Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Orange
    replied
    Starmer in the crowd at Norwich today, apparently. Hope he didn’t join in any protests.

Leave a comment:

• Benjm
    replied
    I saw Danny Dyer in the audience at the National Theatre the other day. Not a football match, you say? For me, DD carries it over the line, singlehanded.

Leave a comment:

• Jah Womble
    replied
    Originally posted by Felicity, I guess so View Post

But did he have hot legs?
    Perhaps, if he couldn't get out in time to use the facilities.

Leave a comment:

• Felicity, I guess so
    replied
    Did he sing?

Leave a comment:

• Logan Mountstuart
    replied
    I once stood about 3 places away from the singer Renaud on the Yankees terrace at the Velodrome in 1993 or 4. He was massive at the time ( in terms of record sales, rather than stature).

Tony Cascarino honoured him with a hat rick.

Leave a comment:

• caja-dglh
    replied
    Originally posted by Richeyedwards View Post
    Saw Matt Lucas in the toilets at Highbury and Dermot O' Leary leaving the Emirates.
    You went missing before the Emirates was built.

Leave a comment:

• Richeyedwards
    replied
    Saw Matt Lucas in the toilets at Highbury and Dermot O' Leary leaving the Emirates.

Leave a comment:

• Giggler
    replied
    Originally posted by Stumpy Pepys View Post
    I just had a strange flashback of seeing Uri Geller in the car park at Elm Park in the 90s.

Maybe he transmitted it to my brain ...
    He went to Gigg with Exeter in 2002. Granada did a feature on the game. A steward opens his car door as the rain hammers down and says “Welcome to Bury” with the implication that it would be followed by “What’s it like, eh?!?!?!?!”

Uri takes it totally seriously and says “thank you so much!” before disappearing into the old Exec Club to bend a few spoons.

Leave a comment:

• Stumpy Pepys
    replied
    I just had a strange flashback of seeing Uri Geller in the car park at Elm Park in the 90s.

Maybe he transmitted it to my brain ...

Leave a comment:

• Bored Of Education
    replied
    I was thinking of Harry Pearson which made me think that was a very niche celebrity interest.

Leave a comment:

• Voidoid
    replied
    Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post

Abbott would have been the one who got Pavement in to Luton as he managed them at one point. He actually brought a few members to the Cardiff v Luton 1994 FA Cup game and was foolhardy enough to take them on the away end without realising how lairy it would get,

Stringer upgraded to having his own box for many many seasons though that would have gone by now as it was in that stand that was solely composed of them which I believe has now been knocked down for the PL upgrade. He's still very much the CEO of Sony Music, btw.
    Rob Stringer excelled himself again today (certainly in the social media interaction stakes at least) by bringing along Harry Styles who was filmed sharing a packet of Trebor Xtra Strong Mints with Mick Harford in the crowd which must have won some award for most unexpected moment of the season. Even more left field was that sitting in front of them completely unnoticed to everyone was Ezra Koenzig frontman of Vampire Weekend

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Ethan
    replied
    I have realised how out of touch I am with UK "celebrities". We have done this before and I'm sure I mentioned then Look East weatherman (now that's real celebrity) David Brookes on the terraces at Portman Road. Friday evening's weather forecast had been cold but sunny and we were getting heavily snowed on so he took some stick.

Leave a comment:

• Stumpy Pepys
    replied
    At Bolton, the only celeb fans I ever came across were Tony Knowles and Stu Francis (not together). I think a mate spotted Vernon Kay at Middlebrook.

I don't think Haching is much of a celebrity magnet. A friend-of-a-friend is a dead ringer for Mario Basler, but his name's Dave and he's from Middlesbrough.
    Last edited by Stumpy Pepys; 14-02-2024, 20:07.

Leave a comment:

• Felicity, I guess so
    replied
    Originally posted by CY_Boaby View Post
    I'm sure I've mentioned this on another thread about Internationals, but when I was at Hampden for Scotland v Ukraine in a Euro 2008 qualifier (I think it was in October 2007), sitting two rows behind me was Rod Stewart. I didn't find him very sexy.
    But did he have hot legs?

Leave a comment:

• CY_Boaby
    replied
    I'm sure I've mentioned this on another thread about Internationals, but when I was at Hampden for Scotland v Ukraine in a Euro 2008 qualifier (I think it was in October 2007), sitting two rows behind me was Rod Stewart. I didn't find him very sexy.

Leave a comment:

• Nocturnal Submission
    replied
    Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
    Fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld was a major Fulham fan. Attended all the matches he could home and away, even when they were down in div 4. Apparently he supported them from afar even when he was a kid in Hamburg. He liked that they wore a plain black and white kit (which figures when you saw his own gear!) To most of the guys on the terrace he was just "German Karl," they had no idea he was famous.

"Karl was at the game yesterday."

"Big fan?"

"Fuckin' enormous - the bloke sitting behind him could hardly see the pitch!"

Leave a comment:

• Third rate Leszno
    replied
    Originally posted by Walt Flanagans Dog View Post

Less glamorously all round, I sat behind Lee Brennan (911) at Brentford v Carlisle (I was with someone who knew him from school).

