Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got it in one

Comment

Minister for sport says it the FAI goes, the League of Ireland will probably go as well. The league were one of the few to complain regularly about the governance of the FAI and we're going to be shafted. Meanwhile, the underage and junior leagues, who were uncritical of Delaney are to be looked after.
      There'll be little support from the general football public until they discover that no domestic league means no national team either.

Comment

What the fuck is that chinless dry drunk cunt Ross playing at?

Comment

Eggball cunt. Though he's probably more of a polo man.

Comment

Hopefully he'll be out of that job after the next election.

Comment

I thought the League of Ireland ran itself, much like the FA and the Premier League? Some suggesting that if the FAI were to be dissolved, the IFA should become the governing body.

Comment

The League merged with the FAI during the 90s, we were promised the sun, moon and stars but were basically treated like crap for most of the time.
                Back in the 80s, I knew an elderly supporter who wouldn't support the Republic of Ireland,he'd always say the IFA was the proper association. Surprisingly enough, he was an IRA man during the war of independence and the civil war.

Comment

Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
                    The League merged with the FAI during the 90s, we were promised the sun, moon and stars but were basically treated like crap for most of the time.
                    Back in the 80s, I knew an elderly supporter who wouldn't support the Republic of Ireland,he'd always say the IFA was the proper association. Surprisingly enough, he was an IRA man during the war of independence and the civil war.
                    That attitude might not have been that uncommon, given the number of players from the republic that played for both teams before 1949. It also makes sense of a sort if you're just not a big fan of partition.

Comment

The second captains live interview with stephen Kenny went up on Stephen'seseses Day.

Why is Mick mcCarthy our fucking manager?

Comment

It isn't as if the FAI are renowned for their wise decisions

Comment

Are they still functioning, or whatever passed for functioning? And if so, could there be future legal action for trading while insolvent?

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                            Safe pair of hands. Look at how he has stabilised the team already and restored fighting spirit and camaraderie. Finished a triumphant third in the group, which makes a change after that anaemic final MON campaign where we only finished second.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                              Are they still functioning, or whatever passed for functioning? And if so, could there be future legal action for trading while insolvent?
                              Oh Sits, You just don't understand Irish Corporate Ultra culture at all.

Comment

That’s very true. I did hear Garcia’s deconstruction of the financials the other day. Listening from an accountant’s perspective I couldn’t see an alternative to winding the whole thing up and starting again, with liability pursuing the directors and former directors outside the corporate shell. I realise none of that helps the rest of Irish football one iota.

Anyway - and not being sarky cos I’m not like that - I’m happy to be enlightened.

Comment

Is the FAI a corporation?

I always presumed that it had some kind of hybrid status

Comment

God alone knows what is going to happen Sits. We believe in more organic, holistic forgiving approaches to dealing with such situations.

Comment

Has an FG minister gone on record yet to state that they won't be giving "another red cent" to the FAI? If not, can a journalist with a spine ask Varadkar a question about whether or not the FAI should get "another red cent"?

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                        Is the FAI a corporation?

I always presumed that it had some kind of hybrid status
                                        I got the gist on Second Captains’ pod about the financials that it’s a corporate entity, but maybe there’s a quirk protecting it from standard corporate law. It seems there is absolutely no prospect of the debts being settled in the foreseeable future.

Comment

Niall Quinn becomes the Deputy CEO of the FAI.

Comment

Fuckin Mother Theresa. Sunderland under his figurehead rule were hardly a model for good governance.

Comment

The FAI is a company limited by guarantee which was a type of entity brought in to effect in 2014 for charities and non profit organisations. Directors are more insulated than a normal company but the book can still be thrown at them if they act dishonestly or fraudently (not that anyone is saying that is the case with the FAI). https://www.companyformations.ie/com...-by-guarantee/ - jist of it here. Google company limited by guarantee and open the McCann Fitzgerald pdf if you want more technical detail.

Only thing stopping it from being wound up is that it would crystallise a whole load of bad stuff. Letting it keep going keeps alive the hope of a bailout. I'm surprised that they found people who make a living from board directorships to go on the board. Wouldn't take much for them to lose their other sinecures as a result of this.
                                              Last edited by Ek weet nie; 23-01-2020, 22:50.

Comment

It'll be interesting to see the relationship between Quinn and the League of Ireland. If he starts talking down to us, it'll go downhill very quickly.

Comment

Working...
                                                X