X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Everton try to end war of words with Liverpool

And he's toffee through and through.

Andy Gray's team is Rangers and, whatever you might try to claim, he is so far up Gerrard's arse he can almost see Martin Tyler's feet.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

So, what exactly are Evertonians supposed to feel and say about the European ban, express gratitude to Liverpool for it?

Any song about Gerrard's wife and her conduct is nowhere near as bad as Benitez's 'small club' comment. That's really (probably intentionally) demeaning to a whole club's fans and history, not just a 'tabloid' comment. I mean, how the hell dare he?? Are we supposed to meekly accept what he says?? ... The Lescott chants just seem dumb rather than grossly offensive ... Benitez and Gerrard both deserve hatred for who they are and what they've said and done. Hatred not descending into hooliganism and violence, of course. The best revenge will be seeing them dumped out of the Champions League by Arsenal and Everton overtaking their five-point lead before the end of the season.

Leave a comment:

• hobbes
    replied

Out of interest, why "even Andy Gray"? He worships Gerrard, doesn't he?
    Not really. And he's toffee through and through.

Anyway, the legendary 'friendly derby' has become spiteful, hasn't it. Can we take it that the brothers who are on either side have been beating the shite out of one another?
    Oddly, mainly on the pitch. The games are still essentially unsegregated.

He's a professional footballer who knows what he's doing with his feet.
    Tell that to Paul Scholes

Leave a comment:

• David Agnew
    replied

Impact Substitute wrote:
    An Arsenal fan I was chatting to last December after the derby defeat at the Emirates was seriously explaining to me why he believed Spurs weren't a big club. I told him I couldn't give a fuck what size they were.
    Are you sure you're a Spurs fan?

And how can people justify signing songs about Lescott looking like the elephant man? It's wrong. Especially while Jimmy Bullard is playing.

Leave a comment:

• Er Liquidatore
    replied

Chelsea make gas chamber noises at WHL to this day
    Really? Funny that, cos I hadn't heard of it being done in a long old time.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Typical Everton. What about the constant abuse their fans give to Steven Gerrard? When I went to Goodison for the first game, it was the only song they knew. Anyway, better stop here before I get some stick from some on this board...

Leave a comment:

• Outside Agent
    replied

Add Graeme Le Saux to that list from the 4th place decider on the last day of 2002/03. It's a growing list.

There seems to be alot of focus (not here) on Benitez 'small club' jibe from last season. For me, this is evidence of football people now being obsessed with football's importance. Football is BIG and we are BIG, goddamnit. We get it in the transfer speculation industry, we get it in the endless football talk - who is a big club? And there's no bigger insult in football today than to be regarded as 'not big'. Hence, Evertonians outrage at Rafa's remark. An Arsenal fan I was chatting to last December after the derby defeat at the Emirates was seriously explaining to me why he believed Spurs weren't a big club. I told him I couldn't give a fuck what size they were.

Anyway, the legendary 'friendly derby' has become spiteful, hasn't it. Can we take it that the brothers who are on either side have been beating the shite out of one another?

Leave a comment:

• The Awesome Berbaslug!!!
    replied

I see absolutely no reason to give gerrard the benefit of the doubt for that stamp. or do you think that he's above taking sly revenge like that, do you think that he's above being affected by the abuse he's getting from the crowd, and do you think that he is above getting sucked into a merseyside derby? Because he has a track record of doing all three.

He's a professional footballer who knows what he's doing with his feet.

Read his autobiography, it's all about wanting to go out and kill everton. It's weird.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Naysmith, Nolan, Boateng, Solano, Kevin Campbell, the two Olympiakos players, and now Carsley.

Gerrard has a fair bit of previous when it comes to giving opponents a taste of his studs and getting away with it.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied

hobbes wrote:

Even Andy Gray thought it was completely accidental.
    Out of interest, why "even Andy Gray"? He worships Gerrard, doesn't he?

Leave a comment:

• joey wilson
    replied

The lunge at Weir that got Gerrard sent off was waist high, the Naysmith two footed lunge didn't even receive a yellow card.

