment

The Asian Cup 2015

Not quite sure about the ref being excellent... he gave Robbie Kruse a yellow card for time wasting when he was writhing in agony with a snapped achilles tendon.

Most people had written off this Australia team after a string of defeats in friendlies last year, so it was an unexpected win, really.

Comment

The Asian Cup 2015

Breathless, scintillating stuff. Korea will feel unlucky, having been far better technically, and unleashing an absolute onslaught early on. But their final ball was lacking and that was enough to give Australia some threads to cling onto, which they did.

And when Australia did get an occasional glimpse of goal, they used it. The first goal was out of nowhere, totally against the run. But when SK equalised just on normal time and heads were dropping I thought it was curtains.

But Postacoglu must have got them fired up again, and I think Australia were marginally less exhausted as extra time wore on. Somehow when Juric was on his arse, back to goal, and still holding onto the ball I knew there was about to be a goal, it was one of those moments. But it remained tense all the way home.

Postacoglu wants his team to play a flowing, passing game, but last night what was needed was 120 minutes backs-to-the-wall and they delivered. "A shame there had to be a loser" is a cliche but here it was true. I felt especially sorry for the Korean right back Cha Du-Ri, 34, who was a force of nature down the flank in his last international.

Wow.

Comment

The Asian Cup 2015

Maybe Ange P. repeated Alf Ramsay's epic words of inspiration in the break before extra time started: "You've won it once; now go out and win it again"!

Loved the way Sepp Blatter glared around at the crowd after he was booed- like he was taking note of names..

Comment

The Asian Cup 2015

A fantastically tense final which was riveting viewing all the way to the end, despite the one-sided comments from Andy Harper throughout.

Did anyone else notice the first 10mins had a different commentary team? I know it's the norm on Radio 5 Live to switch commentators halfway through each half, so can we expect more of this from the TV companies now? Maybe we should have a live vote to get rid of the crap ones; "Taxi for Harper!"

Comment

The Asian Cup 2015

Korea obviously used all their football karma up in one go in 2002.
                                  In their own country, 'twas ever going to be thus.

Comment

The Asian Cup 2015

Japan have sacked Aguirre.

Comment

Working...
                                    X