X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Everton try to end war of words with Liverpool

What was actually chanted by both sides' support that has triggered this. I've heard about the alleged punch and spitting at Neville.

Leave a comment:

• cubillas
    replied

The first Everton fanzine started in that subrb of Liverpool called Porthmadog (its rights of the outskirts of the city, some 100 miles in fact). The best-selling Everton hooligan memoirs (Scally) was written by Andy Nicholls from Flint (another suburb no doubt). Everton don't do irony, just bile.

Leave a comment:

• EIM
    replied

Fair enough. But in this instance, regarding the Merseyside Derby from the weekend, what the Liverpool fans got up to was far, far worse than anything the Everton lot got the chance to do.

Leave a comment:

• Kowalski
    replied

I know, I know but it's just an indication of their bitterness.

There's an Everton fan I know who moved to Chester from Llandudno last year. He seems to think that he's a proper Evertonian now. Someone dared to have a jovial little dig about Sunday and was greeted with the response;

"I only give it back to the redshites who actually go to matches, Kopites are Gobshites"

or in other words

"You're just a "typical" Liverpool fan, you don't come from Liverpool and you're a glory hunter whereas I'm a proper fan, not a glory hunter drawn by the glamour of a big club from another place"

He didn't like it when I pointed out the irony of his position.

Leave a comment:

• cubillas
    replied

I can just imagine their response had it been Yakubu on the end of that tackle like that one by Carsley which had Andy Gray bemoaning that it was a fair tackle until he saw the slomo. They even added him onto their hate list when he had the audacity to enjoy Gerrard's goal against Olympiakos. Wouldn't be surprised to see their new ground accomodate a Bitter End.

Leave a comment:

• EIM
    replied

Fucking hell. If you're using Facebook as your sample, you can prove anything.

Leave a comment:

• Kowalski
    replied

Hear hear Cubillas, which club labelled themselves as the peoples' club? To me it seems that when you start calling yourselves that you are also claiming something about another club.

If you need any proof about the bitterness of Everton fans look on facebook, there's all manner of groups; Justice for the 39 (with no reference to justice for victims of Heysel, apart from the title, just digs at Liverpool), Steven Gerrard's wife's a whore, Kopites are Gobshites, Shankly was really a blue, etc etc etc

Leave a comment:

• EIM
    replied

Phoebe Disco wrote:
    Fire is the best thing to fight fire with. Fire can't get past something that's already burnt.
    OK. Join the fire brigade. See how far you get.

Leave a comment:

• David Agnew
    replied

Fire is the best thing to fight fire with. Fire can't get past something that's already burnt.

Leave a comment:

• cubillas
    replied

Evertonians in pot and kettle shock! They didn't seem overly concerned at the abuse dished out to Fowler but loads of their 100% scouse fans (from the very same north Wales as me) ran complaining when Fowler took the piss back. Humourless bitter twats.

Leave a comment:

• JtS
    replied

Most respected?

Leave a comment:

• EIM
    started a topic Everton try to end war of words with Liverpool

Whilst we would never condone the singling out of individual players for vitriolic insults, it is a shame that Mr Benitez chose to ignore the actions of his own club's supporters.

"Not only was Joleon Lescott subjected to an afternoon-long barrage of quite disgusting and quite audible abuse, Phil Neville was seemingly spat at several times and was also punched in the back by a supporter as he took a throw-in.

"We have asked Merseyside Police and our Safety Officer to look into the matter.

"In calling for Everton supporters to respect his players, Mr Benitez should, perhaps, remember his comments of 12 months ago when he sought to belittle one of world sport's oldest and most respected institutions by describing us as a 'small club'. Respect is a two-way street."
    Brilliant. While fighting fire with fire can seem a good idea, it's not a great way to put fires out.
Working...
X