Mascots observing minutes silences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seand wrote: So pleased to find this thread, it's a glorious coming together of two of modern football's most innocuous yet infuriating stupidities.
    You haven't found a thread. You've found the best forum on earth. (If you can avoid the ones about Manchester United, Liverpool and Jesus)

Comment

No, he's right, PPV. All this forum has been about is just constructing a scaffolding for this thread - the best thing on the internet ever - to exist in.

Having said that, my usual annual soul-searching about Remembrance Sunday was extinguished by the joy at the thought at what this thread would bring up. However, that Millwall kit has just seriously pissed me right off, funny mascot or no.

We haven't had a Jesus thread for years.

Comment

That's a good idea, I haven't looked at this thread for the past year but from now on I'll return around Remembrance time

Comment

Harry Truscott wrote: It's apparently the same as their WW1-era change kit. Still seems dubious though, especially worn at home.
          Reminds me of the 2000 Scottish Cup Final, when most Rangers fans at Hampden bedecked themselves in Orange tops to 'celebrate' having Dick Advocaat as manager.

Comment

Bored of Education wrote: Ooooh, I am not happy about them naming the person inside the mascot. That's not on. It spoils the magic.
            Ha, ha! He's actually an old school-friend of mine!

Comment

Millwall

Comment

And the only photo I can find of Sheffield Wednesday's mascots participating yesterday.

Comment

Baggie Bird joins in again - can't get the image to display but can be found here

Comment

Freddy the Fox at Halifax v Bradford

Comment

Lofty the Lion expresses suitable mascot solemnity at Bolton v Wigan.

Comment

He looks like Brendan on Coach Trip when its the vote.

Comment

Stumpy Pepys wrote: Lofty the Lion expresses suitable mascot solemnity at Bolton v Wigan.

That picture works so well because he's blurry in the foreground, as if viewed through a veil of tears.

Someone should bring out a book of these. If WSC did it I would buy copies for everyone I know.

Comment

Soz for the rubbish quality, but here's Tonbridge Angels mascot lining up with the lads yesterday to listen to the last post

Comment

Hang on, what is that an angelic version of?! One of the Mister Men?

Comment

An M&M.

Comment

Peanut

Comment

These are brilliant, and I'd buy the book.

I was a bit panicked about my nascent love for Gunnersaurus earlier, figure-wise he reminds me of my first love, Baloo the Bear. But, you know, what with my broody longings for Baby Oleg toy, it's a slippery slope towards furry conventions.

Comment

Slackster - no need to apologise. The low-league respectful mascot is brilliant and needs included in the shaming before this becomes acceptable.

Comment

Hartlepool take a moment to remember the inhumanity of man against monkey:

Comment

That Tonbridge Angels picture is absolutely phenomenal.

Comment

Mr Magpie bucks the "bowed head" trend and stares straight down the nearest lens.

Comment

In fact, that's Mrs. Magpie, which means there's another mascot lurking somewhere out of shot.

Comment

Not the Armed Forces but the Metropolitan Police do have one called, I think, PCSO Steve.

He sometimes pops up at Met Police FC's games and here (at the end of their narrow FA Cup First Round home defeat to Crawley last season) he shows he can look devastated enough to easily make a real contribution to a minute's silence;

.[/quote]
                                                It looks like he's just stumbled across the Statue Of Liberty buried up to her tits in sand.

Comment

He looks like he's waiting to receive communion. Brilliant. That Angels angel is deeply puzzling — I think Harry's 'Mr Men' hypothesis is the only one that vaguely fits so far.

Comment

Velvet Android wrote: That Angels angel is deeply puzzling — I think Harry's 'Mr Men' hypothesis is the only one that vaguely fits so far.
                                                    Or possibly a deceased one of Mister Maker's Shapes?
                                                    https://[video=youtube_share;ZqcZkBW...?v=ZqcZkBWcmE4[/video]

Comment

Working...
                                                    X