Game 38

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game 38

What are the odds on no Premier League game on the last day of the season having anything at all riding on it? Title sewn up; identity of top four sewn up; fifth place probably wrapped up; three teams already relegated.

Given that this was supposed to be one of the Greatest Ever League In The Universe's most exciting seasons until a couple of weeks ago, this would be quite amusing. Are odds available?

Game 38

Does it have to go to the wire to be exciting?

Comment

Game 38

JtS wrote:
      Yeah don't understand that. So if the first 37 weeks are exciting but the last one isnt then we've all really been bored all along. OK then.

Comment

Game 38

This is a bit off topic but i have to say I was wondering what was so reassuringly familiar this year that I've been missing in recent years and yesterday I twigged that it's the fact that Saints are probably going to wait till the last game to either heroically escape relegation or more likely sink into it as if it were a vat of Angel Delight they'd just stepped into.

Comment

Game 38

Bit presumptuous that, lyra.

Comment

Game 38

Pretty much, yeah.

Comment

Game 38

Problem for me (and the Premier League, though they probably would deny it)is that the top four at the moment are who everyone wouldve predicted pre-season. As are the middle eight. Thus also the bottom eight.......which cant be good.

Comment

Game 38

Its looking like the North-Easts "Bald Men Fighting Over A Comb Trophy" may go to the last game though.
                I can just see the "Gold-plated Toothless Comb" being helicoptered around the country while the nation waits with baited breath as Richard Keys and Andy Gray hype it up to second coming proportions.

Comment

Game 38

Maybe the fact that there will be nothing riding on the last game is a reason to be fully in support of a game 39 in Thailand/China.

The teams will have an extra game to get out of trouble or to win the title.

I see no flaw in this logic whatsoever.

Comment

Working...
                  X