Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spotted: the OTF april fool thread

FC United are fooling no one, despite getting in early with this effort:

FC United are pleased to announce that a one-year deal has been reached with UniBond Premier Division side, Prescott Cables regarding a ground sharing arrangement for the 2008/09 season, subject to the decision being ratified by members.

The Board is fully aware that relocating to Merseyside may be a cause of concern for some supporters, however, it is confident that fans will understand the decision has had to be taken to secure the financial security of the club for the foreseeable future.

A club spokesperson said: “Moving to Merseyside was by no means our ideal choice, however, we need a smaller, more affordable ground than Gigg Lane. We have been searching for a suitable option in and around the Manchester area for some time but nothing has come to fruition.

“With time running out to secure a new deal, Prescott Cables approached us with a fantastic financial package to share Valerie Park. The offer was simply too good to refuse and we have decided that it is in the best interests of the club to go ahead with this deal for at least one year.”

The spokesperson added: “FC United are extremely grateful to Bury FC for the hospitality they have shown us over the last three years and we hope that supporters will give their backing to the club in what has been a difficult decision. We are sure that given time, fans will get used to life on Merseyside.”

The Board will give a full presentation on why this decision has been taken to the membership and ask for votes in favour of it at the General Meeting on Sunday 13th April. Due to FA rules, members will also have the opportunity to hold a vote on whether to change the club name to FC United of Merseyside.

I fell for one on the Lincoln City official site a few years back. Said they were changing the club's colours to green with immediate effect and re-branding themselves the Lincoln Green because of a new partnership deal with Sporting Lisbon. They even changed the entire website's colouring system. Pretty well done, I had to admit (well, obviously it would have to be well done to fool sonmeone as clever as me).

Comment

Shit one from the guardian

http://www.guardian.co.uk/theguardian/2008/apr/01/7

Comment

That was the Guardian's attempt? I saw it this morning and thought it was so poor it could actually be true.

Comment

Poisson D'Avril is French for April Fool, so it must be.

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/April_1%2C_2008

Comment

http://www.espn4.com/

Democratit election deathmatch

Comment

BBC penguins

Comment

Is there anything more ridiculous than the idea that you cannot access most BBC stuff (TV, radio, etc) through the internet outside the UK, when these are precisely the people who cannot watch BBC TV or listen to BBC radio at home?

This is not an April Fool's it's an angry rant about how fucked up that is.

Comment

After watching the TV news, Fräulein Pepys is currently under the impression that Franck Ribery was Carla Bruni's former lover before she hooked up with Sarkozy.

I don't know if it's an April Fool or she just misheard the story.

Comment

Another from The Guardian

Fabio Capello is giving the england squad 3 months to learn italian

Comment

I'm sure that Fabio wishes that the investigating magistrate's suggestion that he should face obstruction of justice charges for his "evasive" testimony in one of the Moggi cases had come out today instead of yesterday.

I don't expect anything to come of it, of course.

And what ad hoc said about the BBC content.

Comment

Desperately Seeking wrote:
                          Another from The Guardian

Fabio Capello is giving the england squad 3 months to learn italian
                          That's the Sun's april fool. The graun have obviously fallen for it.

Comment

BBC Penguins:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=9dfWzp7rYR4

Comment

What ad hoc said. That's one of the many ways the BBC manages to piss me off again and again.

Comment

Andy Ritchie has either been sacked or hasn't been sacked by Huddersfield. I can't work out which.

Comment

A superior effort from one of our own.

Comment

I had some colleagues going for ooh, at least 40 seconds, with a Franco-British one: that Sarko had promised to take failed asylum seekers from Britain, but only nubile female ones, to boost France's birthrate.

Poor, but better than that Guardian effort, I reckon.

200%'s MK Scum one tho': excellent!

Comment

the irish sun had "trapattoni forces squad to learn italian", plus a story about how trap had submitted a j-lo style rider to the FAI demanding an apartment in ballsbridge for his private chef, who would prepare individualised pre-match pizzas for the players. i can't believe i am even typing this shit out.

that bbc ad is amazing.

Comment

Herald AM had a thing about Eddie O'Sullivan being offered his old job and the Spire being relocated to Las Vegas.

Comment

I meant to thank you earlier for you kind comments, FIGS and UA. If I'd had a spare half hour, I'd have photoshopped a saltire into the middle of their badge.

Comment

Working...
                                          X