Leave a comment:

• hobbes
    replied

That was a fucking horrible challenge. No arguments from me on that.
    It was also what? 7 years ago? The one on Sunday was patently an accident and no amount of red-tinted hallucination on your part will change that.

Leave a comment:

replied

ah, I was looking for that picture, and couldn't find it. I thought it was David weir he did that to.

Leave a comment:

• joey wilson
    replied

Leave a comment:

replied

fantasy world my hole. look at the picture. and of course andy gray thinks its accidental. Steven gerrard is one of the faces of the premier league on the sky intro's. That's sir steven gerrard of England.

Gerrard is a scumbag with a track record of losing it in the derby, even before people started singing about his bird. now that he's one of the untouchables, stuff like this is never going to be picked up on.

Remember when he stamped on kevin nolan's chest, and having screamed about it on the pitch and pointed to the footprint on his chest. After the game Nolan basically apologised to him for putting his chest between gerrard's blessed foot and the ground.

Leave a comment:

• hobbes
    replied

Oh good lord. It's time once again for our all-too-often trip into Colm's Fantasy World. (Pop. 1)

Even Andy Gray thought it was completely accidental.

Leave a comment:

• G-Man
    replied

On a cold day, AIATL doesn't care what colour shirt he can get.

Leave a comment:

replied

hah, I watched this game with garcia, and he claimed that he hurdled over him. That shot wasn't repeated once during the game. did they mention it afterwards in the coverage?

Leave a comment:

• Bill Poster
    replied

O.F.F.S.

Leave a comment:

• cubillas
    replied

As long as we agree that they started it though!

Leave a comment:

• Bill Poster
    replied

I agree. Both sets of fans just need to chill out a bit because at the moment it's just not funny. I concede that in the context of the derby game Everton fans have probably done more to transform the nature of what was once a friendly local rivalry. But the responsibility now rests with both sets of supporters and managers (whether it's Moyes and his 'people's club' comment, or Benitez and his 'small club' jibe) to create a better atmosphere.
    What he said. Amen.

Leave a comment:

• Aldo Simoncini
    replied

Nothing new, though is it? Chelsea make gas chamber noises at WHL to this day, and there's always been a vocal racist minority at West Ham. It manifests it's way further into the public domain with Liverpool/Man Utd/Everton though, for some reason.

Leave a comment:

• garcia
    replied

i can't remember, did ian ross call the cops after this instance of "fans having physical contact with players"?

Leave a comment:

• meregreen
    replied

cubillas wrote:
    Just accept that and you'll find it easier to climb down from the high horse.

Just dismounted but still don't see I shouldn't criticise Evertonians because of any Liverpool / Manchester United bitterness.

The whole hatred thing is a fucking dangerous game and these days there seems to be a competition to continually up the ante. Hillsborough chants are de rigeur at Old Trafford these days, Munich has never really gone away at various clubs, and I truly fear that someone, somewhere, will compose an oh so witty dity about Rhys Jones before long.

Like an earlier poster said, the solidarity of the 1980's (when Heysel and Hillsborough both happened) seems long gone.
    I agree. Both sets of fans just need to chill out a bit because at the moment it's just not funny. I concede that in the context of the derby game Everton fans have probably done more to transform the nature of what was once a friendly local rivalry. But the responsibility now rests with both sets of supporters and managers (whether it's Moyes and his 'people's club' comment, or Benitez and his 'small club' jibe) to create a better atmosphere.

Leave a comment:

• cubillas
    replied

Just accept that and you'll find it easier to climb down from the high horse.

Just dismounted but still don't see I shouldn't criticise Evertonians because of any Liverpool / Manchester United bitterness.

The whole hatred thing is a fucking dangerous game and these days there seems to be a competition to continually up the ante. Hillsborough chants are de rigeur at Old Trafford these days, Munich has never really gone away at various clubs, and I truly fear that someone, somewhere, will compose an oh so witty dity about Rhys Jones before long.

Like an earlier poster said, the solidarity of the 1980's (when Heysel and Hillsborough both happened) seems long gone.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X