No announcement yet.

City Football Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MacKenna's most regular outlet at the moment appears to be something called punditarena.com, which seems about right to me.

Comment

I was getting him mixed up with the truly execrable (but not as bad as this frother) Scottish Guardian hacks Ewan Murray and Kevin McKenna, and was getting very confused.

Comment

Yeah, it's a challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
          Lowry is a fascist enabler? What does he have against michael Lowry? I mean i'm sure Denis O'Brien is a blueshirt to the bone, but that's a bit much.

The quote cutting required for that hot take was pretty extraordinary.
          https://twitter.com/EwanMacKenna/sta...398788609?s=19

Comment

The first thing that came up when I searched about this was a Reddit that claimed MacKenna later tweeted that Lowry "accepts and promotes fascism. This is a fact." but the link to that tweet is dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
              The first thing that came up when I searched about this was a Reddit that claimed MacKenna later tweeted that Lowry "accepts and promotes fascism. This is a fact." but the link to that tweet is dead.
              I think he did send that, yes.

Comment

Ah, I get you now.

Comment

You are infinitely more justified in your comment, of course

Comment

There's a letter in this month's WSC protesting that Man City are virtuous angels and in no way buy their success with money from tyrants. No. Nope. No, sirree, they don't.

Comment

New name and badge for the Uruguayan subsidiary

https://twitter.com/planetafobal/status/1220131831670018048

Comment

That's sadly a complete and utter improvement from a badge perspective. The name change is shit, though.

Comment

Let's see how they wriggle out of this one:

https://www.theguardian.com/football...ampions-league

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                            Let's see how they wriggle out of this one:

https://www.theguardian.com/football...ampions-league
                            A rather apt picture of Infantino in the article too

Comment

Ferran Soriano clearly felt a little out-done by Arsenal trying to sack Gunnersaurus so takes the opportunity of the pandemic and clubs going bust to push his reserve teams in the Championship idea.

Comment

Yeah because Manchester City - a club who'd be fucked if Abu Dhabi were to ever become a democracy - are in a good position to lecture others about 'sustainable models'. Prick.

Comment

Man City Truthers really are a thing aren't they? Got accused of being an aspirant member of The WhatsApp Group this morning.

Comment

One of the more bizarre manifestations of Calcio Moderno

Comment

It's where "my club right or wrong" ultimately leads

Comment

Whats the Whatsapp Group? (I mean in this context, I know what one is, this seems like a special sort of one)

Comment

The Anti City Massive

Comment

The wilder fringes of Man City's fanbase (or what I perhaps naively hope is only the wilder fringes) have punted out various tropes about there being a big WhatsApp group of influential Anti-City Movers And Shakers. Uefa are on it, even City fan David Conn is on it, I presume human rights groups are too. It's a big network.

Comment

I think there's a secret cabal of city hating journalists who message each other about city being grubby, and then report than instead of all the good things city do, like buying players, scoring goals and winning trophies.

Something weird happened to City fans' collective psyche when they became good. So much of their identity was based on being underdogs, and the likeable alternative to Manchester United that they have absolutely no idea how to process and handle criticism.

Comment

EIM is obviously closer to this, but my sense that a large majority of these nutters only became City fans after they got good.

The old school City supporters I know are all appalled by their behaviour.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                                  EIM is obviously closer to this, but my sense that a large majority of these nutters only became City fans after they got good.

The old school City supporters I know are all appalled by their behaviour.
                                                  There's a definite generational gap between city fans. But the paranoia runs deep. The issue is that Twitter makes the idiots louder and seem a lot more representative.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post
                                                    I think there's a secret cabal of city hating journalists who message each other about city being grubby, and then report than instead of all the good things city do, like buying players, scoring goals and winning trophies.

Something weird happened to City fans' collective psyche when they became good. So much of their identity was based on being underdogs, and the likeable alternative to Manchester United that they have absolutely no idea how to process and handle criticism.
                                                    It is funny - I was thinking about it just the other day. I can't actually think of the last City game I watched on TV. Quite often weekends go by when I don't even know who they are playing and (much more often) without knowing which day the game is on. After we won things I maintained interest for a while. Now - even when it is simply a matter of knowing when to turn on my TV - I am totally out of touch.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X