Clear All

• DCI Harry Batt
    replied
    Sickening.

Leave a comment:

• Third rate Leszno
    replied
    Originally posted by TonTon View Post
    Did that replace the "Manchester thanks Sheikh Mansour" one that was there when we won our way back into the league?
    That's still there, albeit updated to reference the number of years since he arrived.

Leave a comment:

• DCI Harry Batt
    replied
    Did that replace the "Manchester thanks Sheikh Mansour" one that was there when we won our way back into the league?

Leave a comment:

• slackster
    replied
    Took me a minute to get that banner. First thoughts was it was a mis-spelt reference to Arsenal’s current wobble, rather than a nod towards Man City’s new star brief signing.

Leave a comment:

• EIM
    replied
    I'm reminded of the United For Sale Jim Ratcliffe banner that put me in such a foul mood that I didn't go to the Liverpool game earlier this season. Fans championing lawyers and billionaires is such a bleak state of affairs. Real dystopian, PL end-game behaviour.

Leave a comment:

• Nocturnal Submission
    replied
    Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
    Infantino wishes that was true

Heh!

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Infantino wishes that was true

Leave a comment:

• Nocturnal Submission
    replied
    A lawyer mentioned on a banner at a football game.

Groundbreaking.

Leave a comment:

• EIM
    replied
    HHahaha. Oh man.

Leave a comment:

• E10 Rifle
    replied
    This is the future of north-east politics now too. Bin Salman and a new generation of T Dan Smiths

Leave a comment:

• NHH
    replied
    Yeah. The way the local Labour Party have been their craven lapdogs is embarrassing, and yet machine twats like Pat Carney will round on anyone who dare question that since it is a Labour Council in charge, it's the best of all possible world for the Mancunian working class

Leave a comment:

• E10 Rifle
    replied
    Seems to me that Abu Dhabi have done as comparably a thorough job in infecting and corrupting Manchester's democracy and body politic as they have English football.

Leave a comment:

• Sunderporinostesta
    replied
    Originally posted by EIM View Post
    I wish people would stop using Abu Dhabi/City's investment in the local community as an example of something good they do. It's more of the same grubby shit, but even worse.
    Aye. They could've done all the good stuff without doing the bad.

Leave a comment:

• Foot of Astaire's
    replied

The Guardian did a bit about it, based on an academic report.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ite-manchester
    Ah cheers. Some interesting points in there and stuff I didn't know but I don't recall there being a mad scramble amongst investors to buy this land that the article quotes as being so valuable. I can only speak from personal experience from when I worked around there but, to me at least, its a significantly nicer area now than it was.

Leave a comment:

• EIM
    replied
    Originally posted by Foot of Astaire's View Post

How so? I'm sure they're intentions may be dubious but the area, housing and employment opportunities around Beswick and Gorton are significantly better now than they were pre takeover.
    The Guardian did a bit about it, based on an academic report.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ite-manchester

Leave a comment:

• Foot of Astaire's
    replied
    I wish people would stop using Abu Dhabi/City's investment in the local community as an example of something good they do. It's more of the same grubby shit, but even worse.
    How so? I'm sure they're intentions may be dubious but the area, housing and employment opportunities around Beswick and Gorton are significantly better now than they were pre takeover.

Leave a comment:

• EIM
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Foot of Astaire's
    replied
    https://twitter.com/sgevans/status/1623410841394778112/photo/1

Leave a comment:

• Snake Plissken
    replied
    Pep attacked his nine of his rival clubs, saying they were after the Champions League place for themselves. He even named them.

Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea, Burnley…

Leave a comment:

• Hot Pepsi
    replied
    As NFL owners, the Glazers have won two Super Bowls and are much more successful than the previous Bucc's ownership - which isn't saying much - but I don't think anyone regards them as particularly smart NFL owners.

One of their big problems in the past has been mismanaging the cap, so maybe that's why they wanted to own an Premier League team.

Leave a comment:

• EIM
    replied
    Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post

Apologies, I heard the newsreader say that as I was heading out of the room. Fake news.
    He did say it, just a few years ago.

Leave a comment:

• Tony C
    replied
    He's such a twat.
    He plays to his crowd, for sure, which is fine if you’re part of that crowd but certainly twattish if you’re not.

Leave a comment:

• elguapo4
    replied
    Originally posted by Tony C View Post

Other than he didn’t say that in today’s press conference. Just the opposite in fact. We’ll wait and see of course and I could easily see him moving on if full sanctions are imposed but you are clearly misquoting him today.

From BBC site

“Guardiola previously said he would leave City if allegations they broke financial rules were proven.

However, he said he had no intention of quitting on Friday, adding: "I am not moving from this seat, I can assure you. I want to stay more than ever."

The Spaniard said he would not be concerned even if City were relegated by the commission.

"We have already been in the lower divisions," he said. "We will be back there - not a problem.

"We will call Paul Dickov and Mike Summerbee and we will do again.”
    Apologies, I heard the newsreader say that as I was heading out of the room. Fake news.

Leave a comment:

• EIM
    replied
    He's such a twat.

Leave a comment:

• Tony C
    replied
    Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
    Pep Guardiola says he'll leave Manchester City if the accusations are found out to be true. It's rare that you hear such a mixture of ethics and naked self interest in the one sentence.
    Other than he didn’t say that in today’s press conference. Just the opposite in fact. We’ll wait and see of course and I could easily see him moving on if full sanctions are imposed but you are clearly misquoting him today.

From BBC site

“Guardiola previously said he would leave City if allegations they broke financial rules were proven.

However, he said he had no intention of quitting on Friday, adding: "I am not moving from this seat, I can assure you. I want to stay more than ever."

The Spaniard said he would not be concerned even if City were relegated by the commission.

"We have already been in the lower divisions," he said. "We will be back there - not a problem.

"We will call Paul Dickov and Mike Summerbee and we will do again.”

Leave a comment:

Working...
X