Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DELANEY OUT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    DELANEY OUT

    Keith Fahey looked far better in a green jersey than Gibson has ever done. Unfortunately, missing Euro 2012 was the beginning of the end for him and there's surely no way back for him now.

    Comment


      DELANEY OUT

      AB2 wrote: Keith Fahey looked far better in a green jersey than Gibson has ever done.
      My first thought was "Eh? Why, he's not a keeper.". Duh...

      Comment


        DELANEY OUT

        AB2 wrote: Keith Fahey looked far better in a green jersey than Gibson has ever done. Unfortunately, missing Euro 2012 was the beginning of the end for him and there's surely no way back for him now.
        It's difficult to play central midfield in Trap's system and come out of it looking good. I don't think anybody has managed it yet. When you are only given one start for Ireland it becomes especially difficult to make your mark.

        It has been common knowledge in international management for over three years now that you beat Ireland by overwhelming the understaffed midfield. Trap's excuse for this constant occurance that we don't have Platini and Boniek. The guy is a complete chancer.

        Comment


          DELANEY OUT

          FAI after Dick Advocaat according to reports in the Dutch media.

          Fuck's sake.

          Comment


            DELANEY OUT

            Not quite as off the wall as Walter Zenga, but getting there. Noel King will serve as stand-in boss next month, while Roy Keane has backed Martin O'Neill.

            Comment


              DELANEY OUT

              Ruud Dokter was appointed youth coach at the KNVB (Dutch FA) in 2003. Guess who was managing the Dutch senior team back then.

              Could be a case of a favour being returned, this.

              Comment


                DELANEY OUT

                I'd say Advocaat's agent is just trying to the force the hand of (or get a better deal out of) Galatasaray, who sacked Fatih Terim during the week.

                Comment


                  DELANEY OUT

                  Noel King's provisional squad.

                  David Forde
                  Keiren Westwood
                  Darren Randolph

                  Joey O'Brien
                  Sean St Ledger
                  Marc Wilson
                  Seamus Coleman
                  Stephen Kelly
                  Ciaran Clark
                  Paul McShane

                  Darron Gibson
                  Glenn Whelan
                  James McCarthy
                  Paul Green
                  Andy Reid
                  Aiden McGeady
                  Anthony Pilkington
                  James McClean
                  Robbie Brady
                  Stephen Quinn
                  Wes Hoolahan

                  Shane Long
                  Robbie Keane
                  Jon Walters
                  Kevin Doyle
                  Anthony Stokes

                  Kazakhstan game
                  Richard Dunne
                  John O'Shea

                  Comment


                    DELANEY OUT

                    As noted on another thread, La Gazzetta is reporting that Roberto Mancini has signed a three year deal with Galatasaray, so if that was Advocaat's gambit, it has failed.

                    Comment


                      DELANEY OUT

                      Robbie Keane is "injured".

                      Noel King likely to play 4-5-1. Time to celebrate

                      Comment


                        DELANEY OUT

                        Why the fuck would we celebrate the loss of our best ever goalscorer? Not that it'll make a difference tonight, of course. They're still gonna cream us.

                        Comment


                          DELANEY OUT

                          because we're playing 4-4-2 to accommodate him. He's also fucking over his club. They released him to play against england in a friendly before the summer, so they'd like him to miss the dead rubber against kazakhstan, but Robbie sees the chance to add to his tally.

                          The cunt wants to play on to 2016 as well. Just fuck off robbie.

                          Comment


                            DELANEY OUT

                            So play 4-5-1 with him up front. I'm a fan of Long but no way does he score as many as Robbie. We should at least have him on the bench. Who do you think is going to score for us if he's not in the side? Sammon? Walters? Green? McGeady?

                            Comment


                              DELANEY OUT

                              Ireland - Sweden will tell you all about Robbie Keane.

                              Robbie Keane scored, but we lost.

                              Zlatan didn't score, but Sweden won and Zlatan was man of the match. Anders Svensson, who hadn't scored a competitive goal for Sweden in four years, got the winner.

                              Comment


                                DELANEY OUT

                                That means nothing. You can't pin the whole reason for defeat on one player. The fact that our midfield was shite was the main reason we lost that game. Also the fact that Ibra's a class player well above all the other players on the pitch.

                                Comment


                                  DELANEY OUT

                                  part of the reason that our midfield is so shite is that they are undermanned, and bypassed as we punt the ball long for 5'11" shane long to nod down for Robbie Keane, who can't run any more.

                                  Who cares if keane got a couple of goals against the faroes and georgia, he managed one goal from open play in his previous 20 Games. No wonder he wanted trap to stay on.

                                  Fuck off Robbie. Just fuck off.

                                  Comment


                                    DELANEY OUT

                                    Bryaniek wrote: Ireland - Sweden will tell you all about Robbie Keane.

                                    Robbie Keane scored, but we lost.

