Everton try to end war of words with Liverpool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He isn't doing that -- he's saying that your mentions of Benitez being "overweight and Spanish" don't have any relevance to what's being discussed.
    And if you read the original post, you'll notice that the "Portly Spaniard" bit was the least relevant part of a post in which the more relevant part is being studiously avoided by those who are obviously only on this thread spoiling for a fight. Swap "portly spaniard" for "football manager" and it doesn't affect my point in any way, except for not allowing Lodz a disingenuous diversion and not giving the Mancs on here a tiny thread to pull at.

I can't imagine how pissed off you would have been
    I would have thought "twat" hoped we beat them next time and got on with my life, to be honest. It wouldn't be the worst thing my team have been accused of down the years.

Comment

It's quite fair to mention it on a thread about the increasing poisonous atmosphere of the Mersey derby because it is a significant contributory factor.
      Oh I quite agree. The point I was making was that it's the pompous overreaction to the comment as much as the comment itself that's the problem. It was a dumb thing to say. Y'know, get over it.

Comment

bold little Disingenuous toro. Isn't he so bold and so little. Now run along and play with your things, and don't get too upsetty wetty when you get stuffed tonight.

Comment

I bet he won't like that.

Comment

I don't like *you*, I don't much mind that.

Comment

Size isn't everything, boys.

Comment

Harry Carpenter wrote:
                [quote]hobbes wrote:
                Out of interest, why "even Andy Gray"? He worships Gerrard, doesn't he?
                Not really. And he's toffee through and through.
                Not forgetting Andy Gray's reaction when Gerrard netted the late winner against Olympiakos in December 2004 - "Ooooooooooooh youuuuuuuu beautayyyyyyyyy". Like all of the big-name stars, particularly the English ones, Gray is up his arse.

Comment

HB's post 5288 said what I meant by my previous post.

Comment

Can I add my bit, saw an interview on TV the other day with liverpool and everton fans saying no big deal, its always been hostile this fixture

I was at the first all liverpool fa cup final in 1986, we had tickets for the everton end. it was 3-1 to liverpool, lineker scored for everton and rush (2) and johnston for lpool

what was interesting was the number of reds in the liverpool end who sang their heads off all game with no trouble, also when everton went 1-0 up a few everton flags went up on the liverpool end.

In addition, there was a 10 min chant of 'merseyside'. The crowd seemed to be about 95% scouse.

Don't think that could happen nowadays for many reasons.

oh, it was also the first match i saw (live or on TV) where the fans let a flare off. liverpool end as the teams came out

Comment

It's very sad indeed that relations have descended to the present level.

Comment

Wow. Can't imagine a Wembley final with (pick two from) Arsenal, Chelsea or Spurs chanting "London, London" for five minutes.

Cultural cringe?

Comment

I think it's great, considering the state of Merseyside twenty years ago (open goal).

And I've been acculturated towards hating Scousers.

Comment

Working...
                          X