Helen Skelton is our current most likely celeb spot at Carlisle, although she only makes occasional games. It used to be Roxanne Pallet.

​​​​​​It's like Hollywood round here, I tell ya.
    I was going to nominate author and WSC columnist/podcaster Harry Pearson as an occasional visitor too.

Leave a comment:

• Foot of Astaire's
    replied
    Vernon Kay attends a few games each year. Not seen Amir Khan since our Premier League days. I walked past Wednesday fan John McClure (Reverend and the Makers), leaving Hillsborough a couple of seasons back.

Leave a comment:

• Walt Flanagans Dog
    replied
    Originally posted by Felicity, I guess so View Post
    Sat behind Ricky Ross (Deacon Blue) at a 90s European game against Tatran Prešov
    Less glamorously all round, I sat behind Lee Brennan (911) at Brentford v Carlisle (I was with someone who knew him from school).

Helen Skelton is our current most likely celeb spot at Carlisle, although she only makes occasional games. It used to be Roxanne Pallet.

​​​​​​It's like Hollywood round here, I tell ya.

Leave a comment:

• NHH
    replied
    Originally posted by My Name Is Ian View Post

Was the Drop The Dead Donkey guy Neil Pearson? Because I think I saw him at Lewes one Non League Day. And Jonathan Pearce, now I come to think of it.
    That's the fella!

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
    Timmy Mallet - mentioned just on another thread - is a fairly well known regular at Oxford games although I've never registered him. I did once see Jeremy Paxman and, presumably, his son getting out of their car and heading into the ground on a match day.
    Mallett is also a regular at Maidenhead (I presume he lives nearby) and when they met Oxford in the Cup recently there were references to it being The Timmy Mallett Derby.

Leave a comment:

• Sunderporinostesta
    replied
    Originally posted by George C. View Post

If you know D. & R., Twins in your London branch. aka, `The Dole Claimers'/ 'Ugly Beat', attended a few games with them, over the years...
    Not seen them for years. Mind I’ve not been a London branch member since the Reidy era. A ST and away travel at a club 270 miles away doesn’t half sycon your bank account. They were bloody murder those two after away games with drink in them wanting everyone to sing along.

Leave a comment:

• George C.
    replied
    Originally posted by Sunderporinostesta View Post
    Following Sunderland I’ve seen Steve Cram home and away countless times. Dave Stewart with kids in tow at the SOL. Tim Rice at the SOL. Frank Bruno in the away end at Highbury in the company of his Sunlun fanatic agent and there’s not much leg room there Harry. George Martin the TV show architect-design feller both home and away in the cheap seats with his kids. Melanie Hill the actress former wife of Sean Bean in the cheap seats. Tasmin Archer whose ex husband was a fan until he got disillusioned but she kept going even after they divorced but I’ve only seen her at home games. Kate Adie who went to the same school as Dave Stewart as has been a regular all her life since being a kid in the Roker days. Frankie Letherface. Frankie Heartstring. Don thingy who plays keyboards in Deep Purple who sometimes solos with Wise Men Say*. The Dunn brothers from former Kitchenware recording artistes The Daintees stood right next to us in the Roker End in the early-mid 80s.

* I know.
    If you know D. & R., Twins in your London branch. aka, `The Dole Claimers'/ 'Ugly Beat', attended a few games with them, over the years...

Leave a comment:

• steveeeeeeeee
    replied
    Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
    Fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld was a major Fulham fan. Attended all the matches he could home and away, even when they were down in div 4. Apparently he supported them from afar even when he was a kid in Hamburg. He liked that they wore a plain black and white kit (which figures when you saw his own gear!) To most of the guys on the terrace he was just "German Karl," they had no idea he was famous.
    You had me until "German Karl".

Leave a comment:

• Sunderporinostesta
    replied
    Following Sunderland I’ve seen Steve Cram home and away countless times. Dave Stewart with kids in tow at the SOL. Tim Rice at the SOL. Frank Bruno in the away end at Highbury in the company of his Sunlun fanatic agent and there’s not much leg room there Harry. George Clark the TV show architect-design feller both home and away in the cheap seats with his kids. Melanie Hill the actress former wife of Sean Bean in the cheap seats. Tasmin Archer whose ex husband was a fan until he got disillusioned but she kept going even after they divorced but I’ve only seen her at home games. Kate Adie who went to the same school as Dave Stewart as has been a regular all her life since being a kid in the Roker days. Frankie Letherface. Frankie Heartstring. Don thingy who plays keyboards in Deep Purple who sometimes solos with Wise Men Say*. The Dunn brothers from former Kitchenware recording artistes The Daintees stood right next to us in the Roker End in the early-mid 80s.

My Mrs met Robert Plant in the boardroom at Molyneaux and it took her ages to realise who he was. Her mate gets invited in a couple of times a season and her plus one dropped out the night before so she rang her up.

* I know.
    Last edited by Sunderporinostesta; 12-02-2024, 19:18.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X