DELANEY OUT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DELANEY OUT

Couldn't put it better myself. The sheer poverty of imagination is absolutely staggering to behold.

Comment

DELANEY OUT

Regarding Nigel Clough, it has come to my attention that he paid 1,200,000 pounds sterling for Conor Sammon.

Comment

DELANEY OUT

The Awesome Berbaslug!!! wrote: There are more than two fucking managers in the world. Just how fucking useless and fucking lazy is that cunt Delaney.
        Martin O'Neil is smart enough to not want to work for the FAI. I'd say he's not the only one. Seems like Ruud Dokter's Dutch connections are steering well clear as well. Although, in fairness, I doubt any Dutch managers would know him enough to take his call.

Maybe they are waiting for Chris Hughton to get the sack. We can't afford to pay off the contract of brilliant managers like Mick McCarthy.

Comment

DELANEY OUT

Diable Rouge wrote:

English OTFers can get the popcorn ready, today's Irish papers report that O'Neill has withdrawn and that it's a straight Mick v Roy shootout for the post.
          Latest best odds

Mad Mick 11/10
          Keano 14/1.

If it is a two horse race nobody told the bookies.

Comment

DELANEY OUT

AB2 wrote: Couldn't put it better myself. The sheer poverty of imagination is absolutely staggering to behold.
            You could have added a few more expletives. I think there's room for a few more.

Comment

DELANEY OUT

Maybe they are waiting for Martin Jol to get the sack. Currently getting played off the Selhurst Park.

Comment

DELANEY OUT

Bad news, chaps. Former Ipswich captain Tony Mowbray has been sacked by Middlesbrough. There's a short and pretty plausible chain you can make from that.

Comment

DELANEY OUT

Mowbary comes back to Ipswich, splits open Mick McCarthy's skull, devours his brain, shits it into a bucket and posts it to 80 Merrion Square, Dublin. Delaney receives the bucket and says, "Well, say what you want, but Mick's a good, upstanding man, and this is a decent shade of shit," and the paperwork is signed. Bucket O'Shit becomes manager of Ireland and, somehow, manages to do ever so slightly less worse than a septuagenarian managing the team from Milan by DVD. Robbie Keane scores a hat-trick of penalties in a 3-2 Lansdowne Road drubbing of Malta and how we all rejoice. He'll always get you a goal, you say? He'll get you three! Hail the King. There's only one Keano. Ah, Robbie, didn't you get your first competitive goal for Ireland against Malta as well? And wasn't that also under Bucket O'Shit? The ensuing nostalgia makes everybody feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Sounds plausible.

Comment

DELANEY OUT

Giampaolo Mazza, Europe's longest serving manager, has quit the San Marino job after earning one point in 15 years. Just saying, like.

Comment

DELANEY OUT

Graham Kavanagh has a 50% winning percentage at Carlisle - ok, so he's only been in charge for 6 matches, but don't let that detail get in the way of the stats - he's even shown he can coach a side to win a penalty shoot-out with the victory over Morecambe in the JPT.

Comment

DELANEY OUT

The Graham Kavanagh of 12 years ago would walk into this Irish team. He's unlucky he had Keane, Kinsella and Holland in front of him during the peak of his career. A fine player.

Comment

DELANEY OUT

http://thescore.thejournal.ie/middlesbrough-job-tony-pulis-martin-oneill-1140987-Oct2013/?utm_source=facebook_short

http://thescore.thejournal.ie/mick-mccarthy-make-good-ireland-manager-ipswich-view-1147306-Oct2013/?utm_source=facebook_short

Bryaniek wrote: Mowbary comes back to Ipswich, splits open Mick McCarthy's skull, devours his brain, shits it into a bucket and posts it to 80 Merrion Square, Dublin. Delaney receives the bucket and says, "Well, say what you want, but Mick's a good, upstanding man, and this is a decent shade of shit," and the paperwork is signed. Bucket O'Shit becomes manager of Ireland and, somehow, manages to do ever so slightly less worse than a septuagenarian managing the team from Milan by DVD. Robbie Keane scores a hat-trick of penalties in a 3-2 Lansdowne Road drubbing of Malta and how we all rejoice. He'll always get you a goal, you say? He'll get you three! Hail the King. There's only one Keano. Ah, Robbie, didn't you get your first competitive goal for Ireland against Malta as well? And wasn't that also under Bucket O'Shit? The ensuing nostalgia makes everybody feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Sounds plausible.
                          WTF??

Comment

DELANEY OUT

Looks like it's O'Neill.

Comment

DELANEY OUT

Yesterday, the FAI announced a home friendly against Latvia for the upcoming international week. I thought even the FAI weren't so stupid as to organise such a pointless event. And without a manager on top of the current national disaffection with the side, it's a certain money-loser for the Association. So I assumed that they had a manager all-but signed up.

I'd be happy with O'Neill. I'd be even happier that its not McCarthy.

Comment

DELANEY OUT

Twitter is full of reports that Roy Keane will be O'Neill's Number 2.

That will sell a few tickets at the Aviva.

Comment

DELANEY OUT

It's becoming ever more apparent that Keane is working his way through his list of self-debasement, as part of some weird consuming impulse of inner masochism.

First he took a job from Niall Quinn. Now he's going to be working for John Delaney. If he carries on down this road he'll be cutting the grass for Mick McCarthy within the next five years.

Comment

DELANEY OUT

ITV was enough of a purgatory for him, maybe Roy will be better suited to the Peter Taylor role.

Comment

DELANEY OUT

is he working for john delaney though? I sense the hand of silvio.

Comment

DELANEY OUT

What does an assistant manager do at international level? Put the cones out and be in charge of the lucozade?

Comment

DELANEY OUT

Keane was publicly backing O'Neill from the start. This has been the plan all along.

Comment

DELANEY OUT

What earthly purpose can Roy Keane serve as a number two for Ireland?

Most assistants are decent day-to-day coaches on the training ground who can be a good conduit between managers and players.
                                            Keane is a terrible coach with personality issues who will cost way more than the going rate for the job.

Comment

DELANEY OUT

Our players are going to be so motivated that I fear that half of them are going to automatically combust in the tunnel.

i wouldn't worry about what keane is getting paid, the FAI won't be contributing to that.

Comment

DELANEY OUT

Rogin the Armchair Fan wrote: What does an assistant manager do at international level? Put the cones out and be in charge of the lucozade?
                                                Funny enough, that sounds quite close to what Steve Staunton's job was at Walsall before he became the Ireland MANAGER, so you never know with the FAI.

Comment

DELANEY OUT

It could be a good balance of personalities, I think. The Martin O'Neill of Sunderland had clearly lost a bit of desire/fire/hunger/motivation?, which we know Keane will still have in spades.

Comment

DELANEY OUT

Desire, fire, hunger and motivation are all qualities that are automatically accepted as goods things, but why do we assume that individuals who might possess such qualities are by extension good at manifesting them on their charges?

Do we have any anecdotal evidence that Keane can do anything more than growl at players while internally resenting how shit they are compared to how he was?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X