                                    Zlatan didn't score, but Sweden won and Zlatan was man of the match. Anders Svensson, who hadn't scored a competitive goal for Sweden in four years, got the winner.
                                    The more I reflect on this the stupider it seems. So Robbie Keane - who's job it is as a striker is to score goals remember - does precisely the thing he's supposed to do - score, ie the most significant possible contribution you can make on a football pitch - but Ibrahimovic doesn't score, doesn't provide any assists and somehow this proves... what, exactly?

                                    Comment


                                      DELANEY OUT

                                      Bryaniek wrote: Ireland - Sweden will tell you all about Robbie Keane.

                                      Robbie Keane scored, but we lost.

                                      Zlatan didn't score, but Sweden won and Zlatan was man of the match. Anders Svensson, who hadn't scored a competitive goal for Sweden in four years, got the winner.
                                      The more I reflect on this the stupider it seems. So Robbie Keane - who's job it is as a striker is to score goals remember - does precisely the thing he's supposed to do - score, ie the most significant possible contribution you can make on a football pitch - but Ibrahimovic doesn't score, doesn't provide any assists and somehow this proves... what, exactly?

                                      Comment


                                        DELANEY OUT

                                        What robbie Keane does is stand around and wait for a scoring opportunity to fall his way. so effectively he's useful for only seconds in every game, and even then he doesn't manage that in most of his games. We can't play against the faroe islands or georgia in every game, so he should just fuck off.

                                        Comment


                                          DELANEY OUT

                                          Jaysus, any chance of hearing the B-side?

                                          Comment


                                            DELANEY OUT

                                            The Awesome Berbaslug!!! wrote: part of the reason that our midfield is so shite is that they are undermanned, and bypassed as we punt the ball long for 5'11" shane long to nod down for Robbie Keane, who can't run any more.
                                            They're undermanned and bypassed because Trapattoni has a maniacal grudge against creative midfielders. But he also had enough cop-on to know that if your striking choices are as limited as ours you pick the guy most likely to score goals when the chips are down. If you had to bet money on it would you back Connor Sammon to put away a loose ball in the heat of a tight game?

                                            Comment


                                              DELANEY OUT

                                              Keyzer wrote:
                                              Originally posted by Bryaniek
                                              Ireland - Sweden will tell you all about Robbie Keane.

                                              Robbie Keane scored, but we lost.

                                              Zlatan didn't score, but Sweden won and Zlatan was man of the match. Anders Svensson, who hadn't scored a competitive goal for Sweden in four years, got the winner.
                                              The more I reflect on this the stupider it seems. So Robbie Keane - who's job it is as a striker is to score goals remember - does precisely the thing he's supposed to do - score, ie the most significant possible contribution you can make on a football pitch - but Ibrahimovic doesn't score, doesn't provide any assists and somehow this proves... what, exactly?
                                              Zlatan got the assist to the second goal and was an outlet for keeping posession. Zlatan contributes more to the game as a team player.

                                              Robbie Keane is like a goalkeeper who is an absolutely brilliant shot stopper, with the reflexes of a cat, but who is useless under crosses, dropping every second ball. There's arguments for keeping such a goalkeeper in the team, and there's arguments for dropping such a goalkeeper. It's not an open and shut case of "well, he is a great keeper on the line, so let's keep him."

                                              I can see the argument for keeping Robbie Keane in the team, but for me the cons outweigh the pros. Seeing that he's playing in MLS, a lot of managers in Europe have come to the conclusion that the cons of Robbie Keane outweigh the pros.

                                              Comment


                                                DELANEY OUT

                                                The Awesome Berbaslug!!! wrote: What robbie Keane does is stand around and wait for a scoring opportunity to fall his way. so effectively he's useful for only seconds in every game, and even then he doesn't manage that in most of his games. We can't play against the faroe islands or georgia in every game, so he should just fuck off.
                                                I see. So he's only useful for a few seconds in a game during which he normally either scores or gets a shot on target. Other than that he's useless. Right.

                                                Comment


                                                  DELANEY OUT

                                                  If you had to bet money on it would you back Connor Sammon to put away a loose ball in the heat of a tight game?
                                                  This is a massive straw man argument.

                                                  Comment


                                                    DELANEY OUT

                                                    Keyzer wrote:
                                                    Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!
                                                    What robbie Keane does is stand around and wait for a scoring opportunity to fall his way. so effectively he's useful for only seconds in every game, and even then he doesn't manage that in most of his games. We can't play against the faroe islands or georgia in every game, so he should just fuck off.
                                                    I see. So he's only useful for a few seconds in a game during which he normally either scores or gets a shot on target. Other than that he's useless. Right.
                                                    Yes. If he is being a deadweight for the other 89 minutes on the pitch, then you could say that he is contributing to goals at the wrong end.

                                                    In the case of a goalkeeper fumbling crosses, this is easy to judge. In the case of a striker, it's more difficult to judge.

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X