Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the fook?

Is this funny?

Is this the Mail trying to be funny? Just the Mail? Or the Mail having a knowing swipe at its reputation?

They're kind of right about Jacqui Oatley, mind.

What the fook?

A woman called joanne Cantwell does round ups on RTE's version of MOTD. I don't think anyone has ever passed comment on it mind you. I'm surprised that the Mail is going down that road.

Comment

What the fook?

Oatley's commentary on Brum v Man City was actually a new low for her, nothing to do with her being a woman and everything to do with her decision to replace knowledgable commentary with witless screaming.

Comment

What the fook?

When Jacqui Oatley is commentating, I can't help but imagine that the action is being described by an excitable schoolboy who has won a competition.

Comment

What the fook?

All affected though, isn't it? She's working to a script. Remember what Jonathan Pearce used to be like.

I didn't notice her particularly when she started commenting- there were no histrionics then.

PS black mark to Ellie Oldroyd for gushing about Ince and Franchise FC yesterday.

Comment

What the fook?

She is terrible, and it just adds grist to the mill of imbeciles like that dullard from the Daily Mail, above. The problem is that there is a real dearth of football commentators that don't sound as if they've been given forty cups of coffee in the five minutes before they go on air.

Comment

What the fook?

She is terrible. I feel bad for slagging her off because I don't want her to be shit just because she's a woman.

Turns out she's only 32. How many 32 yr old male commentators have there ever been?

Her basic commentary is very basic. Kelly to Zarate, now McSheffrey. Franck Queudrue.

Oh and he won't be pleased with that one.

McSheffrey picks out Queudrue in acres of space, and his weak shot rolls tamely into the keepers arms.

And there's McLeish, shaking his head in disbelief.

Ad there's

And there's...

Comment

What the fook?

When Jacqui Oatley is commentating, I can't help but imagine that the action is being described by an excitable schoolboy who has won a competition.
                Oi, stop nicking Cameron Carter's material, BDG, though I think he also referred to her "shrill trilling".

Comment

What the fook?

It wasn't intentional, NS, I promise.

Comment

What the fook?

OK.

I forgive you.

Comment

Working...
                    X