City Football Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

City Football Group

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/dec/01/manchester-city-265m-deal-chinese-investment-group

Comment

City Football Group

USD 3 billion strikes me as an an extremely high valuation for City Football Group, just another indication that this has more to do with China-Abu Dhabi relations than serious investment.

Comment

City Football Group

For comparison:

Dallas Cowboys ($4 billion)
        Manchester United ($3.5 billion)
        Real Madrid ($3.26 billion)
        New England Patriots ($3.2 billion)
        New York Yankees ($3.2 billion)
        Barcelona ($3.16 billion)
        Washington R******* ($2.85 billion)
        New York Giants ($2.8 billion)
        San Francisco 49ers ($2.7 billion)

I suppose a lot depends on the value placed on the NYC franchise (and to a lesser extent the A-League one).

Comment

City Football Group

Reportedly the new crest, as revealed by the Trademark Office

Comment

City Football Group

Lost the 'Football Club' like United did.

Comment

City Football Group

First thing I noticed.

Comment

City Football Group

EIM wrote: Lost the 'Football Club' like United did.
                It's not really about football, though, is it?

That's just a diversion from the main agenda.

Comment

City Football Group

....of exerting political influence on the UK government?

Comment

Der Spiegel going after City this week in a four part Football Leaks investigation. I'd be more outraged if they weren't the only thing stopping Liverpool from winning the league.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post
                      Der Spiegel going after City this week in a four part Football Leaks investigation. I'd be more outraged if they weren't the only thing stopping Liverpool from winning the league.
                      That's unfair; The club funded by the tears of Siberian orphans are ahead of Liverpool on goal difference.

Comment

Well Chelsea winning it is a neutral solution. But I can't see it somehow.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/...a-1236346.html

Here's the Der Spiegel link. It's nothing we don't know already, but having it confirmed is something. Fuck all will come from this. I suspect City think that FFP won't hold up in court and UEFA have no leg to stand on.

Comment

Football club staff joining the elite group of people who really don't understand how to use email.

Comment

And another one bites the dust / joins the fold*.

https://twitter.com/ManCity/status/1098118028678610945

* delete as applicable

Comment

Can't believe Red Bull didn't snaffle them up.

Comment

UEFA, having handed Manchester United a last minute penalty to progress in the CL, have now opened up an investigation into the Manchester City Football Leaks (FootiLeaks?) allegations. A great week for European football imho.

Comment

Very good indeed

Comment

That's a startling read.

Comment

Pep should have been banned from football for life after he tested positive for PEDs. But on the other hand he wouldn't have been in post to make such a mistake as to support freedom and self-determination for his people while in the employ of theofascists.

It's a very interesting article. Thanks Reginald Christ for posting it.
                                      Last edited by Patrick Thistle; 29-07-2019, 11:48.

Comment

The journalists v City fans war that's raging on Twitter is a seemingly endless conflict to see who has the thinnest skin. Rabin, who is mentioned in that McGeehan article (I think) is an absolute oddball, who takes any criticism of "his" club as a personal attack. I initially wondered if he was City's Red Issue or if Red Issue were behind him as a pisstake. His attempts to point out journalistic hypocrisy have made him a bit of celeb among city fans, but the truth is he doesn't really highlight anything. Certainly nothing damning. It's Trumpian distraction, ad hominem attacks and whattaboutery, and it's getting lauded as genius. Utterly bizarre. But quite what the likes of Miguel Delaney are doing getting caught up in it all is beyond me. Have they not got transfer rumours they could be making up?

I think it's highly unlikely Rabin is in the employ of City, part of a thriving Beswick troll farm. I think it's far more likely he's a fan from abroad who has decided that City are key to his sense of identity, and that's driving all this unseemly bullshit. He calls his dinner lunch ffs.

Comment

Delaney enjoys getting into slanging matches with non-entities on Twitter the way that some of us enjoy stamp collecting, fly fishing or groundhopping.

You may well be right about Rabin, but the UAE's ample use of troll farms outside of the football context makes the claim at least plausible (there's also the possibility that he is a fan who has been adopted by their spin doctors).

Comment

It's entirely plausible, yeah. It was amusing to me that after this article appeared, Rabin started posting pictures of his dog and his food, in a "How do you do, fellow kids" grasp at normality.

It's difficult, because obviously I want to give Rabin the disdain he deserves, but the likes of Delaney, and particularly wan MacKenna, are coming across so badly in all of this, that it's hard not to give a little cheer every time he tries to pull their pants down. The trouble is both Rabin and the journalists are staggering around without their pants on in the first place, dicks swinging loose below their shirt bottoms. Like I say, it's all totally unseemly.

It's a shame garcia isn't posting, I'd love his take on all this.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post
                                              It's entirely plausible, yeah. It was amusing to me that after this article appeared, Rabin started posting pictures of his dog and his food, in a "How do you do, fellow kids" grasp at normality.

It's difficult, because obviously I want to give Rabin the disdain he deserves, but the likes of Delaney, and particularly wan MacKenna, are coming across so badly in all of this, that it's hard not to give a little cheer every time he tries to pull their pants down. The trouble is both Rabin and the journalists are staggering around without their pants on in the first place, dicks swinging loose below their shirt bottoms. Like I say, it's all totally unseemly.

It's a shame garcia isn't posting, I'd love his take on all this.
                                              I think you misunderstand Ewan McKenna's motivations. Interpersonal conflict with a righteous edge is pretty much half of what he lives for.

Comment

His "Lowry is a fascism enabler" take, after Lowry won the golf, was spectacular. Ly bad.

Comment

Christ, I've just looked that out and read it. Never heard of McKenna before and never want to again, we need to shut down Twitter.

Comment

Lowry is a fascist enabler? What does he have against michael Lowry? I mean i'm sure Denis O'Brien is a blueshirt to the bone, but that's a bit much.

The quote cutting required for that hot take was pretty extraordinary.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X