• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

City Football Group

Let's hope they choke on it.

Comment

City Football Group

Can't wait to consume some more product at the weekend myself.

Comment

City Football Group

I had hoped that it was a bad translation from a formal legal document establishing their standing to join the suit.

Silly me.

Comment

City Football Group

If they're that arsed about FFP they could tell their club to raise revenue quickly and easily by giving away supporters more tickets for cup ties.

Comment

City Football Group

I presume it's the words 'consume' and 'choke' on this page that are generating the adverts for "Graze" boxes.

Comment

City Football Group

Oh fuck, I hadn't read on ;

With this UEFA rule, it is now almost impossible for any ambitious investor to take over a “sleeping giant” and to turn them into the next Manchester City or PSG.

In other words, the UEFA rule may be bad news for MCFC supporters, but it is even worse news for supporters of all clubs that do not today belong to the established European elite.
              You see Rochdale, Torquay and Carlisle? It's you they're worried about, not themselves.

Comment

City Football Group

This is both my favourite and least favourite thread.

Comment

City Football Group

The murkiness of this Frank Lampard deal must be getting Harry Redknapp all jealous.

Comment

City Football Group

The only way this could get more dubious is if City were paying him with money stolen from a chelsea fc bank account. bb

Comment

City Football Group

Comment

City Football Group

Guardian story

I don't understand what is the point of doing this. Chelsea gave lampard a gold watch and showed him the door. He was available on a free transfer. why not just sign a one year contract with city?

Comment

City Football Group

I presume the idea of it was to help City get round FFP.

Comment

City Football Group

Precisely.

There are also tax angles for all concerned, as well as the bizarre to the rest of the world "single entity" structure of MLS.

Comment

City Football Group

City and lampard should meet and get their story straight.

Comment

City Football Group

btw, what is a head of terms commitment?

Comment

City Football Group

It sounds to me like an "agreement in principle" based on a term sheet, the legal effect of which can depend on which jurisdiction is involved.

Comment

City Football Group

The mail are reporting that Uefa are going to investigate city over their use of subsidiary companies to hide losses. The two companies in question are City Football Marketing Ltd and City Football Services Ltd, who between them posted losses of £26 million last season.

Comment

City Football Group

Patrick Vieira is the new head coach of NYCFC. No doubt after a rigorous recruitment process.

Comment

City Football Group

Manchester City order British Govt to crack down on Muslim Brotherhood.

Comment

City Football Group

Well, hooray for City Football Group. At least they will be getting rid of the stupid eagle winged badge with three decorative stars one might associate with winning shit.

The replacement is known to be round and bound to at least feature the boat. The rose one from Peter Swales went due to being out of copyright, so not sure whether we get some version of the stripes with a rose incorporated elsewhere. But basically back to a round city of Manchester style badge.

Let's just hope they don't discolor the thing immediately.

Comment

City Football Group

Probably means FC United will have to change their badge.

Comment

City Football Group

That is probably true. Looks just like a discolored City badge. But as not Manchester United fans it shouldn't upset them that much, right?

Comment

City Football Group

It'll tear the club apart, just like everything else does.

Comment

City Football Group

caja-dglh wrote: Well, hooray for City Football Group. At least they will be getting rid of the stupid eagle winged badge with three decorative stars one might associate with winning shit.

The replacement is known to be round and bound to at least feature the boat. The rose one from Peter Swales went due to being out of copyright, so not sure whether we get some version of the stripes with a rose incorporated elsewhere. But basically back to a round city of Manchester style badge.

Let's just hope they don't discolor the thing immediately.
                                                  There are a few different stories doing the rounds about the copyright, including that Swales sold it to the bloke who ran the merchandise shop at Maine Road, although he denies it.

But I'd like the old badge back anyway. Reminds me of the good old days watching City as a teenager, as we slid into the abyss (and parts of the ground did too).

Comment

City Football Group

China have bought into City. Abu Dhabi and China. My my, how City have grown up.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X