"The Greatest Cockney Rip Off"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Benjm wrote: bring back the mighty Freetown Kudos (assuming he isn't currently residing in the freezer cabinets at Sainsburys). .
    I met his brother Freetown Gorbachev at this years Tetbury show. I enquired as to the wellbeing of Kudos and apparently he retired to Stranrear about ten years ago.

Comment

Phoenix club advocates have set up a Twitter feed.

Welcome to the official Twitter account of Hereford FC. Any developments regarding Edgar Street and the Phoenix club will be updated here.

Comment

Sounds to me - and I haven't been paying as close attention to this as I probably should have been - as if this is going to end up more like the situation at Chester than at Scarborough, which is good news. The moral of the story is, as ever, that what *really* matters is who owns the ground.

Comment

Well, Hereford Council does, at least for now

Comment

Well, that's bloody good news, at least. Also, MNII, not wishing to be pedantic but what really matters is the supporters and their wish to have a club still. It's what built Wimbledon back up even without a ground. Luckily, Hereford appear to have the fans united and the means of getting the ground.

Comment

Lonsdale is now being linked with unspecified goings-on at Farnborough.

Comment

New Hereford Football Club's Edgar Street lease agreed

Comment

My Name Is Ian wrote: Sounds to me - and I haven't been paying as close attention to this as I probably should have been - as if this is going to end up more like the situation at Chester than at Scarborough, which is good news. The moral of the story is, as ever, that what *really* matters is who owns the ground.
                  More like Halifax than either of them though, because Chester and Scarborough are both mutuals. Hereford isn't.

Missed opportunity really.

Comment

Seems to me that the Trust didn't have the foundations in place to be able to get their act together in time - it's worth remembering that these characters only really got involved recently. Looking at the website, it seems that the plan is for them to acquire a majority shareholding over time, which seems sensible, to me.

Comment

Working...
                    X