No announcement yet.

The Wimbledon/Kingsmeadow shambles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I'd agree that there were some suggestions of different approaches which might lead to a more palatable outcome. It didn't lift the overwhelming mood of the night for me, though I've been so busy the rest of the week I haven't had a chance to really catch up with any further developments.

Comment

Wimbledon reach agreement on the next phase of development.

Comment

So the Dons Trust has launched The Plough Lane Bond - choose your interest rate from 0% to 4% and your term, 5 10 or 20 years, and the amount you want to lend, from £1,000 up.

Comment

Was pleased to see that email.

Will definitely be doing that (it being significantly less complicated legally for a US person to make this kind of investment in the UK than it is in the reverse direction).

Comment

Excellent news, top man.

Comment

I don’t have that kind of money, but that is a good idea.

Comment

It hit a million in just over a week, which is nice.

The Wimbledon Way blog is running pieces most days on what's happening.

Comment

Now nearing 2. Which is exstrawberry, really.

https://ploughlanebond.com/

Comment

If only they were a bit more competent at international wire transfers . . .

(a valued friend is working on it)

Comment

Sorry for the delay. It all happened in a bit of a rush.

Comment

(rather amusingly, if somewhat frustratingly, it seems the Co-op bank also struggles with transfers from...other Co-op bank accounts)

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                          (rather amusingly, if somewhat frustratingly, it seems the Co-op bank also struggles with transfers from...other Co-op bank accounts)
                          Fixed that

Comment

Well, yes.

Comment

When we moved from Frankfurt to Milan, we went out of way to keep our account with Deutsche, which had been active in Italy for decades and was looking to expand.

It turns out that the German and Italian arms of the bank were more suspicious of and less communicative with each other than they were with virtually any third party financial institution.

Comment

A nice Sky Sports bit from the press launch of the bond yesterday

https://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...ing-initiative

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                                  A nice Sky Sports bit from the press launch of the bond yesterday

https://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...ing-initiative
                                  Are you getting back involved? Feeling the call?

Comment

A bit, yeah.

Comment

That can only be good news for Wimbledon and for football. And for you, I reckon.

Comment

My, what a lovely thing to say. Thank you.

Comment

Stupid Geoblock. A story nobody in Australia will cover but can't watch it because - oh I don't know.

What EIM said TT - football needs good people in it.

Comment

I planned to loan them a few quid but when they emailed back saying, in so many words, I mightn't get it back I became less enthusiastic.

Comment

Originally posted by HORN View Post
                                              I planned to loan them a few quid but when they emailed back saying, in so many words, I mightn't get it back I became less enthusiastic.
                                              At least it's honest of them.

Comment

Lovely that you thought about it. But yeah we aren't a bank (so it's not protected), and it's not secured anyway. Don't lend money you couldn't afford to lose.

Obviously you make your own judgement as to how likely or otherwise that might be - seems pretty unlikely to me, but I haven't lent money that it would kill me to lose.

Comment

Tonight is due to be Wimbledon's last midweek home game at KM. Ipswich. Come a long way since Chipsticks, innit.

Comment

Do you think New Plough Lane will open on time for/prior to next season then?

I was preparing myself for that to be moved back, perhaps only slightly.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X