Juan Mata and Ander Herrera are bloody lovely

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is it with the Spanish? Cultured, intelligent, handsome, articulate. You have Juan Mata, strolling around the North West, wearing excellent knitwear, listening to whimsical indie-pop, reading - unlike most footballers - books not found in the magazine section of Sainsbury. And now we have Ander Herrera. Little Ander. Herrerey-warey. Aggressive, creative, Spanish. And a midfielder, which is as rare the Red parts of Manchester as an umbrella salesman on Market Street isn't.

A mate and I were having a chat about the nebulous concept of 'getting it' the other day. It was in relation to the two Spanish lads at FC United and how they seem to 'get it' more than most of the local lads. We then moved on to Mata, and how he was the anti-footballer in many ways. Could you imagine Gerrard or Scholes or any of the Coles reading Murakami? Could you fuck.

But this is just the same old man-crush drivel I always spout about United's new number 8. What of Ander Herrera? What of him?

Well this, from an interview in The Guardian: “I still enjoy football. I love football. I love my profession. What I don’t like is cases where owners prioritise their interests over the club’s. Football can’t be solely about profit. Look, no one’s stupid: no one wants to lose money but nor should it be about people getting rich off people’s dreams.”

(http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/aug/15/ander-herrera-athletic-bilbao-manchester-united-sir-bobby-charlton)

Oh you little tease! You cheeky provocateur! When you've been fed a diet of Tom Cleverley and Anderson you don't need Herrera to say stuff like this, but the fact he does, well it melts my heart.

United can finish seventh again this season, but only on the proviso Mata and Herrera continue flirting with me. Maybe come to an FC United away trip with us. I'd be happy with that. That'd do forever, really.

(Course, we'll ruin the pair of them. Or we won't and they'll move back to Spain in a few years time taking a ventricle of mine each with them. But it's better to have loved and broken into their house to smell their pillow as they sleep, and then lost, than to never have smelled their pillow at all/)

they're twats.

Comment

That's the spirit!

Comment

Herrera is getting his badge kissing in early. This shows a distinct lack of confidence.

Comment

Tony C wrote: Herrera is getting his badge kissing in early. This shows a distinct lack of confidence.
          Well the badge just kissed him back. With tongues.

Comment

He's been replaced by Fallaini, rather suggesting the badge has slapped him in the face.

Comment

I think that's the badge saying 'can we just be friends?'

Comment

Comment

The weird thing about them is that they both look about as Spanish as I do.

Herrera looks Belgian, if anything. Mata looks like a Yank preppie Ivy Leaguer.

Comment

George Burnage Shaw wrote:
                    Originally posted by Tony C
                    Herrera is getting his badge kissing in early. This shows a distinct lack of confidence.
                    Well the badge just kissed him back. With tongues.
                    hahahaha.

Comment

I don't know much about these things, but last time I was in Spain, EVERY boy (and by boy I mean young man) had terrible hair. Is this still the case?

Comment

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-forward-mata-makes-10696220#ICID=sharebar_twitter

Wish I was a sick child.

Comment

C'mon, who is going to tell him?

Comment

All the Spanish speaking players have done a bit of that.

Wish you were a disabled boy.

Comment

No one is as good with that sort of thing as Pau Gasol is. There must be something about the Spanish guys.

http://triangleoffense.com/news/pau-gasol-remains-a-great-guy-visits-childrens-hospital-of-los-angeles-while-bulls-are-in-town/

http://nbpa.com/global-gasol-bulls-star-pau-gasol-expands-his-palette-in-philanthropy-and-the-arts/

Comment

Working...
                              X