Changing Of The Garde - Managerial Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, he's not been sacked yet. But I want to reserve the use of that thread title for when he does eventually go.

Given Newcastle's French connection, I might have went for 'Adieu Pardew'.

Comment

À la recherche du temps Pardew.

Probably been done already.

Comment

Capybara wrote:
        Probably been done already.
        join the queue, sunshine.

it might be the best, most WSC football pun ever. for that reason, and that reason only, pardew needs sacked. that and he's a fucking useless, toxic cunt.

Comment

Papers already linking Steve Bruce with the upcoming vacancy, which he could create himself if we get our customary win at Sid James Park next week.

If Bruce takes the job, our chairman's apologist cult will attempt to ritually disembowel anyone opposed to the name change, as it will be all our fault. Quite.

Comment

speaking of things being fans' fault, after blaming our conceding a late equaliser on the fans clamouring for a fourth (no, really), pardew has been quick to point out how quickly they got on his back yesterday.

also john carver rewarded some of the fans who'd made the journey down to southampton by calling them "fucking cunts", and pretty much telling them to get down to the training ground on monday and say it to their faces. during the warm-up. before we'd been fucked 4-0. i can only hope some gang of big, burly brickfisted morons take him up on it.

meanwhile, ashley has banned even more journalists from the club. this time its the telegraph, who had the temerity to write an article stating what everybody knows, namely that ashley would sell up if anybody showed up with actual money.

nufc really is a dignity-free zone, but all this excitement and masochistic hilarity has fucked my personal boycott right out the window.

Comment

but didn't southampton nearly score in the first couple of seconds, and shouldn't krul have been sent off a couple of minutes later for concussing shane long? I mean it's not like it took a long time to realise that southampton were going to give you a real hiding.

Comment

Pardew one.

Comment

speaking of things being fans' fault, after blaming our conceding a late equaliser on the fans clamouring for a fourth (no, really), pardew has been quick to point out how quickly they got on his back yesterday.

The default mechanism of blaming fans for being shit on the pitch is very popular. They're doing it at West Brom, too, now. Perhaps this apportioning blame on others for not being very good is a trick I should take up. What, my targets are low, I'm unpunctual and I talk too much? Rubbish. My workmates are shit, that's why.

Comment

beak wrote: meanwhile, ashley has banned even more journalists from the club.
                    I've just come across the remarkable statistic that, thus far this season, we've banned more journalists than we've gained points.

Comment

Guardian reader.

I read that on the Metro to Sunderland this morning, and was so struck by it I showed it around the carriage.

Comment

Jonás Gutiérrez gave an interview to Argentine TV channel TyCSports today in which he revealed he's been fighting testicular cancer since the middle of last year. The club let him come to Argentina for treatment, but left it up to him to pay for everything, and in mid-December last year, shortly after he returned, he says Pardew told him he needed to find a new club.

I'm aware Jonás had (has?) some sort of contract dispute with Newcastle, but it doesn't reflect very very well on Pardew, the way he says it. I've been tweeting translations of salient bits of the interview, but if anyone wants to watch it themselves (in Spanish, obviously), it's here. You might need to get a VPN to make the site think you're in Argentina in order for the video to play.

Comment

I think Pardew may have had a drink or two to get him through this week.

Comment

How many managers have left their job since this thread was started? We've had Magath, Solskjaer and Micky Adams today alone. I think James Beattie just preceded it. And yet Pards hangs on, like a cockroach after a nuclear holocaust.

Comment

Papiss Cisse comes back a couple of months early from a broken kneecap to match his tally for the entirety of last season in the space of a 21 minute cameo, ensuring that this horrible dignityphobe stays in a job he has never deserved.

Not read any of his comments but am sure we've done incredibly well to sneak a home draw against Hull, especially with the fans being so beastly. Meanwhile, we remain on five wins this calendar year.

It's a good thing I'm on holiday with me mam, retaining a five day (and counting) drunk, combined with an almost complete lack of internet access.

Why is it always a draw that saves a manager's bacon, and not a rampant victory? Observer bias?

Comment

good day today...feared the worst after last seasons Cardiff game but the crowd concentrated on the team even when offered every opportunity to do otherwise when Hull went 2 up...Cisse showed what a difference having a goalscorer on the pitch does...will be a lot of rewritten headlines as a result of the last 20 minutes...

Comment

Thats Sir Alan Pardew to you lot.

Comment

Well, he's still there.

The unsackable Alan Pardew, folks!

Comment

Managerial departures in English Football since this thread begun:-
                                      Micky Adams (Port Vale)
                                      Ole Gunnar Solskjaer (Cardiff)
                                      Felix Magath (Fulham)
                                      Russell Slade (Orient) - new job in Cardiff, but was under pressure at Orient before Cardiff came sniffing arounf
                                      Oscar Garcia (Watford) - ill health

Comment

Anyone want to guess how many managers will be given the boot during the lifetime of this thread until the axe finally drops on Alan?

We are already on 5, as Janik has noted.

I'm guessing a final tally of 17.

Comment

Ashley's sticking by Pardew is proving very popular.

In Sunderland, Burnley etc etc

Comment

Don't forget the knock-on effects, eg Billy McKinlay giving up the Norn Iron assistantship to take over at Watford.

Comment

“We focused very much this week on the mental side of the game, responses on the pitch and how you respond to the media, because you won’t leave us alone at the moment."

what an arsehole this guy is. bottom of the league, banning journalists left and right, a pissed-up owner threatening his job? nothing to see here!

he should be dragged into the centre circle before the next home game and caned across the soles of his feet.

Comment

Volunteering to wield the stick, beak?

Comment

and i'd pull the bloody lever!

Comment

Working...
                                                  X